In the crazy world of the BE, is there a chance UConn wins it? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In the crazy world of the BE, is there a chance UConn wins it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey hey, I didn't mean to start a fight. I was just curious :p

The chances of it happening are slim to nil, but then again, stranger things have happened in my sports world in the past year. Should be an exciting finish. I think UConn should try to get into any bowl game.

Reaction Score
So there are fans who don't want a BCS game? If it comes to the last game and we can win to get in are you going to be rooting against us so that an 8-4 Rutgers team can get in? We are in uncertain times and we only need to take care of ourselves right now. A 2nd BCS bowl sends a message that we are growing.

If we have a chance then we play by the rules and get our BCS bowl. For now we are still a BCS conference and we better take advantage of it while we can.

Right now though I'd be happy just to get to Bowl Eligible. 6 wins and we are pretty much assured a bowl game. Then we get extra practices and momentum for next year when neibrich/cochrane can take us to the next level. Baby steps baby.

Reaction Score
I want to win out. That guaranties us a share of the title.

I have mixed feelings about whether, as a co-champion, I want to play Clemson in the Orange Bowl. But I'll worry about that after we win out.

Reaction Score
All of the people who don't want us to get the BCS bid because it would hurt the Big East are not taking into account the possibility that we might upset Clemson or V Tech. Don't rule it out. If Blidi comes back our D could give us a chance. Clemson beat Wake Forest today by 2 points. They are not Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Hey - if we make the BCS again this year at least we won't have to listen to the pundits' stupid "four loss Big East team" routine again!

Reaction Score
Hold on - I want to go BCS and win! Bring it on, Clemson or VT or whomever from the ACC. Did you people not see the trick shot video? We are in it to win it.

Reaction Score
I'm with you guys that dont want to go to a BCS game just like last year i was rooting against us to win the BB national title after finishing 9-9 in the BE

Reaction Score
+1 cincy needs to win it outright so we don't have any more of this shared business and then give the conference some street cred

The ocnference has little street cred this year and never will unless it has 1-2 dominating teams. You strive for the BCS whether you have your best team ever or a mediocre team that happens to win the league. Every team that has a chance to win the BE has flaws and the BCS representative will take its media blows.
  • Cincinatti (destoyed by Tennessee - a team with zero wins in the SEC). Now Collaros is gone.
  • WVU - destoyed by LSU (although most other teams were as well) but more importantly, a bad loss to Cuse.
  • Uconn - would have 5 losses; losses to Vandy (2-5 in SEC), WMU and ISU (2-4 in Big12)
  • Rutgirls - loss to UNC (2-4 in ACC)
  • Louisville - would have 5 losses; losses to FIU, UNC and Marshall
  • Pitt - would have 5 losses, bad loss to Iowa, barely beat Maine
On paper, WVU would appear to represent the league the best (and they often step up in big bowls), but of course I want Uconn to get there. They would be as good as any other BE team. The BE title is there for UCONN's taking if they win out and benefit from a little luck.

Reaction Score
Hmmm....let's see. Conference championship or not. Conference championship or not.......conference championship or not......

We get louisville on Saturday. That's all that matters right now in reality.

Louisville, and payback for 26-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro