I'm waiting for Daniels to have a big time 3pt shooting game | The Boneyard

I'm waiting for Daniels to have a big time 3pt shooting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we're going to witness some games this season where DD knocks down 4 or more 3s. It's coming. I don't know when, but it will happen.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for Wolf to have a 4 three-pointer game. Soon enough ... soon enough.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for Wolf to have a 4 three-pointer game. Soon enough ... soon enough.

Wolf has a nice looking shot. It's not a jump shot though, because his feet never leave the ground

Reaction Score
I do think we're gonna see a lot of we never thought possible this year. But Daniels needs to man up with the ball, way to soft. He's too long and talented to be like that, go strong.

Thought Giffey made a good contribution tonight too

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I do think we're gonna see a lot of **** we never thought possible this year. But Daniels needs to man up with the ball, way to soft. He's too long and talented to be like that, go strong.

Thought Giffey made a good contribution tonight too

Agreed on Daniels. His handle is better but every time he drives I'm almost expecting him to be called for a charge. Go up strong or make the extra pass.

Reaction Score
Sure it would be nice if DD had some big shooting games, but I don't think that's what we should be looking for out of him this season. Hanging around on the perimeter has two pro/con relationships: 1. penetrating and making a play/penetrating and charging or turning the ball over 2. making threes/not being inside to get rebounds. In an ideal world, he could be an inside out kinda player, but I just feel like if he's going to play the 4, we need him to play like a 4. I'd rather see him work on developing an inside game and helping our already overmatched team get on the boards. Plain and simple, if we are going to win conference games, we're going to need more rebounding out of him than what he has given so far. Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but we already have some pretty solid perimeter players.

Reaction Score
DD is still developing his Div 1 game, and becomes a little over confident at times. He's only a few games removed from his freshman year, he will learn more about his skills (and his teammates) as the season progresses. But until then I'd really like to see him play within himself and at times try to make the extra pass. I think he can easily average 15 points a game or more, gaining more confidence, if he doesn't force it.

Reaction Score
He needs to be under control when he drives to the basket. Also needs to develop some sort of mid-range game so that we can work plays for him.

Reaction Score
DD's improvement has been welcomed. While we would all like a lot more out of him, I am happy to see the confidence at times and the fact he looks like he belongs.

I agree we need more rebounding from him, with his length alone and despite his strength he should be able to get 5-6 boards a game if he positions himself correctly. His feet are good for his size and he can guard pretty well so that's fine and will get better. As far as shooting the ball, I like his stroke and expect a few solid perimeter games from him so if open he should let it fly. Going to the hole he could use a little more control, but rather see a nice mid range pull up as he can shoot over most. His handle, while pretty good in the open is lackadaisical in traffic, hand strength an issue.

All in all, from last year to this year I'm thinking we have a real good 4 year player who if he adds some nice size in the next 2-3 can play at the next level.

Reaction Score
For a few minutes every game DD channels his inner Malik Sealy. If he ever does it for 40 minutes he will have a 30-15 outing.

None on this team has flashes of brilliant like DD. He can absolutely do everything on a basketball court.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
DD's improvement has been welcomed. While we would all like a lot more out of him, I am happy to see the confidence at times and the fact he looks like he belongs.

I agree we need more rebounding from him, with his length alone and despite his strength he should be able to get 5-6 boards a game if he positions himself correctly. His feet are good for his size and he can guard pretty well so that's fine and will get better. As far as shooting the ball, I like his stroke and expect a few solid perimeter games from him so if open he should let it fly. Going to the hole he could use a little more control, but rather see a nice mid range pull up as he can shoot over most. His handle, while pretty good in the open is lackadaisical in traffic, hand strength an issue.

All in all, from last year to this year I'm thinking we have a real good 4 year player who if he adds some nice size in the next 2-3 can play at the next level.
Spot on. I think he suffered from fatigue in this game, hence a poorer rebounding performance. Essentially DD is a freshman experience wise. I expect an up and down season with him and OC this season, similar to Jeremy his freshman season. I'm hoping as the season progresses the inconsistency fades.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'll take two charges a game out of chocolate thunder if it means he's being aggressive. His baseline takes this year have been a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom