Imani HATES Connecticut... | The Boneyard

Imani HATES Connecticut...

Reaction Score
Sounds pretty sane:

I respect UConn. There is no way to not respect the genius behind the machine that is Geno Auriemma, however, I can still dislike them. Call me Bitter Becky.My dislike of UConn is, I’m sure, shared with most teams that lose to them in March and the teams they routinely pulverize in the American Athletic Conference.

Reaction Score
Sounds pretty sane:

I respect UConn. There is no way to not respect the genius behind the machine that is Geno Auriemma, however, I can still dislike them. Call me Bitter Becky.My dislike of UConn is, I’m sure, shared with most teams that lose to them in March and the teams they routinely pulverize in the American Athletic Conference.
Hey Imani Uconn pulverize every team we play..... Sound pretty bitter to me. She acting like it's our fault they don't wanna take us out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
My first experience with Connecticut was my junior year of high school when I took an east coast college trip with my class and we visited Yale, in New Haven, CT. This trip was taken in January and it rained the entire trip. There was sleet everywhere and it even caused our bus to have trouble.

Imagine how much more hatred, "Bitter Becky" would have been for CT if a blizzard occurred when she visited Yale! ;)

You would think she would be bitter to the people responsible for setting up this "east coast college trip"....in January!!! As a CT resident, I don't even want to be in New Haven...in January!

...not getting any better, after dropping 81-72 to the CT Sun

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wah, wah, wah....and who REALLY cares??????
I care and respect Imani's hate very much. Don't like cold weather and if I were not a fan of UCONN WBB I would feel the same way.
Does anyone know if her husband Paul DT from Texas got drafted?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What kind BY wizardry is going one here? I write U C O N N and it comes up UConn?

Reaction Score
It is OK to hate if the hate is based in competitive athletics and motivational in nature....

Of course the Longhorns didn't do much on the national scene when Amani was there... maybe she will do better as a pro

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I actually find Boyette irritating. This UConn stuff IMO, makes her look very immature.
I understand your perspective, well sort of. If your only knowledge of Imani is based on that one article that opinion would be very myopic. She is very mature, having survived some very turbulent teenage years which included abuse and suicide attempts. Her poetry and life story are inspirational to many young people in similar situations and her open letter response to Candice Wiggins damming of the WNBA was articulate, personal, and compassionate. She is a wonderful young woman, wife and inspiration to many.
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/roy-bragg/article/
Imani Boyette | Dear Candice,

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I find her self awareness refreshing. She realized her temperament and world view would not fit with UConn so she never entertained the possibility and did not waste anyone's time. Of course, when you are blitzed by UConn 2 times
by big scores, you should hate the team that did that to you.

Regarding hating the state of Connecticut, I imagine it is a benevolent hatred based on a blending of bad experiences and difficult weather. She never said anything regarding the people of Connecticut etc. The fact that she is putting this in print and using Stef as a foil shows it is at bottom a playful dislike.

The thing that interests me is that Imani is very talented and came on really strong last year. I think Stef will have a difficult time being the lead dog at the center position so I expect she will need to bring her game out towards the 3 pt line alot more.

Reaction Score
I know of what Boyette has gone through and the fact that she's conquered all that's been thrown at her, is amazing. And I wish her well. However, having followed her on twitter, this isn't an isolated incident. And I feel that as a porifessional athlete, it's very immature and quite frankly, she's comes across as a baby.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Imani comes from an outspoken family. Her mother is Pam McGee, and her brother is Javale McGee.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Every time I see her name I think of that time she got scared by Kiah Stokes and walked.... other than that I have no interest in her or her thoughts about UConn. Somebody throw that clip in this thread for us all to enjoy.

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope more players begin to hate Connecticut for some of those same reasons................Losing to The Huskies.
:):):cool::cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom