IMG radio network problems | The Boneyard

IMG radio network problems

Reaction Score
UConn's IMG network station in Groton, WXLM, 980 on the AM dial, has a problem with what seems to be pre timed commercials. During both the pregame show and during the game, commercials will start playing on the station, thus interrupting either the pregame show interviews or the game action. This happened again today during the Memphis game, and has happened during other games (both men and women's games) that either my wife or I have listened to. To have it happen repeatedly over a number of games is a really annoying experience. Either this problem needs to be corrected by the station, or the UConn IMG broadcast network needs a new affiliate in southeastern Connecticut.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it’s pretty bleak they cant pay someone or find an intern to run the board.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I had to listen to the first half of the Temple game on the way home from Bradley the other night and the quality was awful. Same story listening to the women’s game doing errands in Manchester/Vernon on Saturday. Like really really bad quality.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn's IMG network station in Groton, WXLM, 980 on the AM dial, has a problem with what seems to be pre timed commercials. During both the pregame show and during the game, commercials will start playing on the station, thus interrupting either the pregame show interviews or the game action. This happened again today during the Memphis game, and has happened during other games (both men and women's games) that either my wife or I have listened to. To have it happen repeatedly over a number of games is a really annoying experience. Either this problem needs to be corrected by the station, or the UConn IMG broadcast network needs a new affiliate in southeastern Connecticut.

Good thing they aren't doing UConn baseball or soccer, right?
I hear you - you are not the 1st to complain about it but it does seem to fall on deaf ears
People complained about Joe D and TIC but I miss him

Reaction Score
Good thing they aren't doing UConn baseball or soccer, right?
I hear you - you are not the 1st to complain about it but it does seem to fall on deaf ears
People complained about Joe D and TIC but I miss him

I live in Norwich, and we can get WXLM-AM very well during the day, and not at all during the night. It is very much a problem for my wife, who wants to listen to the games on the radio while she is either working or doing things in the kitchen. I don't know if this problem exists on any other of the network stations. I don't think we have ever had this problem with WILI when driving around the Willimantic area.

Who knows what is going to happen to WHUS men's soccer coverage if and when John Tuite stops doing the games. Same thing for baseball if Chris Jones and his baseball coverage if he ever leaves UConn. Of course, Alex Giner stopped doing men's ice hockey for WHUS, and the ice hockey game coverage has virtually disappeared from that station.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom