In other news - BC v. URI roundball | The Boneyard

In other news - BC v. URI roundball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This just in off the wires.

University of Rhode Island men's basketball team defeats Boston College 78-72 in a thrilling 2-OT Atlantic 10 vs. ACC matchup played in front of approximately 3,000 Rhode Island fans at Conte Forum that made the 90 minute drive from Kingston to Chestnut Hill.

It's worked out so well for Eugene, in avoiding the University of Connecticut for ownership of the Northeast college sports world. Just wait till UMass starts recruiting hard for football.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u down played this a bit. this isn't usual a10 uri who is a mid major alert on the cusp on a ncaa atlarge bid like other years. this is a uri team that is 2-12 on the season before bcu. they have beat hofstra and jmu. they have lost to prov/brown/yale/maine/bu among others.

its scary how bad that school has gotten at sports.

Reaction Score
But...but.... boston college is in the ACC!!!

Syracuse and Pitt soon to follow in their footsteps and become toad stools to Tobacco Road.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's almost impossible to believe that Boston College can be this bad. That an ACC team can't put together a roster that isn't one of the 15 best teams in New England is mind-'bottleing'.

Reaction Score
BCU can't suck bad enough at anything & everything for my taste. May they keep embarrassing the ACC.

2011-12 BCU victims:

New Hampshire
UC Riverside
Stony Brook
Bryant
Sacred Heart

2011-12 BCU casualties:

Holy Cross
UMass
St. Louis
New Mexico
Penn St.
Boston U.
Providence
Harvard
Rhode Island

5-9 heading into conference play(next game: at UNC), with 4 losses to in-state teams. Congrats Flipper.

Reaction Score
When UMass starts recruiting hard for football? and I guarantee the new coach coming in from Notre Dame is going to be kicking at all the tires in the region....

BC is in deep doo-doo.

I hope that UMass can experience the same kind of rise in 1-A football that we've achieved. I have my doubts, but they're not much different from any doubts that were in place about UConn from a university campus and facilities situation than we were in the mid - late 1990s. They actually have a leg up on where we were at, because Gillette stadium wants them.

Reaction Score
It's almost impossible to believe that Boston College can be this bad. That an ACC team can't put together a roster that isn't one of the 15 best teams in New England is mind-'bottleing'.

Top 15? What are you talking about? I think BC could give Middlebury (#1 in the country), MIT (#4), Amherst (#6), and Williams (#7) tough games. They're definitely in the top 5 in New England.

Oh. Wait. You weren't talking about Div III?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
BCU can't suck bad enough at anything & everything for my taste. May they keep embarrassing the ACC.

2011-12 BCU victims:

New Hampshire
UC Riverside
Stony Brook
Bryant
Sacred Heart

2011-12 BCU casualties:

Holy Cross
UMass
St. Louis
New Mexico
Penn St.
Boston U.
Providence
Harvard
Rhode Island

5-9 heading into conference play(next game: at UNC), with 4 losses to in-state teams. Congrats Flipper.
Holy crap. They are effectively the 6th best team in Mass (I'm giving my other alma mater Northeastern the nod based on beating BU). This may redefine pathetic.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. They are effectively the 6th best team in Mass (I'm giving my other alma mater Northeastern the nod based on beating BU). This may redefine pathetic.

They might be 7th. MIT is 12-0.

Reaction Score
They might be 7th. MIT is 12-0.

As noted above, throw in Amherst and Williams too.
Seriously. Good D-3 is probably equivalent to mid-Ivy, or some of these other lower-tier conferences like the NEC. I think it'd be competitive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bc is not in the top 10 of MA. aic would take them down. williams, mit, amherst are all in the chat as well.

edit^lol didn't see that in time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As noted above, throw in Amherst and Williams too.
Seriously. Good D-3 is probably equivalent to mid-Ivy, or some of these other lower-tier conferences like the NEC. I think it'd be competitive.

No offense, but that is utter and complete lunacy. NEC teams would beat DIII teams to a bloody pulp.

Reaction Score
whaler is right. While D-3 basketball can be pretty good to watch, I went to a Williams-Amherst game a few years ago that was terrific, no chance in hell that they could compete with the NEC...they might beat BC though.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
come on guys, were not that stupid, but you can't have a little fun with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom