Impact on yesterday’s game going further | The Boneyard

Impact on yesterday’s game going further

Reaction Score
Fudd was at the game to sitting next to Paige .. the 2 were sitting further away from Brunelle and company per the Notre Dame hord on the muffet message board. Arike is classless .. call it like u see it!!! Stop crying and play the game.. rattle the Irish and u have a shot. If UCONN can stay healthy I believe they can win it all.. there last test will be at Baylor.. there bigs will cause them issues but our guard play and quickness will win out. If they can knock off Baylor in waco I think they run the table. UCONN is only going to get better.. Williams didn’t just play like the best freshmen in the country .. she played like one of the best players in the country.. a maya moore freshmen impact. I think in the end of it all I believe we land Paige .. at least she’s making her rounds through the recruiting process to take in everything. I’m sure Brunelle is thinking man if only I got offered by Geno and company and didn’t have to result to my second choice and what’s up with the introductions to UCONN as referring them to “Kentucky”... just a total classless moment. I really dislike Notre Dame more then ever. Why anyone would want to go there is beyond me.. A privilege program who takes absolutely no ownership for there classless behavior!!!! I hope we meet them in the final four and send them home with a smack of reality and a long off season to wine about!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And what’s up with the introductions to UCONN as referring them to “Kentucky”... just a total classless moment.[/QUOTE]

Can you speak of this? What do you mean?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I DVRed the complete game and there were no UConn introductions. Someone in the chat room suggested that they probably were not introduced, which I would find odd. But I have not been to a game in quite some time, so maybe it is the norm where only the home team is introduced. So how did you hear the Kentucky part?

Reaction Score
I DVRed the complete game and there were no UConn introductions. Someone in the chat room suggested that they probably were not introduced, which I would find odd. But I have not been to a game in quite some time, so maybe it is the norm where only the home team is introduced. So how did you hear the Kentucky part?

Visiting team is always introduced first, UConn's intros were most likely over by the time ESPN started their broadcast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
1543852753455.png

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Visiting team is always introduced first, UConn's intros were most likely over by the time ESPN started their broadcast.
True and sometimes they alternate the teams, which I believe is done traditionally in tournament games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
True and sometimes they alternate the teams, which I believe is done traditionally in tournament games.
In tournament play, the higher seed is always the home team.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
In tournament play, the higher seed is always the home team.
What I was trying to say is that in tournament games, they would introduce a UConn player, she would go to center court and then a ND player would be introduced, go to center court, "shake or slap hands", and then both players would go to their respective ends of the court.
But again, maybe they don't do this anymore. I will be going to the game replay site to check it out, I guess.

Reaction Score
I'm probably going to take some heat from the UCONN community, but as good as CW was in her 1st big game, it was just one game (albeit, a huge game). CW will no doubt become a superstar for UCONN, but now she has a target on her jersey. She will now get the attention of the opposing team's defensive schemes. I recognize this just means that all UCONN players are dangerous, but, CW may have an off game going forward, and the kid may actually have some freshman moments. I watched the Baylor game, and, MSU game yesterday, and they have some guards that play very good on ball defense. Looking forward to seeing the UCONN vs Baylor game, as well as the UO vs MSU game. Great tests for all 4 of these teams.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm probably going to take some heat from the UCONN community, but as good as CW was in her 1st big game, it was just one game (albeit, a huge game). CW will no doubt become a superstar for UCONN, but now she has a target on her jersey. She will now get the attention of the opposing team's defensive schemes. I recognize this just means that all UCONN players are dangerous, but, CW may have an off game going forward, and the kid may actually have some freshman moments. I watched the Baylor game, and, MSU game yesterday, and they have some guards that play very good on ball defense. Looking forward to seeing the UCONN vs Baylor game, as well as the UO vs MSU game. Great tests for all 4 of these teams.
I would expect Christyn to have some shaky moments in future games for the simple fact she's still a freshman. Probably the worst of it will hit in January-February, when most freshmen hit the wall as they start playing a lot more games than they ever played in high school.

Regarding defenses targeting her - who will they slack off of to keep a spy on her? Megan? She has the tools to make opponents pay, as she has done early in this season. Crystal? Bad decision - Crystal has developed a lot more offensive tools and that pull up j is a thing of beauty. Certainly not Lou or Napheesa. So goes the opponents' conundrum - who on UConn's starting 5 do you feel comfortable giving more space so you can cover Christyn?

Ah, it's good to be a UConn fan.

Reaction Score

All the better for the team. If teams now feel they need to pay more attention to CW, then that free's up time and space for someone else. It's a pick your poison type of situation that benefits the team.

Reaction Score
I hope that Paige and Fudd could see the difference between the teams. One who from the wrong introductions to crying baby Mabery to un-sport like and Dangerous behavior by AO to the reverting to one on one play instead of team play in comparison to a team that is cool under pressure with different players contributing with Freshmen who play a pivotal role in a win with a bench that is all supportive of te team on the floor.

Reaction Score
I would expect Christyn to have some shaky moments in future games for the simple fact she's still a freshman. Probably the worst of it will hit in January-February, when most freshmen hit the wall as they start playing a lot more games than they ever played in high school.

Regarding defenses targeting her - who will they slack off of to keep a spy on her? Megan? She has the tools to make opponents pay, as she has done early in this season. Crystal? Bad decision - Crystal has developed a lot more offensive tools and that pull up j is a thing of beauty. Certainly not Lou or Napheesa. So goes the opponents' conundrum - who on UConn's starting 5 do you feel comfortable giving more space so you can cover Christyn?

Ah, it's good to be a UConn fan.
I really do believe we have in her a Maya Moore level player. Only different. Everyone has funky games. Even Maya. As long as said game comes against Cincinnati, we'll be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom