Inbounding the ball problem for CT -- both times seemed strange to me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Inbounding the ball problem for CT -- both times seemed strange to me

Reaction Score
My wife and I were flabbergasted by the out-of-bounds plays. Everyone was standing around waiting to be told to "GO". My wife thinks it was too loud and they did not here the whistle. There are times the refs give the players the ball early while they are attending to other things....

Reaction Score
This WAS the best defensive team that UCONN as played this year. However, I am sure the coaching staff knew this. Let's hope new
inbound plays are developed and practiced before they meet again.
Any inbound plays would be a good thing.

Reaction Score
And don't forget the "brain cramp" that Aubrey had where she picked the ball up after a SC basket and then stepped across the baseline back onto the court to hand the ball to another player to do the inbounds pass but was called for violating the in-bounds rules. Also, thankfully, Nika was astute enough to do the off the back of Zia Cook on the inbound play, otherwise that would have been a 3rd 5 second call.

The point is you can't, absolutely can't have 3 deadball turnovers against elite teams and also commit 15+ inplay turnovers a game as well. This team needs to be smarter.

My other pet peeve was when we needed to foul, Aubrey was clueless that SHE needed to foul as she only had 1 foul while Nika, Lou and Aaliyah all had 4 fouls. Yes, I am calling Aubrey out on this as she comes from a basketball family and should absolutely be aware of the situation.
Geno and staff somewhat clueless as they had a need to foul but left multiple players with 4 fouls on the floor. Also that first 5 second call was a quick one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom