In what game were we so out-talented we had no shot? | The Boneyard

In what game were we so out-talented we had no shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see all these apoligista threads. Apparently the point is that we were out-talented in 7 games, perhaps more.

IMHO, the only game on the schedule where we had a significant talent deficit was WVU. And the team was toe to toe for a half.

So if you're going to let the coaching staff off the hook, please name the games where coaching had no role and we just couldn't compete on the field.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Consistency is a talent.

Reaction Score
in my opinion we were only out-talented at the QB and WR positions......but the deficiencies were pretty huge in those areas.

and in those 2 areas, we were WAY out-talented.

Reaction Score
We were not as talented at QB, rb, wr and fb as most of our opponents. Our OL was also not as good as last season IMO.

When Blidi went down our DBs struggled and our LBs where not as good as some of our opponents namely ISU and Cincy.

This team has some talent, but there was little margin dot error.

Reaction Score
in my opinion we were only out-talented at the QB and WR positions......but the deficiencies were pretty huge in those areas.

and in those 2 areas, we were WAY out-talented.

Agree. And in just about every game. The two most important positions, and we were badly outclassed in both by almost everyone we played.

Reaction Score
I see all these apoligista threads. Apparently the point is that we were out-talented in 7 games, perhaps more.

IMHO, the only game on the schedule where we had a significant talent deficit was WVU. And the team was toe to toe for a half.

So if you're going to let the coaching staff off the hook, please name the games where coaching had no role and we just couldn't compete on the field.

You can talk about coaching all day long. Without talent at QB or Wide Out, you can't run an effective offense. We can't catch, we can't hang on when we do catch, and we can't throw. You tell me what a coach can do with those cards.

Reaction Score
Too many times this year we went three and out, or a drive stalled because we couldn't execute a simple pitch and catch between the QB and WR. Sometimes it was the WRs, most times it was the QB position. Its a subtle thing, but you end up punting, when you should have gotten a fresh set of downs.

Overall talent, I agree. It can be found on this roster in bunches. QB, WR, and RB are in need of a talent/depth infusion. That is not to say the coaches were flawless, they made their share of blunders but overall, I think we can certainly build of off this season.

Reaction Score
With those cards, you discard continuity and keep rotating guys until someone performs. Maybe we had better talent at QB and WR, maybe not. The coach just nailed some guys to the bench, so we will never know. From what I saw, anyone who played well against Fordham was given a supreme court like lifetime appointment.

And if we don't execute the plays, doesn't the coach have a hand in that?

Reaction Score
Pal is (unfortunately) correct. IMO poor coaching cost us at least two games - maybe three. But by no means does that mean that we had a vastly superior talent vs most of our competition. It does mean that we were at parity with (perhaps) 9 or maybe 10 of our opponents. I think that even the coaching staff has 2nd guessed themselves concerning clock management and other decisions in the Vandy, IS and WM games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yep, it is that simple. Either we had more talent or less talent than the opposing team, and coaching made the difference after that.

Reaction Score
We were not as talented at QB, rb, wr and fb as most of our opponents. Our OL was also not as good as last season IMO.

When Blidi went down our DBs struggled and our LBs where not as good as some of our opponents namely ISU and Cincy.

This team has some talent, but there was little margin dot error.

This observation is quite accurate. Throw in some poor coaching and you have the 2011 Husky season. Actually surprising they finished 5-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom