Imagine KO without Shabazz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Imagine KO without Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We went 5-23 from 3, lots of open shots. Do we expect KO to make those shots? Our bigs are the worst I've ever seen, yes AB can block, but they can't catch the ball inside or score layups, they have bad hands, they can't rebound either. So now we are stuck passing around the perimeter where the guards are faced up. Add the fact that our guards have no shooting touch, here we are.
Which is why we should have prioritized bringing skilled bigs earlier, not waiting until this recruiting cycle to put all our eggs in the Bamba basket only to most likely end up empty handed after the 2017 class comes to a close. Now we have at least another 1 or 2 years of development time needed for the young bigs we have now. Ollie's "guard's first" philosphy becomes very dangerous when those guards dont pan out or develop quickly enough, and the Hamilton debacle... I can't believe how much that set this team back, and for what?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Which is why we should have prioritized bringing skilled bigs earlier, not waiting until this recruiting cycle to put all our eggs in the Bamba basket only to most likely end up empty handed after the 2017 class comes to a close. Now we have at least another 1 or 2 years of development time needed for the young bigs we have now. Ollie's "guard's first" philosphy becomes very dangerous when those guards dont pan out or develop quickly enough, and the Hamilton debacle... I can't believe how much that set this team back, and for what?

We didn't wait. We missed out on guys like Stone, and settled for 2nd or 3rd options. And then we brought in a supposedly great one in Durham. Unfortunately, the kid shredded his knees before he got on campus. Jury's out.

It's not like they didn't try, they simply failed to get the bigs they wanted/needed.

Reaction Score
The point was, great players win Championships for great coaches. Without great players, you get no championships.

Ollie was NOT handed an empire. It seems like everyone forgets what a dumpster fire the program was when he came on board. If it wasn't for 2011, the program might have been DOA.

In terms of CBB power teams he certainly was handed an empire.
I haven't seen a job offer come up for a better team than us since?
If KO wasn't UConn blood he would be getting scraped by everyone right now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Where is KO without...

Brimah puts it up...and in!!! And a foul!!!!

Or how about: Burrell goes long to Tate who fires up at the buzzer?????

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's actually a pretty simple comment that requires zero dissection. Great players win championships. Without them, it doesn't happen. JC probably wouldn't have won a single championship without those guys. So yeah, it matters. He might be the guy who couldn't win it (like he was prior to 99). A decent coach who couldn't get it done.

And Ollie was never going to be JC. A coach like that doesn't exist right now (outside of K).

Why did you feel you had to spell it out???????
Keep them in the dark

Reaction Score
Why did you feel you had to spell it out???????
Keep them in the dark

Keep making excuses.... like KO said "We're not Cinderella's - we're UConn." Well then freaking coach and act like it how you did in 2013 and 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom