Improving the GameDay Atmosphere: MORE UCMB PLEASE!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Improving the GameDay Atmosphere: MORE UCMB PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spot on. The band leads the cheers for the stadium and adds to the atmosphere of college games. We need more of our band, not less. I can't stand the PC Richard whistles, Subway ads, Kiss Cams, Dance Cams, Coach D's Playlist, barking dogs and the muzak that is continuously pumped over our stadium PA. We have a great band and they should be a larger part of gamedays. It makes me mad too that there are only about 5K in their seats when the band plays their pre-game and halftime shows. The band is there all day heat, rain, snow or cold and they do an excellent job of trying to get the fans engaged. Would love to get rid of all of the minor league promotions, t-shirt contests, and muzak and figure out a way to get the band more involved.

Not to mention, until 2004 we had thick 100% wool uniforms that we had to wear regardless of temperature. Sure it was great in the late November games, but the first 2-3 games of the years were brutal. Didn't stop us from cheering til we were all voiceless. I see at other schools that the band is fully engaged with and by the entire stadium and it makes me jealous that we've been trying for 11 years now and just no one seems to give a damn about them.

I definitely want to see the band utilized more, not just at games, but on campus too. Use them for pep rallies each Friday before a game. Let them play more during TO's, reviews, enf of quarters and such. The UCMB is (and I may be a homer here) one of the best bands arounds and deserves to be shown off and respected.

Reaction Score
Spot on. The band leads the cheers for the stadium and adds to the atmosphere of college games. We need more of our band, not less. I can't stand the PC Richard whistles, Subway ads, Kiss Cams, Dance Cams, Coach D's Playlist, barking dogs and the muzak that is continuously pumped over our stadium PA. We have a great band and they should be a larger part of gamedays. It makes me mad too that there are only about 5K in their seats when the band plays their pre-game and halftime shows. The band is there all day heat, rain, snow or cold and they do an excellent job of trying to get the fans engaged. Would love to get rid of all of the minor league promotions, t-shirt contests, and muzak and figure out a way to get the band more involved.

Nothing would improve the in-game experience more than getting rid of that crap. But then they'd lose the revenue those annoyances bring in. Basketball games are much the same. Great intensity in the game, media timeout, and the band has to sit on its hands so we can watch some mindless promo. All the energy comes out of the place.

The band is great, a top notch sounding group that has become an unfortunate afterthought at the corporate dollar-fest these games have become.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not to mention, until 2004 we had thick 100% wool uniforms that we had to wear regardless of temperature. Sure it was great in the late November games, but the first 2-3 games of the years were brutal. Didn't stop us from cheering til we were all voiceless. I see at other schools that the band is fully engaged with and by the entire stadium and it makes me jealous that we've been trying for 11 years now and just no one seems to give a damn about them.

I definitely want to see the band utilized more, not just at games, but on campus too. Use them for pep rallies each Friday before a game. Let them play more during TO's, reviews, enf of quarters and such. The UCMB is (and I may be a homer here) one of the best bands arounds and deserves to be shown off and respected.

I felt really bad for the band wearing those uniforms in that heat on Saturday. But there they were, dancing around and having a good time. Their enthusiasm should be contagious throughout our stadium and celebrated more.

Reaction Score
I felt really bad for the band wearing those uniforms in that heat on Saturday. But there they were, dancing around and having a good time. Their enthusiasm should be contagious throughout our stadium and celebrated more.

I'm not sure if it still holds true, but when I was there, we were allowed to at least take off our jacket. We had UCMB t-shirts that we were required to wear underneath which was considered part of the uniform. It was a small relief. All I know is it could be raining or snowing 100 degrees and humid and the UCMB will be there dancing, singing, smiling and generally having the best time of their lives because they are there doing something they love, watching something they love.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it still holds true, but when I was there, we were allowed to at least take off our jacket. We had UCMB t-shirts that we were required to wear underneath which was considered part of the uniform. It was a small relief. All I know is it could be raining or snowing 100 degrees and humid and the UCMB will be there dancing, singing, smiling and generally having the best time of their lives because they are there doing something they love, watching something they love.
The jackets came off. Blue T-shirts underneath.

Reaction Score
BTW what happened to the blue covering the fence surrounding the upper decks, I thought it dressed the place up somewhat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm all for more use of all or part of the fight song. It's a well know song that screams UConn.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
BTW what happened to the blue covering the fence surrounding the upper decks, I thought it dressed the place up somewhat.
Agree... Just noticed that this week actually. Always thought that was a nice addition to make the stadium look more "complete"

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It's too bad that the band has really become such an afterthought, but the reality is that ads aren't going to go away... Also, I really wish the band played different music instead of the same 4 songs during the game. I was watching football on Friday night (actually the BC/Pitt game) and their band was playing like Top 40 songs. Sounded really cool.

Reaction Score
I too would be glad to involve the band in more cheering activities. And, yes, the band is terrific and probably not sufficiently appreciated.

Whatever happens, the dog growling is a definite loser. Sat on the shade side yesterday and could not stand the growl. Far worse than on the sun side. Its unbearable.

Many fans in my section put their hands to their ears.

Tell Warde.
Agreed, it was painful over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member