In honor of Kibitzer, part deux: ECU Game Badass | The Boneyard

In honor of Kibitzer, part deux: ECU Game Badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This was a tough call tonight. The Peoples Bank POG was Napheesa. Early on, I thought that Gabby set the tone, especially on the defensive end. She was the energizer bunny and in the middle of everything. She had 16 points on 7-10 shooting, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Napheesa had 21 points on 8-11 shooting, plus 7 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal. I'm giving them the co-Badass award.

I give Natalie an Honorable Mention. She had a season high 12 points on 5-6 shooting plus 6 boards. ECU was overmatched, but Nat looked more assertive and better.

This team is Badass. This was the pic of the defense that I posted in the game thread. They were swarming!

o-PIRANHAS-570.jpg

Reaction Score
If would have picked Gabby but you can't go wrong with Napheesa. I picked Gabby because of that first quarter, she was flying all over the place and set the tone. Again out quiet assassin had her usual "sneaky" 20+ point game.

Reaction Score
Happy for our kids, but especially for Natalie. This game had to help her build confidence. Same for Kyla and Molly.

Happy for Nat also. I hope she builds off this game and continue to do her thing when she gets in. I can see her being a little bit more of a threat on offense down in the paint. But "good game Nat!!!!"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Happy for our kids, but especially for Natalie. This game had to help her build confidence. Same for Kyla and Molly.
Great write up by Milford as usual. Wanted to add I agree with you - the 4th quarter started out ragged with the team down 12-8 in the quarter and I think 17-10, but they got the kinks/jitters worked out, and meshed better at the end taking the 4th quarter 19-17. More than just the scoring was the effort - I hope they felt comfortable that they were not going to get yanked if they made an error, and they seemed to grow in confidence as the quarter wound down to the end.

Glad Mil acknowledged Natalie. Some of her inability to corral the basketball is because of the poor entry passes. She can't scoop it up from her knees, nor can she reel in a bullet pass. The guards need to understand what she can, and cannot, catch, and feed her an easier pass... And I would like add that against Baylor's very big and strong team, Nat had a really solid showing. She's certainly not an elite level center (like Charles, Dolson, etc), but she's solid and works VERY hard, and for that, I think fans are really coming to appreciate her for what she CAN do, not what we thought she would do...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great write up by Milford as usual. Wanted to add I agree with you - the 4th quarter started out ragged with the team down 12-8 in the quarter and I think 17-10, but they got the kinks/jitters worked out, and meshed better at the end taking the 4th quarter 19-17. More than just the scoring was the effort - I hope they felt comfortable that they were not going to get yanked if they made an error, and they seemed to grow in confidence as the quarter wound down to the end.

Glad Mil acknowledged Natalie. Some of her inability to corral the basketball is because of the poor entry passes. She can't scoop it up from her knees, nor can she reel in a bullet pass. The guards need to understand what she can, and cannot, catch, and feed her an easier pass... And I would like add that against Baylor's very big and strong team, Nat had a really solid showing. She's certainly not an elite level center (like Charles, Dolson, etc), but she's solid and works VERY hard, and for that, I think fans are really coming to appreciate her for what she CAN do, not what we thought she would do...
In terms of entry passes, yes, Crystal bounced 2 at her knees. They didn't work. The players need to be a little more precise. Stewie gave them a large margin for error last year. She used that tremendous wingspan to reach everything. Nat is not the same target as Stewie.

Reaction Score
This was a tough call tonight. The Peoples Bank POG was Napheesa. Early on, I thought that Gabby set the tone, especially on the defensive end. She was the energizer bunny and in the middle of everything. She had 16 points on 7-10 shooting, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Napheesa had 21 points on 8-11 shooting, plus 7 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal. I'm giving them the co-Badass award.

I give Natalie an Honorable Mention. She had a season high 12 points on 5-6 shooting plus 6 boards. ECU was overmatched, but Nat looked more assertive and better.

This team is Badass. This was the pic of the defense that I posted in the game thread. They were swarming!

o-PIRANHAS-570.jpg
I actually sent my kids and my husband swimming in a lake full of pirana in Ecuador. This lake was so full of fish that we were told that it was safe to swim there. The pirana will go after the easiest prey - (small fish) when they can and their food was so abundant they couldn't be bothered with us.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey, I thought I was supposed to be doing these now! :)

I would go with Pheesa tonight myself, but I can't argue with your elections.

Another badass topic for discussion: this winning streak! We are at 89 in a row again! How amazing is this??? I saw 89 in a row in the Florida State game December 2010, and now we've had the privilege of witnessing history twice.

Also badass? 136 wins out of 137 games. That is truly mind-boggling.

And remember, whatever happens this season will be followed by a great recruiting class coming in next season. Sooooooooo much to look forward to. The bad-assery will only continue.

What a dynastic program this is-bad ass!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey, I thought I was supposed to be doing these now! :)

I would go with Pheesa tonight myself, but I can't argue with your elections.

Another badass topic for discussion: this winning streak! We are at 89 in a row again! How amazing is this??? I saw 89 in a row in the Florida State game December 2010, and now we've had the privilege of witnessing history twice.

Also badass? 136 wins out of 137 games. That is truly mind-boggling.

And remember, whatever happens this season will be followed by a great recruiting class coming in next season. Sooooooooo much to look forward to. The bad-assery will only continue.

What a dynastic program this is-bad ass!!!
I thought Kib gave you the first game and me the second game. If Kib is not back next week, it's your turn. ;)

Yes, 136-1 is absolute Badassery. Saniya could be the winningest player ever. Until Megatron goes 158-0.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa and Gabby.

Honorable mention: The team.
Natalie played very good this game. She had 12 points, 6 rebounds and 1 foul.
Kyla worked so hard this game. I was glad to see her get on the scoreboard.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Brings back the olde days: Molly looked good out there. She did pass up several wide-open shots to...uhhh...pass the ball to wide-open teammates for assists. Reminded me of Debbie Fiske back in my first year of UConn fandom...Rebecca's frosh year.
She was a pass-first...pass- second...pass- third point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom