I'm still watching the BET | The Boneyard

I'm still watching the BET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
As tough as it is to be blacklisted from the last real BET at MSG, I'm still watching and here's why: This is our tournament. In the 30 tournaments since the BET moved to the Garden, we've won 7. One team, with almost a quarter of the championships, in the toughest conference and tournament in college basketball, in one of the meccas of basketball anywhere. That's a level of dominance no one can touch. And the cherry on top of that success, is the absolutely remarkable, untouchable feat of winning 5 in 5 in 2011.

So we've done our work. We're already in the hall of fame, sitting back and watching the little bros of the conference try and add to their history. Let them have their fun, it will be cute to watch, knowing they know they'll never touch our history in the tournament. Everyone's playing for second place this week.

Default team to root for, who we had a nice little back and forth with for a few years that never really amounted to much, and as of now, return to meaning absolutely nothing to us: Marquette

(Seriously though, duck Mike Aresco)

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Routing for Syrabuse to lose is always a reason to watch

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
What tournament? I'm sure there's no Big East tourney this year. UConn's not playing in any tourney so there can't be one!

Reaction Score
Honestly, it's not the UConn suspension that is keeping me from watching and caring. It's the fact that college basketball in the Northeast will not be the same in my lifetime. And, having watched it grow from where it was in the late 60s and pre-Big East 70s, that is very, very sad.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it's not the UConn suspension that is keeping me from watching and caring. It's the fact that college basketball in the Northeast will not be the same in my lifetime. And, having watched it grow from where it was in the late 60s and pre-Big East 70s, that is very, very sad.

So true. I have attended almost every BE basketball tournament and I will never attend again. We had a group that went for years. Big East without UConn and Syracuse is not the Big East. Throw in no Pitt, no BC, no ND, no WVU, no Cincy, no Ville. The BE was formed to showcase northeastern basketball and now northeastern basketball is in the ACC, BE, A12, B12, and Big 1G. Very sad.

Reaction Score
I grew up going to that tournament in the 90s. Can't even bring myself to watch this one.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
As tough as it is to be blacklisted from the last real BET at MSG, I'm still watching and here's why: This is our tournament. In the 30 tournaments since the BET moved to the Garden, we've won 7. One team, with almost a quarter of the championships, in the toughest conference and tournament in college basketball, in one of the meccas of basketball anywhere. That's a level of dominance no one can touch. And the cherry on top of that success, is the absolutely remarkable, untouchable feat of winning 5 in 5 in 2011.

So we've done our work. We're already in the hall of fame, sitting back and watching the little bros of the conference try and add to their history. Let them have their fun, it will be cute to watch, knowing they know they'll never touch our history in the tournament. Everyone's playing for second place this week.

Default team to root for, who we had a nice little back and forth with for a few years that never really amounted to much, and as of now, return to meaning absolutely nothing to us: Marquette

(Seriously though, duck Mike Aresco)

Have a good time...

Reaction Score
Im not trying to be mean, but what is up with the obsession with Marquette? I remember when Marquette was the boneyards "adopted" team that year and never really understood why??

Well anyway, Im trying to watch this years Big East tournament as just a sports fan because i want to see the real Big East one final time. Its impossible to not have any hard feelings toward it though because of the UConn not allowed thing.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Some nice matchups tomorrow. People will get their tickets worth in one 4 game classic.

Nova and Cincy did what they had to do to become locks. It's all about seeding at this point. PC and St John's are fairly unimpressive NIT teams.

Reaction Score
Some nice matchups tomorrow. People will get their tickets worth in one 4 game classic.

I for one hope tomorrow is like the first 5 games. Total snooze fests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom