In my 25 yrs of watching Uconn BBall I can't remember a team as bad as this one | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In my 25 yrs of watching Uconn BBall I can't remember a team as bad as this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Why didn't Ollie start with small line up?

Reaction Score
One reason we fell behind in the first half is we had people who can't shoot 3's well, shooting them repeatedly. Driving the ball after an upfake would have been nice to see. Don't know why Ollie does nothing when this is going on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's difficult to play competitively when refs call fouls on you just for standing with your hands up. Then the doofus talking heads say we're not playing defense. If we tried to play defense, the entire team would have fouled out in the first half... Yet Puke can push, slap & tackle opponents on defense. We know who "The Protected Ones" are this season.

I've never seen such a hose job in college basketball before. I really wish someone would step up & call out officiating this year. Bilas seems to see it, but it makes no difference.

I blame Shabazz for calling out the NCAA last year. Emmert is on a mission this year to completely ban UConn this year.

That's my rant...

Ollie refuses to work the refs the way long standing college coaches work them. He treats the refs like it's the NBA. He does need some seasoned advice on improving that part of his coaching.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
i don't mean to bash them said:
Captures the attitude of a certain type of UCONN fans.

Don't disagree that it is a bad year and that there are guys on this team that I wish weren't. But to say Ollie was lucky is just ridiculous.
Some of the people you are complaining about are JC's picks. Ollie had 2 absolutely incredible years followed by this one. Get off the bus if you want, but it is way to early to even consider putting the words horrendous or lucky next to KO's name

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One reason we fell behind in the first half is we had people who can't shoot 3's well, shooting them repeatedly. Driving the ball after an upfake would have been nice to see. Don't know why Ollie does nothing when this is going on.

Please no, pump fake, dribble, turnover.

I'd rather them get the mistake out of the way quickly and just miss a jump shot. Calhoun and Purvis trying pump fakes and then dribbling is much more painful to watch.

Reaction Score
Boatright aside, this team can't pass, can barely dribble, no outside game, no inside game, doesn't rebound well.
they really do nothing well at all.
Ollie built this team and he did 1 horrendous job.
watching them play is almost intolerable.
i don't mean to bash them, they won the title last year
but this is just Bad basketball, Bad players, bad everything.
Careful, I got blasted for starting a thread on this six weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Ollie refuses to work the refs the way long standing college coaches work them. He treats the refs like it's the NBA. He does need some seasoned advice on improving that part of his coaching.

Ollie does need to be more mean on the doofus refs... Whining & looking sad holds no creed!

Reaction Score
Please no, pump fake, dribble, turnover.

I'd rather them get the mistake out of the way quickly and just miss a jump shot. Calhoun and Purvis trying pump fakes and then dribbling is much more painful to watch.
Ha, too true.

Reaction Score
2nd 1/2 KO got them to do all of the things we were justifiably griping about. Still glad he is the coach. This is still a very young team.

In one of his interviews he said that last year when he called a timeout and told the team what he wanted them the do they understood and did it. That is what you get when you have Jrs and Srs on the floor.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
2nd 1/2 KO got them to do all of the things we were justifiably griping about. Still glad he is the coach. This is still a very young team.

In one of his interviews he said that last year when he called a timeout and told the team what he wanted them the do they understood and did it. That is what you get when you have Jrs and Srs on the floor.
No problem with the gripers griping if they came back and talked about the great second half including Rodney's game. But I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction Score
If this team played in that conference they would be a lot worse.

That team was a lot better than their record, even as inexperienced as they were. They lost the whole team basically from the previous year. If I recall they had a lot of close games and just couldn't close them out and they were atrocious at the free throw line as well. If a freshman Jeff Adrien was on this years team we wouldn't be having this discussion. This year's team just needs to value the basketball a lot more and not make stupid decisions. Obviously, they have not learned to do that at all. I still think they have it in them to win the conference tourney and make noise in the NCAA. They are still the most talented team in the conference, that's just a fact, but talent alone does not win basketball games.

Reaction Score
Agreed that 2nd half performance was like switching the lights on...

But is it just me or does Hamilton, while he is a marvelous offensive talent, really struggle to stay focused on staying with his man on defense? Get a lot of rebounds which is kind of counter intuitive however I know..

Reaction Score
Agreed that 2nd half performance was like switching the lights on...

But is it just me or does Hamilton, while he is a marvelous offensive talent, really struggle to stay focused on staying with his man on defense? Get a lot of rebounds which is kind of counter intuitive however I know..
I would say he is inconsistent on defense, which pretty much comes with being a freshman. I've seen him play very good defense, and I've seen him be completely lost.

Reaction Score
I came into the game with about 9 minutes to go so the first half was over, and we built a lead from that point to the end. I understand why there is frustration because this was East Carolina that it was happening against. This is playing way down to the competition.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I came into the game with about 9 minutes to go so the first half was over, and we built a lead from that point to the end. I understand why there is frustration because this was East Carolina that it was happening against. This is playing way down to the competition.
UConn used to regularly struggle at Rutgers in the BE even when Rutgers fielded mediocre teams.. Many teams did because once upon a time the crowd was really into their team.

East Carolina was sporting a 5-2 record at home and in spite of a potential big snow storm in a region not used to storms, they had a full house of raucous fans. A road win is always a good win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom