In 2 days it will be the last recruiting weekend, who is visiting? | The Boneyard

In 2 days it will be the last recruiting weekend, who is visiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rivals and Scout have no one listed, and I have not read anything about anyone for this weekend. I have to assume someone is visiting. I would find it very odd, if there was not a single recruit.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
You hear that Iowa and PSU? NO ONE is visiting this weekend!...

Reaction Score
No recruits visiting UConn. I hear that they're not even calling anyone anymore and next year will be back to combing the intramural soccer teams looking for players that can move their feet.

Reaction Score
well, if true, that's not good... Guess we already quit for this year's class... We're in on a ton of top tier '13 recruits I noticed.. But it's been like that every year... Then, slowly, but surely, they all commit to the other BCS schools... (womp womp wommmmp )

Reaction Score
well, if true, that's not good... Guess we already quit for this year's class... We're in on a ton of top tier '13 recruits I noticed.. But it's been like that every year... Then, slowly, but surely, they all commit to the other BCS schools... (womp womp wommmmp )

Are you kidding?? We were NOT in on top tier recruits under Edsall. If we were, it was due to being in a special circumstance (i.e. - Dan Orlovsky). Pasqualoni is changing that THIS year! He has made offers on more top tier recruits than we could ever have dreamed about Edsall doing. He is continuing that trend with the '13s already. It doesn't mean you're going to get them, in fact it will be more challenging than before because so many schools are after them. The fact that we are in the final two or three choices with some of better recruits is a good start and how you change the perception of your program with future recruits as well!

Reaction Score
Are you kidding?? We were NOT in on top tier recruits under Edsall. If we were, it was due to being in a special circumstance (i.e. - Dan Orlovsky). Pasqualoni is changing that THIS year! He has made offers on more top tier recruits than we could ever have dreamed about Edsall doing. He is continuing that trend with the '13s already. It doesn't mean you're going to get them, in fact it will be more challenging than before because so many schools are after them. The fact that we are in the final two or three choices with some of better recruits is a good start and how you change the perception of your program with future recruits as well!

I'm pretty sure that the next real focus for the short remainder of 2012, and on into 2013 in scouting for recruits will come from combing over the northeast and east coast, florida and texas high school swimming and diving programs. Those guys have some real spring in their bodies, and endurance and strength. If I get wind of any student athletes, be sure to write their names up here. Make sure EVERYBODY knows who they are.

Reaction Score
Folks put way too much credence on what they read on these boards and the recruiting sites. UCONN entered the Big East in 2004 and about 3-4 seasons in we were as athletic as any team in the conference not named West Virginia and, possibly, Pitt. Read all you want into the stars, rankings, etc., but if you are watching the play on the field UCONN has progressed just fine with talent. Oddly, two of the lowest rated programs over the years regarding their recruiting have been some of the most successful in terms of conference performance - UCONN and Cincy.

I do realize that our recruiting needs to improve and that we need to get more competitive with some of the more hightly touted recruits. I see progress and my sense is that Coach P and his staff are diligent in their approach to recruiting.

Congratule Ruty on all the stars they accumulate in February. I'll take the conference championships thank you....and if you watched our game with them this season ask yourself one simple question. Which program dominated the line of scrimmage decisively?

Reaction Score
If UConn adds Shortell at TE, which is expected, then the class will be at 21. The publicized info is that UConn is waiting for the decision of Kinsey, Schwan, Morgan. I think Vinci is in limbo. I think the Vinci decision is based on the decisions of Kinsey and Schwan. If Uconn gets a commit from either of those 2 at DE then Vinci may not have a spot. Personally, I wouldn't mind having Vinci take a shot at FB.

AJ Liddell is a mystery now. No apparent visit to either UConn or Vandy, but those are the 2 schools at the top of his list. I am sure that Don Brown is also continuing to work on a kid or two in Florida who may commit without a visit if there is a spot open. It would be nice to end the recruiting year with one surprise.

A recruiting class of 22-23 kids on top of the transfers (McNeal, Phillips, Mateas, and Donahue) is a decent size class. UConn rarely got transfers under Edsall, so getting 4 in one year reduces the overall size of the recruiting class. There is also the Bockeloh kid from Houston who I suspect is also on scholarship so that adds another to the mix

Reaction Score
Since when did AJ Liddell love for ECU disappear.. I distinctly read a rivals article ( dated 1/13/12.. nothing more current ) where he's practically gushing over ECU's offense and how well he'd fit in and that they were the frontrunners and UCONN's plan B... Somebody point out where he's truly saying Vandy or UCONN?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Since when did AJ Liddell love for ECU disappear.. I distinctly read a rivals article ( dated 1/13/12.. nothing more current ) where he's practically gushing over ECU's offense and how well he'd fit in and that they were the frontrunners and UCONN's plan B... Somebody point out where he's truly saying Vandy or UCONN?
he posted it on his twitter the other day something like "i'm down to uconn and vandy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom