In honor of Kibitzer: Badass award for UCF game... | The Boneyard

In honor of Kibitzer: Badass award for UCF game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
At Kib's request, I am filling in Badass Award duties in his absence. So, without further ado, I have to be alittle weak and call it a three-way tie:

Katie Lou, Gabby, and Napheesa!

54 points, 18 boards, 9 assists against 8 turnovers, nine steals, 6 blocks...I mean, UCF managed 48 points as a team!

A modest 84 points today results in a tie with the UCLA men to get to 88 in a row. Now *that's* badass.

Happy 2017!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At Kib's request, I am filling in Badass Award duties in his absence. So, without further ado, I have to be alittle weak and call it a three-way tie:

54 points, 18 boards, 9 assists against 8 turnovers, nine steals, 6 blocks...I mean, UCF managed 48 points as a team!

A modest 84 points today results in a tie with the UCLA men to get to 88 in a row. Now *that's* badass.

Happy 2017!
Excellent job filling in for Kibitzer. I concur with your assessment.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In general, the play of these three was very close but if I ranked their performances for wow factor,

1) Gabby Williams for forceful intimidating defense and solid offense

2) Lou for her 3 pt spreading effect and clutch jump shooting and leading rebounding

3) Naphessa had a very nice offensive game but it seemed a little quiet.

HGN

Reaction Score
In general, the play of these three was very close but if I ranked their performances for wow factor,

1) Gabby Williams for forceful intimidating defense and solid offense

2) Lou for her 3 pt spreading effect and clutch jump shooting and leading rebounding

3) Naphessa had a very nice offensive game but it seemed a little quiet.
Naphessa's game is always quiet......Whether it's 28pts , 22 , or 12. Not showy but steady as she goes. Not a highlight reel.....just real production.

Not to diminish what the other's do , but Naphessa's Impact seems to show up more in the player stat line and in the final score. Rather than on ESPN Highlights.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Naphessa's game is always quiet.Whether it's 28pts , 22 , or 12. Not showy but steady as she goes. Not a highlight reel.....just real production.

Not to diminish what the other's do , but Naphessa's Impact seems to show up more in the player stat line and in the final score. Rather than on ESPN Highlights.
Yeah, Pheesa does things so smoothly that they are easy to miss. She took only 11 shots, but made practically ALL of them. 90% FG shooting is Badass!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I haven't followed the history of this award but it shouldn't be watered down like a star sticker. One Bad Ass only.

Vs. MaryLand it was KLS.

Reaction Score

Happy 2017!

I agree with you on these choices Alex, as all three did their damage on the court.

However my overall choice of the Badass will go to Kibs. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I wanted to honor him and this is the best way I can think of.

Reaction Score
It's always hard to choose a single bad ass in games like these. You can't go with the player who hit the big shots when we needed them, cuz let's face it, we were never in that situation in this game. I'm going with Pheesa, cuz it seemed to me while watching the game, that she always was in the right place at the right time, getting great position, and just playing sound fundamental basketball. Very impressive outing.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I'm in Detroit getting ready to see the Packers vs Lions tonight so no access to seeing the game. Quick glimpse at the box score - surprised we had as many turnovers as assists, especially after reading the score.

For anyone who saw the game, any explanation for this?

Reaction Score
Lack of focus on the part of the players. Next game East Carolina. Go Huskies! Woof!

Reaction Score
I'm in Detroit getting ready to see the Packers vs Lions tonight so no access to seeing the game. Quick glimpse at the box score - surprised we had as many turnovers as assists, especially after reading the score.

For anyone who saw the game, any explanation for this?

I dont have an explanation, but turnovers were a problem in this game. Gotta clean that up. Need better rebounding too: UCF is not that big but the rebounding stats were closer than they should be.

Reaction Score

Happy 2017!

Good Call!! Almost any game you can call 15, 24,33 alone with 11, and at times 12 and not be wrong in your selections.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I didn't realize the BA Award had become a participation trophy, pick one player and that's it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry, this was a blow out win ... the real badass for today has to go to either the Kibitzer, or to Rshermvikes!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Get better Kib. You're the badass here.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Happy 2017!

Kib thanks you Alex for filling in for him. He fulfilled his New Year resolution by getting rid of his:mad: gallbladder this morning. Surgery went well and he appears to be on the mend. Thank you for all of your prayers and get well wishes:) Mrs Kib and cheesedanish

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The first question in determining the winner of the Badass award: Ok, which player vomited during the game? :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kib thanks you Alex for filling in for him. He fulfilled his New Year resolution by getting rid of his:mad: gallbladder this morning. Surgery went well and he appears to be on the mend. Thank you for all of your prayers and get well wishes:) Mrs Kib and cheesedanish
Glad to hear that Kib is doing well. I guess we shouldn't expect any displays of gall from him. ;)

Reaction Score
Naphessa's game is always quiet.Whether it's 28pts , 22 , or 12. Not showy but steady as she goes. Not a highlight reel.....just real production.

I think Napheesa eventually could have the UConn record for highest field goal percentage because she is so efficient at scoring off misses or scraps under the basket and that type of thing. Within five feet, she's like gold and rarely misses. She has a nose for the basket, to say the least.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I couldn't be happier for your successful surgery. Although it was just a few the BY missed you. Please don't delay all recovery. I'd always thought you were overfull of gall anyway, so its removal should be preserved for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom