"In the zone" or "On the cusp." | The Boneyard

"In the zone" or "On the cusp."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As we approach the halfway point of the regular season, it's a convenient time to assess where individual players are in terms of performance.

As I see it, three are "in the zone" (watch Woody Harrelson in "White Men Can't Jump" for precise definition of this term): Stef, Kelly and Kaleena. To be sure, there have been occasional lapses (e.g., Kelly's recent frequent TO's) but, by and large, the quality of their play merits serious AA consideration.

Next, five "on the cusp," meaning ready to bust out at any time to that higher level: Bria, Kiah, Breanna, Brianna, and Moriah. (Makes me think of the three ships of Christopher Columbus.) Now that Bria is playing "passionfully," she just needs to hone her shooting touch to return to the AA level. Kiah, a few encores of the Louisville game, please. Breanna, get well and get into the flow. Brianna has shown us "goodness," and now we impatiently and greedily seek "greatness." And as for that water bug, a little consistency from the perimeter and she gets the car keys.

I have omitted Caroline, Morgan and Heather because this post is already long enuff.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think we are playing average for our talent level we have. Stokes and Tuck are needed by this team for muscle when we face teams that are physically pushing us around. Stokes seems to be healthy again. Tuck seems to be struggling a bit with just getting into the flow of the game. You can see the talent but it just takes time. Stewart is improving every game and I love that she was not scared down the stretch against Notre Dame. Hartley has not been close to her last year play level and this should be a concern for everyone. We will not beat the Baylors and Notre Dames without her at her best.. Dolson is playing great along with Faris. Jefferson is improving but still needs confidence in her shot and moves of the dribble. I see the talent there getting better every game. Doty is playing good steady ball and Lewis is a star. Banks has shown so much improvement she seems to be ready to even bump it up a notch. When this team is clicking on all cylinders than we will beat anyone. I hope it happens this year. I thought we looked ragged in the first half against Louisville.

Reaction Score
I would upgrade Breanna and Moriah to "in the zone." They are playing UConn basketball- they "got it." They are solid members of the rotation. Geno puts them on the court with confidence. They are playing great defense and are taking shots inside and outside. Geno, want players who will work the offensive scheme and will unhesitatingly take the "good shot." Like KLM, on any given day, they will find some way to score.

Don't be so stingy with the car keys.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would upgrade Breanna and Moriah to "in the zone." They are playing UConn basketball- they "got it." They are solid members of the rotation. Geno puts them on the court with confidence. They are playing great defense and are taking shots inside and outside. Geno, want players who will work the offensive scheme and will unhesitatingly take the "good shot." Like KLM, on any given day, they will find some way to score.

Don't be so stingy with the car keys.
Breanna has not played anyone's basketball lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom