In-depth article on the Irish | The Boneyard

In-depth article on the Irish

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good Analysis.

Best for last.

Would ND have a chance if it faced UConn again?

No matter what else the Irish do, it always circles back to the Huskies, doesn’t it?

And candidly, here is one frightening aspect to Connecticut outscoring Notre Dame 26-6 over the final nine minutes of that comeback win on Dec. 3 — the Huskies did so with two of their three preseason AP All-America first-team selections missing virtually all of it.

Gabby Williams sat with a migraine, while Katie Lou Samuelson aggravated a previous injury.

At a minimum, memories of that should suggest to these hard-working Irish, as they strive to improve, that they have plenty of room to do so.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Another puzzling thread on the UConn Boneyard. Do we really need to see articles on any team even if they happen to mention the Good Guys in the article?
And I did look at the article and this caught my eye "Sure, the Irish have had other less-than-pristine junctures besides those at the end of that 80-71 loss to UConn earlier this month, but they’ve been brilliant overall while carving out their 9-1 record and a No. 2 ranking in both major polls.". Just think of where we would be if it wasn't for the less-than-pristine game against MS State????

Reaction Score
Another puzzling thread on the UConn Boneyard. Do we really need to see articles on any team even if they happen to mention the Good Guys in the article?
Don't like it; don't read it. UConn is defined by its best competition. Notre Dame remains UConn's best competition. A pretty good article actually. Thanks wire chief!

Reaction Score
As a general fan of the sport I enjoy these articles. There just isn't a lot of press about the game and I enjoy reading about the Irish. They are truly the 2nd best program in the country. The Irish haven't looked as smooth the past few seasons and now they are very thin due to injury. I agree with the article if no one else gets hurt they have a great shot to be at the FF once again.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And I did look at the article and this caught my eye "Sure, the Irish have had other less-than-pristine junctures besides those at the end of that 80-71 loss to UConn earlier this month, but they’ve been brilliant overall while carving out their 9-1 record and a No. 2 ranking in both major polls.". Just think of where we would be if it wasn't for the less-than-pristine game against MS State????
Sorry, the thread was clearly labeled. I don't know why you clicked on it just to complain.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the title of the thread provided enough information for someone who would want to "bypass" this article. Serious question, would you have read it if it were not posted here?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Sorry, the thread was clearly labeled. I don't know why you clicked on it just to complain.
Okay. I did not know that the Boneyard was a board for Women's Basketball. For some reason I thought it was a board for UConn Women's Basketball but I have no idea where I got this impression from. But I will take your advice and only look at threads that are not OT and therefore "should" be about UConn Women's Basketball.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think the title of the thread provided enough information for someone who would want to "bypass" this article. Serious question, would you have read it if it were not posted here?
I did not read the whole article, just the first two paragraphs just to get an idea on how UConn was referenced

Reaction Score
Okay. I did not know that the Boneyard was a board for Women's Basketball. For some reason I thought it was a board for UConn Women's Basketball but I have no idea where I got this impression from. But I will take your advice and only look at threads that are not OT and therefore "should" be about UConn Women's Basketball.
I appreciate that you feel a bit chastened from a bunch of us ganging up on you. This isn't meant to be more piling on. Just to say that we certainly don't think of anything having to do with WCBB as OT. It's not exactly the NFL which doesn't suffer for publicity (though it sometimes suffers from publicity). Anything that helps promote interest in the game is good for the game, and good for UConn.

Are you interested only in UConn basketball and not its opponents? Do you think that there are not 5 other players on the floor also? Okay, now I am piling on. I'll stop....

Reaction Score
I read around the web and have to say that the boards that limit themselves to the home team only are without fail drab and sparsely attended little things. Even the homers who show up for cheerleading practice seem bored with them and drop off eventually.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Okay, you all have put me in my place and demonstrated to me that I am not a good sport. I will try my best to stop looking at/commenting on subjects that I may have a different opinion on.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Being a fan of WCBB in general, and UConn specifically, I'm always interested in other teams in the top 15, the AAC, and teams on our schedule. As another poster commented, ND IS our biggest rival now. They gave us our toughest game so far. We may see them again.

I also enjoy and appreciate the continuous input and comments we get from our regular visitors of other teams. They provide stories, news and insight we might not otherwise get. You guys know who you are. I always enjoy reading your comments, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I did not read the whole article, just the first two paragraphs just to get an idea on how UConn was referenced
Your loss then, because UCONN was mentioned in MANY of the other paragraphs & probably why it makes sense that the article was posted here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Okay, you all have put me in my place and demonstrated to me that I am not a good sport. I will try my best to stop looking at/commenting on subjects that I may have a different opinion on.
You're always welcome to comment, as long as your comments are civil. Just be aware that anyone that disagrees with you is also welcome to comment, with the same caveat.

The board offers a wide variety of topics, from OT tests, to folks discussing happenings in their personal lives, to UConn, UConn opponents, and beyond. You can pick and choose the threads that interest you, as can other Boneyarders. If others choose to discuss other teams, it's perfectly fine.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Very good article and well balanced. These are the type of articles that promote WCBB and that is a good thing.

Thanks for posting here. Anthony Anderson came over from the Elkhart paper to join the South Bend Tribune and we on McGraw's Bench have noticed his articles are gaining traction as the season progresses, with good insights and a decision to call the not-so-good with the good. Plus, he'll dig into areas such as Jackie Young recently breaking her nose and how that might play out (while she looked uncomfortable with the mask, she played 36 minutes against DePaul, as did Mabrey.)

We feel luck to have him covering the beat and glad wire chief posted the piece.

(BTW, I read UConn's beat reporters all the time...along the Boneyard, one of the best ways to keep up on all things Husky.) ;) :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom