Improved receiving corps key to UConn football’s recent offensive success (The UConn Blog) | The Boneyard

Improved receiving corps key to UConn football’s recent offensive success (The UConn Blog)

Reaction Score
Receivers getting open is essential to turning the receivers around. Roberson is getting more comfortable and making the passes when they’re there. They’re close to really going off imo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
WR was another position where the coaching staff completely FUBAR'd the depth chart coming out of camp.

Players who can produce are finally rising to the top of the depth chart and statistics.

Reaction Score
YTD Stats/GameLogs here:

1697329224108.png

Reaction Score
Buckman and Porter have proven to be good productive transfer portal additions. Burns, the only transfer WR with multiple 500 yd receiving seasons under his belt, has been essentially a non factor.
I've noticed the frequency of dropped passes has gone down significantly over the last 2 games; I can't recall seeing one vs Rice, and maybe only a couple vs Utah St. Our WR room is not nearly as bad as it looked only a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
They raved about Drawdy in training camp but he hasn't seen the field. What's the deal?

Reaction Score
Buckman and Porter have proven to be good productive transfer portal additions. Burns, the only transfer WR with multiple 500 yd receiving seasons under his belt, has been essentially a non factor.
I've noticed the frequency of dropped passes has gone down significantly over the last 2 games; I can't recall seeing one vs Rice, and maybe only a couple vs Utah St. Our WR room is not nearly as bad as it looked only a few weeks ago.
Porter averages 16 yards per game on 1.7 receptions per game.

He too is a non-factor. Unfortunately.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Based off what I've heard from the game audio feeds, I wonder how much differently the games could have changed had the dropped/incomplete passes not been as prevalent. Maybe the play calls stay conservative, but several more catches here and there may have led to drive progression and perhaps a score.

Reaction Score
Porter averages 16 yards per game on 1.7 receptions per game.

He too is a non-factor. Unfortunately.
He's 4th on the team in receptions, receiving yards, and tied for most TD catches. WR4 is about what I expected coming into the season. Did you expect him to be one of our 2 best WRs? Outside of the Duke and FIU games where he definitely was a non factor, he's been serviceable.
Porter's numbers also don't look as bad when you consider our leading receiver only avgs 48 yds and 3.8 catches per game.

Reaction Score
He's 4th on the team in receptions, receiving yards, and tied for most TD catches. WR4 is about what I expected coming into the season. Did you expect him to be one of our 2 best WRs? Outside of the Duke and FIU games where he definitely was a non factor, he's been serviceable.
Porter's numbers also don't look as bad when you consider our leading receiver only avgs 48 yds and 3.8 catches per game.
All passing stats suck but they are trending in right direction so hopefully his numbers get better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom