Imani Stafford commits to Texas | The Boneyard

Imani Stafford commits to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that's the first big time recruit Gail has landed in quite a while, no? good for her and Texas. i've always liked Gail. and USC has enough talent now.

well that about does it for the top 20 kids in 2012, right? they've pretty much all committed? i know the top 10 all have. Stafford was the last one...

as a side note, and i'd never want to squash a kids dreams but...on stepping out of her comfort zone and challenging herself... "I can't stop. I don't think it's ever going to be enough," Stafford said. "NCAA titles, Player of Year, USA Basketball teams, the Olympics, I want it all. It's a competitive spirit."

no offense to Ms. Stafford, but making the sweet 16 will be an accomplishment for her at Texas. in the past 3 years, the only player rated 95 by ESPN was Tiff Moore from 2010. they aren't exactly lighting the recruting world on fire. unless Gail starts pullilng in more top 1o, or even top 20 talent, she won't be winning any NC's, never mind making it past the sweet 16...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Get for Texas. I'm surprised since she chose Texas she didn't give more consideration to Tenn as they have a need for post players next year. Most thought she would stay out west.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
that's the first big time recruit Gail has landed in quite a while, no? good for her and Texas. i've always liked Gail. and USC has enough talent now.

well that about does it for the top 20 kids in 2012, right? they've pretty much all committed? i know the top 10 all have. Stafford was the last one...

as a side note, and i'd never want to squash a kids dreams but...on stepping out of her comfort zone and challenging herself... "I can't stop. I don't think it's ever going to be enough," Stafford said. "NCAA titles, Player of Year, USA Basketball teams, the Olympics, I want it all. It's a competitive spirit."

no offense to Ms. Stafford, but making the sweet 16 will be an accomplishment for her at Texas. in the past 3 years, the only player rated 95 by ESPN was Tiff Moore from 2010. they aren't exactly lighting the recruting world on fire. unless Gail starts pullilng in more top 1o, or even top 20 talent, she won't be winning any NC's, never mind making it past the sweet 16...
Cassie Peoples was a McD's AA (and Chassidy Fussell has played well beyond her high school ranking, or lack thereof), but this is by far the biggest recruiting win for GG since Cokie Reed committed in the class of 2009.

GG's contract is up this year. Last year was a bit of a mulligan because Reed was injured, among others, and the team was just not ready for prime time. However, this year is a must. Yes, GG inherited a bare cupboard post-Jody, but you expect results after five years from a coach making seven figures.

Whatever happens for Stafford from a basketball standpoint, she will spend four years in the greatest college town in the United States with wonderful facilities and terrific academic opportunities. Texas is simply never a bad choice for a young person looking for a positive undergraduate experience. Hopefully, she'll have a good basketball experience as well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I am surprised :eek:

I was one the ones that was sure she was headed to USC.

Just shows, you never know how a recruit is leaning.

Good luck to her and to GG. Very nice pick up for the Longhorns.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
GG's contract is up this year. Last year was a bit of a mulligan because Reed was injured, among others, and the team was just not ready for prime time. However, this year is a must. Yes, GG inherited a bare cupboard post-Jody, but you expect results after five years from a coach making seven figures.

Yes, I was wondering if Stafford would arrive in time to save GG's job.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmm I did not realize she was the daughter of of the the McGee's.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hmmm I did not realize she was the daughter of of the the McGee's.
yup, mentioned over and over again. reason why many thought she would go to USC

Reaction Score
no offense to Ms. Stafford, but making the sweet 16 will be an accomplishment for her at Texas.

I'm sure people said the same about Rebecca Lobo when she committed to UConn, Langhorne when she chose Maryland, or Adams when she picked Texas A&M.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sure people said the same about Rebecca Lobo when she committed to UConn, Langhorne when she chose Maryland, or Adams when she picked Texas A&M.
which is why i added that unless GG gets more top 10 talent, they will be lucky to make it to the sweet 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom