In Choosing Shabazz Napier, the AAC Coaches Got It Right … Notes, Quotes and Thoughts from the Leagu | The Boneyard

In Choosing Shabazz Napier, the AAC Coaches Got It Right … Notes, Quotes and Thoughts from the Leagu

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cronin gets coach of the year over Larry brown and still has something to bltch about.

Reaction Score
Kilpatrick won the sportsmanship award, yet complained that the coaches made a mistake when choosing POY.

Did not like that quote from him.
I understand him being disappointed, however, he could have been a little more gracious.

Reaction Score
Kilpatrick won the sportsmanship award, yet complained that the coaches made a mistake when choosing POY.

I like how Bazz claims that he is not interested in individual awards. Obviously, Kilpatrick does not feel the same way.

Reaction Score
Did not like that quote from him.
I understand him being disappointed, however, he could have been a little more gracious.

Bazz said he was not interested in individual awards when he already knew he was the winner lol.

Kilpatrick said he was disappointed and will use it as motivation. What is egregious about that? It was also mentioned that he never brought up the player of the year "snub" during his sportsmanship award speech. Seems to me like he was very classy in how he handled everything.......

Is there a quote I am missing?

Reaction Score
Bazz said he was not interested in individual awards when he already knew he was the winner lol.

Kilpatrick said he was disappointed and will use it as motivation. What is egregious about that? It was also mentioned that he never brought up the player of the year "snub" during his sportsmanship award speech. Seems to me like he was very classy in how he handled everything..

"It's going to be 20 times harder for other teams now."

Because you lost an individual award? How about focusing on your team and the post season.

Reaction Score
UConn would not have done this well without Shabazz. Cinci would not have done this well without Kilpatrick. Louisville is not really a conference member, thus Russ Smith was not a possibility. Cinci's new AD has expressed his dismay with the conference. UConn's AD has not expressed his dismay with this conference. Thus, the winner of the POY is.....

Reaction Score
Laws of TV ratings require a Bazz vs Kilpatrick semis showdown right?

DOOMED
BAD MOJO

Reaction Score
I just think that Kilpatrick could have handled it wayyyy worse so it didn't bother me. I also didn't mean to quote you, I meant to quote Rico, and I think I may have been subconsciously disgusted with him b/c of his stomach churning Jonah Hill avatar.

Reaction Score
Eh, who cares? He felt snubbed and is using it as motivation. Big deal.

Does anyone remember Kevin Freeman after the all Big East teams were announced in 1999? Used that snub as motivation and used that all the way to the BET championship and a National Championship.

Reaction Score
UConn would not have done this well without Shabazz. Cinci would not have done this well without Kilpatrick. Louisville is not really a conference member, thus Russ Smith was not a possibility. Cinci's new AD has expressed his dismay with the conference. UConn's AD has not expressed his dismay with this conference. Thus, the winner of the POY is.....
Not all that impressed with Smith this year. Maybe because we are one of the few (maybe the only) team(s) where the matchup at PG is a wash. Harrell is a far more impressive player.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Kilpatrick said he was disappointed and will use it as motivation. What is egregious about that? It was also mentioned that he never brought up the player of the year "snub" during his sportsmanship award speech. Seems to me like he was very classy in how he handled everything..

He said there's a lot of things the coaches got wrong when asked if he was disappointed about missing out on POY. I'm confused, though, because Cincinnati won most of the awards (defensive POY, COY, Sportsmanship award), so is he saying they were undeserved? Or maybe he thinks his team should've won every award.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Sean Kilpatrick: A lot of things didn't go way thef should've gone

The above is a direct quote from Borges, typo and all. It was in response to a question about the POY vote. The video is on his blog if you want to further explore the context.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rico444 said:

I thought TSam was a shoo-in for that award.

Reaction Score
Eh, who cares? He felt snubbed and is using it as motivation. Big deal.

Does anyone remember Kevin Freeman after the all Big East teams were announced in 1999? Used that snub as motivation and used that all the way to the BET championship and a National Championship.

I understand using it as motivation, but let your game do the talking. I still think he could have been classier. If he wins most outstanding player of the AAC tourney, then reveal the motivation. I believe that's the way KFree did it.

Reaction Score
I just think that Kilpatrick could have handled it wayyyy worse so it didn't bother me. I also didn't mean to quote you, I meant to quote Rico, and I think I may have been subconsciously disgusted with him b/c of his stomach churning Jonah Hill avatar.

That's an awful double-chin beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32