In his second year of head coaching, ever | The Boneyard

In his second year of head coaching, ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And only his first year he was "able" to coach in the post season.

Also 50 wins.... 25/year is impressive

(is he even 40 years old yet?)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Has a new conference ever sent a team to the Final Four in its first season?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
yeah but he did it with calhoun's recruits
- everyone who wants to see us fail

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If there were any questions about his coaching ability, this game should quiet those critics. What a great defensive game plan, against the guy known for the fabled rebounding drill and masterful defenses. This game reminded me of the '99 game plan against Elton Brand.....with similar results.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie has a 30 win season and a Final Four in his first NCAA tournament as a head coach, ever.

Where you at, freescooter?

For some of these people, this will buy KO approximately 2 years grace period.

Reaction Score
For some of these people, this will buy KO approximately 2 years grace period.
No worries. We'll be back in the final four before the end of that period, and the grace period will be extended.

Reaction Score
We're doomed. :cool:

Kevin Ollie is the 4th coach in the last 20 years to reach the Final Four within his first 2 seasons as a Division I head coach, joining VCU's Shaka Smart, Indiana's Mike Davis and North Carolina's Bill Guthridge. None of the other 3 coaches won the National Championship.

Reaction Score
Kev-in Oll-ie! The UConn fans chanted that salute to their head coach after the victory, and it was well-deserved.

Ollie has done a remarkable job taking over for Hall of Famer Jim Calhoun, guiding the Huskies through their postseason ban last season and now guiding them to a Final Four in just his second year at the helm.

The Huskies are in good hands, for a long time to come.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/97860/five-things-uconn-triumphs-at-msg

Love the lead to the story - "UConn is heading back to the Final Four for the first time since 2011." How many schools would love to have that "drought."

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Love the lead to the story - "UConn is heading back to the Final Four for the first time since 2011." How many schools would love to have that "drought."
Meanwhile, Florida hasn't been since 2007 (our third since then) and Wisconsin hasn't been since 2000 (our fourth since then).

There really has to be some media conspiracy. Imagine the hype if any other 7 seed made it to the Final Four after beating 2, 3, and 4 seeds.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Florida hasn't been since 2007 (our third since then) and Wisconsin hasn't been since 2000 (our fourth since then).

There really has to be some media conspiracy. Imagine the hype if any other 7 seed made it to the Final Four after beating 2, 3, and 4 seeds.

Maybe no one is amazed because it's UCONN. Its just what they do.

Reaction Score
I have been particularly impressed with out of bounds and out of time out plays over the season, almost nba style. Though the most noticeable difference has been a defensive intensity that seems like the team taking on the coaches persona. It's just two years and it's still not all 'his' players but the way he motivates is rare; there is no doubt in my mind he'll be a great coach.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
No matter what happens next week… recruits are taking notice… ESPN radio (not sure who) just gave UConn props for being screwed in Conference Realignment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom