IMG | The Boneyard

IMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll begin with the fact that we live in the 3rd smallest state in the union and the southern half (where the most people live) can't get WTIC on the radio.
Here in Fairfield County with over 1 million people, it's static at best. I'm sure the wonderful people of Bolton & East Granby get it fine.
But let's not try to get an affiliate where the majority of the population is!

Reaction Score
Download tunein.com, then search for UCONN. I listened to the first half of the Temple game in Key West thanks to this free app. With the score 7-3, and thinking that we had been a better second half team, I stopped listening as our cruise ship left port. I didn't know we'd lost until I got back to Florida on Wednesday. Ouch.

Tunein.com still doesn't help when I'm in the car and want to listen to the coach's show or the pre-game show, but it's a start. The lack of a radio network has been my complaint to the current and former AD. Both said they agree, but broadcast radio coverage in Fairfield and shoreline New Haven county does suck.

Reaction Score
I'll begin with the fact that we live in the 3rd smallest state in the union and the southern half (where the most people live) can't get WTIC on the radio.
Here in Fairfield County with over 1 million people, it's static at best. I'm sure the wonderful people of Bolton & East Granby get it fine.
But let's not try to get an affiliate where the majority of the population is!
The local stations in FF County have to want it on the air. They have to believe it will generate more positive revenue for them then whatever pre-recorded drivel they play on Saturdays. I'm not sure that the stations in Bridgeport want to carry Uconn football. The rest of the nearby stations are all out of NYC and Long Island. You can't force a station to take the broadcast. Maybe you pay them to take it but that would be Uconn's call not IMG.

Reaction Score
WELI carries the games/pre-game/post-game/coaches show out of Hamden (if there are no conflicts with Yankees games). Over-the-air only, not streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom