I'm thinking...no bowling this year | The Boneyard

I'm thinking...no bowling this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling after deciding not to go out tonight so as to watch Boyle and the Boyz. That was...yeesh.

Can they actually be without a bowl? I mean, its UConn. The NCAA hates UConn.

Can you name 6-6 teams left out of a bowl game?

Reaction Score
Can they actually be without a bowl?

If you are being serious - No.

... and as to second part, again if you are being serious - all bowl eligible teams from AAC will be in a bowl this year.

Dove

Reaction Score
Yep. I was serious.

EDIT: Now I see there were 9 teams 6-6 or better last season...one was 8-3...left out of bowls. Granted all were lesser than UConn.

Also, The Cure Bowl debuts in 2015 and will feature an AAC team?

Maybe Bryant will have us singin' "Just Like Heaven"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After tonight it's easy to say, they don't deserve to be in a bowl game. But, Temple, to me, is the best team in the AAC. Matakevich is arguably to best LB in the country and they have some dudes on the defensive side of the ball. Did I enjoy watching tonight? No, it was embarrassing. But, Temple's pretty good. Diaco's not happy with the effort. It'll be addressed. UConn, at 6-6, will go to a bowl. UConn needs to be in a bowl game. Which bowl, doesn't matter. Who they play and whether they win, doesn't matter. It's fifteen extra practices to teach and learn. It's extra time with the S&C staff. It's a chance to send the seniors out with something that seemed impossible at the start of the season. The seniors deserve that. The younger guys (and the staff) need it to build toward 2016. This is a stepping stone. Not just for the players, but for the program...for recruiting. There are things you have to do as a player and a coach to prepare for a bowl game. With many young players (and coaches) returning, this opportunity is invaluable. They need to experience those things now, not next year. So that, a 2016 bowl visit is all business.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In years with excessive bowl eligible teams, 6-6 teams have been left out of a bowl game. Not this year, because too many bowls exist for all 6-6 bowl eligible teams and even several programs with losing, 5-7 records in 2015. In other words, historically non-bowl eligible teams will go to bowls this year.

No question exists, 6-6, UCONN will absolutely play in a 2015 bowl. Some people will whine about the quality of the bowl, but how many projected our Huskies would be bowling this season? How many will argue with the resulting 15-extra practices, game preparation, conditioning, etc.? Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
After tonight it's easy to say, they don't deserve to be in a bowl game. But, Temple, to me, is he best team in the AAC. Matakevich is arguably to best LB in the country and they have some dudes on the defensive side of the ball. Did I enjoy watching tonight? No, it was embarrassing. But, Temple's pretty good. Diaco's not happy with the effort. It'll be addressed. UConn, at 6-6, will go to a bowl. UConn needs to be in a bowl game. Which bowl, doesn't matter. Who they play and whether they win, doesn't matter. It's fifteen extra practices to teach and learn. It's extra time with the S&C staff. It's a chance to send the seniors out with something that seemed impossible at the start of the season. The seniors deserve that. The younger guys (and the staff) need it to build toward 2016. This is a stepping stone. Not just for the players, but for the program...for recruiting. There are things you have to do as a player and a coach to prepare for a bowl game. With many young players (and coaches) returning, this opportunity is invaluable. They need to experience those this now, not next year. So that, a 2016 bowl visit is all business.

Then they should start playing like they deserve to be in a bowl game. At least the offense needs to man up and start playing major college football.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't give a rat's ass about tonight's performance. As a fan of this program who recognizes how important the extra practice time is, this team should be playing in any bowl game they get invited to. This is bigger than a pat on the back for the team (which I think they deserve, but apparently that's a contentious matter).

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
After tonight it's easy to say, they don't deserve to be in a bowl game. But, Temple, to me, is the best team in the AAC. Matakevich is arguably to best LB in the country and they have some dudes on the defensive side of the ball. Did I enjoy watching tonight? No, it was embarrassing. But, Temple's pretty good. Diaco's not happy with the effort. It'll be addressed. UConn, at 6-6, will go to a bowl. UConn needs to be in a bowl game. Which bowl, doesn't matter. Who they play and whether they win, doesn't matter. It's fifteen extra practices to teach and learn. It's extra time with the S&C staff. It's a chance to send the seniors out with something that seemed impossible at the start of the season. The seniors deserve that. The younger guys (and the staff) need it to build toward 2016. This is a stepping stone. Not just for the players, but for the program...for recruiting. There are things you have to do as a player and a coach to prepare for a bowl game. With many young players (and coaches) returning, this opportunity is invaluable. They need to experience those things now, not next year. So that, a 2016 bowl visit is all business.
Temple's front 7 is excellent. It is a little tough to get a feel from that game since we had virtually no passing threat, but they absolutely crushed our o-line.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Temple was left out last year at 6-6, I believe.
As stated, there were less bowls last year. We are going bowling, case closed.

Reaction Score
If we are as bad as last night should we decline?

Of course not. We need to lick our wounds, and get healthy. And here's the good news. The pundits and sharps will have this Temple loss fresh on their minds when they set the line for the bowl game. Start saving your coins---that trip to Aruba you've been hoping for may be in the offing after all.

Reaction Score
If we are as bad as last night should we decline?
A. You're an idiot.
B. After the futility of the post-HCRE era, to become bowl eligible is a major accomplishment for this program. You accept any bowl invitation, even if it's the "I don't give a rats Bowl" played in Antarctica.
C. As said before, the reason to accept is not for the game appearance-That's gravy. It is for the 15 extra practices to teach the player who will be your core next season. The coaches of teams that don't play in bowl games would kill for that extra practice time.

Reaction Score
Are some of these posts for real?

We lost to the 25th ranked team on the road with a dominating defense playing for a spot in the conference title game. And we didn't have our starting QB.

But yeah, let's base the whole season off last night's performance and decline a bowl invite.

Reaction Score
Football practice matters a ton. We get an extra three weeks now with a relatively young team. You don't turn that down. Some of you need to take a step back and look at the WHOLE SEASON. We won three times as much as last year. We exceeded just about any expectation out there. Have some leftover turkey and chill. Uconn football has another game. We got embarrassed at Cincy then reeled off 3 wins in a row. Our progression is not guaranteed to be linear. We will still have some bumps in the road. I am looking forward to another game and thrilled for the seniors.

Dove

Reaction Score
Are some of these posts for real?

We lost to the 25th ranked team on the road with a dominating defense playing for a spot in the conference title game. And we didn't have our starting QB.

But yeah, let's base the whole season off last night's performance and decline a bowl invite.

I didn't say "decline". Was wondering if the invite would come. Could have been a worse post.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I didn't say "decline". Was wondering if the invite would come. Could have been a worse post.

With 80 bowl spots and 73 teams with 6 wins, there's no way the invite doesn't come.

Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling after deciding not to go out tonight so as to watch Boyle and the Boyz. That was...yeesh.

Your parents should not allow you on the internet after dinner time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek