Incase you don't know | The Boneyard

Incase you don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd say a decent amount of Rutgers fans for the 1st time ever will most likely not be upset if UCONN beats Rutgers on Saturday. The die hards want Flood fired in the worst way (I am on that list). I won't be rooting against RU but if you guys somehow win this toilet bowl (I like UCONN to cover) I won't be too upset.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that should resolve all of Rutger's issues, especially with a loss to a 1-9 UCONN team. Good lord..........

Reaction Score
If I was a Rutgers fan, I'd be more inclined to worry about spending eternity doomed to the B1G basement in all sports then worrying about Coach Flood's employment status. When he was hired, most Rutgers poster thought that he was the second coming of Amos Alonso Stagg or Bear Bryant.

Reaction Score
If I was a Rutgers fan, I'd be more inclined to worry about spending eternity doomed to the B1G basement in all sports then worrying about Coach Flood's employment status. When he was hired, most Rutgers poster thought that he was the second coming of Amos Alonso Stagg or Bear Bryant.
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Reaction Score
Funny thing about flood. I thought last year he walked into the perfect situation. But I had serious questions about his ability to keep it going. He strikes me as another one of those very average coaches. I imagine he'll be there for a couple more years before the Ruts decide to replace him with another mediocre to bad coach.

Reaction Score
RU should tread very lightly on this Flood situation. They are unlikely to pay big money to the next coach and Flood did win nine games a year ago. To fire him after this year even if they miss a bowl, would make them look like they are unfair in what they're expecting out of a coach thus maybe even limiting their candidate pool even more. Not to mention he singlehandedly kept their recuiting class intact when schiano bolted when he did.

Reaction Score
RU should tread very lightly on this Flood situation. They are unlikely to pay big money to the net coach and Flood did win none games a year ago. To fire him after this year even if they miss a bowl, would make them look like they are unfair in what they're expecting out of a coach thus maybe even limiting their candidate pool even more. Not to mention he singlehandedly kept their recuiting class intact when schiano bolted when he did.

RU is changing its ways....we no longer want to accept mediocracy (at least the fans who also donate to the school).

Reaction Score
I'd say a decent amount of Rutgers fans for the 1st time ever will most likely not be upset if UCONN beats Rutgers on Saturday. The die hards want Flood fired in the worst way (I am on that list). I won't be rooting against RU but if you guys somehow win this toilet bowl (I like UCONN to cover) I won't be too upset.

I'm trying to think of the last time I wasn't upset by a UConn loss, or that I rooted against UConn in any way, shape or form.

Nope. I've got nothing.

Reaction Score
You may not want to accept mediocrity but going into the B1G it would be ridiculous to expect instant success. Its not like the team's success will in any way be changed by what the fans demand or desire (look at us). I agree with noey, that to fire Flood this year would probably signal to potential candidates that they would not be given the appropriate leash to succeed in what will, at least at first, be a difficult situation.

Reaction Score
You may not want to accept mediocrity but going into the B1G it would be ridiculous to expect instant success. Its not like the team's success will in any way be changed by what the fans demand or desire (look at us). I agree with noey, that to fire Flood this year would probably signal to potential candidates that they would not be given the appropriate leash to succeed in what will, at least at first, be a difficult situation.

Fire flood now is what I say. These are the early signs of your PP....don't you wish you fired him earlier?

Reaction Score
I get it, but honestly if we were headed to the B1G, I wouldn't have been so ready to drop P before this season. We need to be at the top of our game at all times, because of our conference purgatory. Rutgers has the luxury of being able to plan strategically for the long term because they are in the most stable conference situation. I think firing Flood now, would be detrimental to that long term success.

Also, nobody really wanted P from Day 1. Flood was almost unanimously lauded as a good hire.

Reaction Score
When he was hired, most Rutgers poster thought that he was the second coming of Amos Alonso Stagg or Bear Bryant.

No one thought that.

Funny thing about flood. I thought last year he walked into the perfect situation. But I had serious questions about his ability to keep it going. He strikes me as another one of those very average coaches. I imagine he'll be there for a couple more years before the Ruts decide to replace him with another mediocre to bad coach.

He did and he bungled it. Then we saw what he is this season, a guy in over his head. If he survives this season (that is up to you guys to beat us) then he will definitely be sent packing after the 2014 season. Football is the 1 sport we actually get support from our BOG

RU should tread very lightly on this Flood situation. They are unlikely to pay big money to the next coach and Flood did win nine games a year ago. To fire him after this year even if they miss a bowl, would make them look like they are unfair in what they're expecting out of a coach thus maybe even limiting their candidate pool even more. Not to mention he singlehandedly kept their recuiting class intact when schiano bolted when he did.

Everything about this post is incorrect.

Reaction Score
Also, nobody really wanted P from Day 1. Flood was almost unanimously lauded as a good hire.

Again, wrong. Why do you guys make this up? Who thought it was a good hire? Please show me so I can debunk this myth.

Reaction Score
yeah, because prior to PP's departure, we didn't have people here rooting against him.

Hey if anyone was rooting against P shame on them. That said, the thought that Flood saves his job by beating UConn is just ridiculous. If they're gonna fire him they're gonna fire him.

Reaction Score
Hey if anyone was rooting against P shame on them. That said, the thought that Flood saves his job by beating UConn is just ridiculous. If they're gonna fire him they're gonna fire him.

If he beats 2 very bad football teams to go 7-5 I doubt they will fire him. So yes, he does save his job by winning Saturday.

Hence why we now have a different starting QB for this weekend. He knows his ass is on the line.

Reaction Score
If he beats 2 very bad football teams to go 7-5 I doubt they will fire him. So yes, he does save his job by winning Saturday.

Hence why we now have a different starting QB for this weekend. He knows his ass is on the line.

Well I forgot we were talking about Rutgers. Who fortunately botches every single decision to be made.

It's a good thing for you guys that your leaders can't physically relocate your campus to the middle of Wyoming.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
RU should and could aspire to be like Michigan St or Iowa. Mid-level program occasionally in contention for a division title with the right coach. NW, Ill, Minn and Indiana are all at this level. With a NJ recruiting base it's silly to say they can't achieve that.

When you have the ability to schedule 4 wins, making a bowl game isn't an unreasonable demand. In fact, it's difficult to miss.

If they don't think Flood is the guy, they should fire him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fire flood now is what I say. These are the early signs of your PP....don't you wish you fired him earlier?

PP never won 9 games and got to a bowl game.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of people and many posts discussing this very topic. Clearly RU is dealing with their own version of PP.
Wasn't it a loss to Buffalo that cemented PP's fate?

Reaction Score
Wasn't it a loss to Buffalo that cemented PP's fate?

No, it was 2 plus years of absolute incompetence that sealed P's fate. That, and his blind allegiance to GDL.

If we beat Buffalo that day, P would've still ended up getting fired. Maybe not that week, but he would've eventually been gone. Very rare does someone lose their job based on one game result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacks5556

Top Bottom