Improved D | The Boneyard

Improved D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The last few games our defense has been getting better and better. Our 3 point defense was atrocious tonight. But other than that their rotations have been improved and their just playing with more defensive energy

Reaction Score
Uconn is one of the best defensive teams in the country , the problem is getting baskets .
Yes our offense has been putrid. It seems not having DHAM on his game because of AB is having more of an affect than not having the big fella on D. Weird. Just get the ball to SM inside as good things normally happen.

Reaction Score
Uconn is one of the best defensive teams in the country , the problem is getting baskets .
Early in the year our perimeter D and our defensive rotations left much to be desired. If you didn't see that then idk what to tell you. KO himself has recognized said improvements in recent games

Reaction Score
D won it for us again. We were always decent but these last few games they have been outstanding.

Reaction Score
UMass-Lowell shot 50% from the floor against us. In the nine games since then, we've held the opposition under 40% eight times. The one opponent to shoot over 40% was @Tulane - and they shot 40.4% from the floor.

In the next match-up we held them to 25% shooting from the field.

Our defense is national championship caliber. Now let's get the offense back on track.

Reaction Score
Yes our offense has been putrid. It seems not having DHAM on his game because of AB is having more of an affect than not having the big fella on D. Weird. Just get the ball to SM inside as good things normally happen.

There is nothing today which you saw that would make you believe AB is the reason he can't make a shot. He is getting OPEN looks, the fact he is not making them is not AB let's cut it out. It's pure mind games now, he is afraid to shoot, short on everything and is just in a major slump. He's playing well everywhere else for the most part but he's putrid shooting the ball.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that UConn can play with any team in the country because of how well they play defensively. Im a little surprised they have played so well on D with Brimah out. You have to figure that our defense will only get better when he finally gets back.

Reaction Score
Yes UCONN D is championship caliber NOW. It was not earlier in the season. And until recently it was just decent. It seems as tho things reversed. Earlier in the year our offense was fine and our D needed work. Now we looked lost in offense sometimes but our D is excelling. Weird..haha

Reaction Score
There is nothing today which you saw that would make you believe AB is the reason he can't make a shot. He is getting OPEN looks, the fact he is not making them is not AB let's cut it out. It's pure mind games now, he is afraid to shoot, short on everything and is just in a major slump. He's playing well everywhere else for the most part but he's putrid shooting the ball.
Ok maybe not a direct correlation but definitely on offense has been worst since AB got injured. Might just be pure coincidence. Either way we need to run the offense through SM and not DHAM most of the time. SM is a special player and should touch the ball every possession if possible.

caw

Reaction Score
Good defense, good FT shooting team. Offense has pieces to be good but it's not clicking.

Reaction Score
Amazing how often Hamilton is short with his shot. Has to be a confidence thing now. He didn't let it lower the rest of his play. Keep fighting.

Reaction Score
The drastic improvement on D in such a short period is impressive. I've criticized Ollie and the staff a lot this year, but they deserve credit for that.

Now if they can figure out how to get the offense going, we may have something here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes UCONN D is championship caliber NOW. It was not earlier in the season. And until recently it was just decent. It seems as tho things reversed. Earlier in the year our offense was fine and our D needed work. Now we looked lost in offense sometimes but our D is excelling. Weird..haha

It's been damn good for 9 games or so. That's half the season so far.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Hamilton's front rims a lot but I think he has having trouble getting the ball into proper shooting position in his hand, especially on drives. He isn't getting the arc he should hence he front rims.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Our KP def rank was 29 when Amida went down and is now 10. The rest of the team has really stepped up in his absence. @RichZ ;)

Reaction Score
Ok maybe not a direct correlation but definitely on offense has been worst since AB got injured. Might just be pure coincidence. Either way we need to run the offense through SM and not DHAM most of the time. SM is a special player and should touch the ball every possession if possible.

Hey I hope if for nothing more than pure coincidence DHam starts making shots when AB comes back. Hell he has to eventually the kids a better shooter and scorer than we are seeing no doubt.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
LOVED that the defense held Georgetown scoreless for final 4:32, when it was 60-62. Very OBE, and a joy to watch.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I will agree that the defense - at certain times - has improved. I especially like the fact that they have shown the ability to clamp down late in the game (except vs Temple)
But as I indicated in the chatroom today and was chastised by someone who probably still shaking his head, UConn was fairly lucky that Gtown missed so many uncontested 3s today.
Again, they have improved some aspects of their defense but this is by no means a typically good UConn defensive team. Yet.

Reaction Score
I will agree that the defense - at certain times - has improved. I especially like the fact that they have shown the ability to clamp down late in the game (except vs Temple)
But as I indicated in the chatroom today and was chastised by someone who probably still shaking his head, UConn was fairly lucky that Gtown missed so many uncontested 3s today.
Again, they have improved some aspects of their defense but this is by no means a typically good UConn defensive team. Yet.

Teams will alway get open 3's no matter how good of D you play so that's not a bg deal. You always need to hope they miss some. Key was our guys also did a good job contesting the 3 any time they made a couple in a row. The defense did what they had to do based on situation and I thought it was great stopping the 3 when guys like Rivera, Peak or Cameron made a couple. The things is if teams can drive and kick out they will get open looks, heck we missed many too for that matter.

Reaction Score
He made a couple 3's but when a mid range shot goes up it's no dice. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom