I'm tired of seeing "lackluster effort" in an article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm tired of seeing "lackluster effort" in an article

Reaction Score
How are things in LA? My friend's have been sending me some wild videos and pictures.

I was on the 405 at about 5:15 this morning and it was like driving through some kind of dystopian hellscape. (Insert an LA joke here.) Flames everywhere.

I'm in Century City and from my office window I'm watching helicopters dump water on the fires. A good chunk of my partners are at home wondering if their houses are going to go up.

Reaction Score
Actually Gabby was suffering from a migraine (which probably caused her sub-par play)...it wasn't laziness.
Not everyone agrees that it was a headache that put her on the bench. Rebeca Lobo, for example, felt that the benching had to do with poor play. Who knows? I had never heard of her suffering from migraines before. In any event, it was the poor play that put her on the bench. I would like to see a similar response on the men's team even if it is the "star" and it might cost the game.

Reaction Score
Yes, poor play, because she had a freakin' migraine. Both Geno & Gabby said it was a migraine.

"Williams has been dealing with migraines since preseason. She is reluctant to talk about it, saying only that she is feeling better and had a good day of practice.

“We’ve got a plan, we’re working on it,” Williams said.

Auriemma said the ailment is not easy to manage and Williams — like Samuelson — gets upset when her play is impacted or when she can’t be on the floor.

“It is kind of day to day,” Auriemma said. “I think she’s getting better at it. The biggest thing is, she just gets frustrated with it. And when she gets frustrated with it, it doesn’t help her, it doesn’t help anybody. So right now, more than anything, we’re just trying to help her with the frustration of it all. Because that’s when she starts playing poorly, when she gets really frustrated.”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought they played hard in the second half. I thought the first half was as bad a defensive half as I've ever seen a UConn team play in terms of effort.

I agree, though it seemed like it wasn't all the second half. A good portion, but not 20 min. JMO of course.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was on the 405 at about 5:15 this morning and it was like driving through some kind of dystopian hellscape. (Insert an LA joke here.) Flames everywhere.

I'm in Century City and from my office window I'm watching helicopters dump water on the fires. A good chunk of my partners are at home wondering if their houses are going to go up.

I'm flying down from Reno tomorrow morning and then driving out to Castaic Lake. Do you think it would be better to take the longer drive on the 5 or take the 405? (That sounds like a question from the SNL skit The Californians)

Reaction Score
Something I've been concerned about for years is that we don't seem to have any gym rats. I was living on campus in 2011 and guys like Kemba, Bazz, Lamb, and Giffey were in the gym getting shots up what seemed like every night. Those guys lived in the gym and put up an insane amount of shots everyday. It's been a while since we've had guys like that it seems. Never hear stories about these guys putting extra work into their shots.

They are all a bunch of lazy slugs.

I mean that half jokingly...but kids have lives outside of hoops right??

Reaction Score
I like KO he won us a title and all but JA would be gone after this year with a guaranteed K if Calhoun was coaching him.

His A** wouldnt know what hit him. I think that’s what he really wants also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom