IMHO What Changed the 2nd Half. | The Boneyard

IMHO What Changed the 2nd Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Nope. Here's the definitive "what happened" explanation. Mini chick, in a state of confusion, was cheering for BYU. FINALLY at the end of the first half, I convinced her to cheer for UConn. (She was fixated on the colors of the uniforms and the men wore the dark ones on Friday, so she kept thinking that the BYU players were the "good guys" and kept cheering for the "black team." Yeah, I know their uniforms were dark blue. Mini chick thought they were black.) Anyway, once she started cheering for the "white team," we finally managed to make some shots.

True story.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, who was coming off a triple-double in UConn's second-round victory over Saint Joseph's, had another big game with 19 points, 13 rebounds and 4 assists."

Kaleena may be working her way quietly towards a tournament MVP - we shall see

"Coach said at halftime that he just wanted us to keep our heads in the game. A lot of us were probably frustrated -- I know I was -- because shots weren't falling. We had to go out and play the second half like nothing bad had happened in the first half."

Smart guy that coach. We should hire him.....wait...

Reaction Score
To me what changed in the 2nd half is that we started making shots and decide to take charge of the game.

Reaction Score
The one thing that sets this UConn team apart from every other team in college, and even most past UConn teams is their defense. Every Team will have games where the shots don't fall, but defense can always be there. Where Stef, Stewie, Kiah, are most important is by their ability to defend the back line. The guards are able to take chances for steals, and pressure opponents, knowing they have Stef, Stewie, and Kiah back there. Its not just the blocks, but how many other shots are altered, or hurried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom