I'm still celebrating! | The Boneyard

I'm still celebrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Terrific news about DHam coming back. And last weeks news that Brimah, Purvis and Nolan are returning can't be under appreciated. Jalen is still showing he's coming. Same with Enoch.

A lot of negative things happened this year. Just bad mojo almost from the beginning of the season. Let's hope that the trend of positive mojo following bad mojo continues.

Meaning some really good recruiting news comes soon.

Meaning next season surprises most of us positively.

Reaction Score
Really is great news. Next year's team can do quite some damage if we play how we are capable of playing. Mainly, 3 things.
1. Purvis needs to play consistently; no more putting up 28 one game and then scoring 4 the next. I have faith in him. Big year coming.
2. Hamilton needs to improve his jump shot and cut down on turnovers. If he does this, he can be the next Caron Butler or Rip.
3. We need a big man to step up. Someone needs to rise up and rebound and score down low for this team. With a good big man, we would be tough to beat.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to be surprised! A tourney birth would meet that expectation barring some key additions. I do hold out hope that Brimah puts on 20 pounds of muscle and finds his way via invite to a big mans camp this summer. Some of his development needs to take place off campus if possible. Not sure what you guys think of the value of such camps?

Reaction Score
Really is great news. Next year's team can do quite some damage if we play how we are capable of playing. Mainly, 3 things.
1. Purvis needs to play consistently; no more putting up 28 one game and then scoring 4 the next. I have faith in him. Big year coming.
2. Hamilton needs to improve his jump shot and cut down on turnovers. If he does this, he can be the next Caron Butler or Rip.
3. We need a big man to step up. Someone needs to rise up and rebound and score down low for this team. With a good big man, we would be tough to beat.

So our top returning guard needs to be more consistent, our wing needs to shoot better and reduce turnovers, and big men need to step up? Guard-wing-bigs - isn't that kind of everything? I guess that leaves out point guard, but that spot also has quite a bit of uncertainty for us next year.

Not trying to be a jerk here. I am also optimistic about next year and think (like you do) that we have a fairly talented core of returning players. Plus a new recruit that everyone seems to rave about. I guess that means our potential is high. But potential does not equate to results, and I have absolutely no idea how good we will be next year.

What is a reasonable expectation? Who knows. Last fall most of us were way too optimistic following last year's run. After this down year, my guess is that expectations will swing the other way and be too pessimistic. My shot in the dark over/under is NCAA tourney round 2 (the old definition of round 2, i.e. round of 32, not this stupid new system). Anything sweet 16 or better would be a pleasant surprise. First round exit or NIT would be a big disappointment. 2nd round would be unsatisfying, but at this point I cannot say I expect better.

Of course lots of moving pieces, so all this could change dramatically between now and the beginning of next season

Reaction Score
So our top returning guard needs to be more consistent, our wing needs to shoot better and reduce turnovers, and big men need to step up? Guard-wing-bigs - isn't that kind of everything? I guess that leaves out point guard, but that spot also has quite a bit of uncertainty for us next year.

Not trying to be a jerk here. I am also optimistic about next year and think (like you do) that we have a fairly talented core of returning players. Plus a new recruit that everyone seems to rave about. I guess that means our potential is high. But potential does not equate to results, and I have absolutely no idea how good we will be next year.

What is a reasonable expectation? Who knows. Last fall most of us were way too optimistic following last year's run. After this down year, my guess is that expectations will swing the other way and be too pessimistic. My shot in the dark over/under is NCAA tourney round 2 (the old definition of round 2, i.e. round of 32, not this stupid new system). Anything sweet 16 or better would be a pleasant surprise. First round exit or NIT would be a big disappointment. 2nd round would be unsatisfying, but at this point I cannot say I expect better.

Of course lots of moving pieces, so all this could change dramatically between now and the beginning of next season

You're right, it basically is everything. But it's no secret we need to get better at everything for this team to be good. If Purvis can stay consistent, he'll give us a guard with good size that we can rely on to score. If Hamilton improves his jump shot, he won't have to settle as much for the three and he would draw more attention to the wing, allowing our big men to do something down. Him cutting turnovers is obviously helpful. And if we get a big man to rebound and score some points, that would open things up on the wing, making it easier for our guards like Purvis, Hamilton, and Adams to score. I actually think the most important thing is just that. We need a big man just to draw some attention down low to allow us to open up the wings.

Reaction Score
I think the reason for concern with those players was somewhat self created. If you are a fan reacting to KO's comments you have to think about who is not getting PT and might be unhappy. DH, RP and AB have no concerns in that particular area.

Reaction Score
I think the reason for concern with those players was somewhat self created. If you are a fan reacting to KO's comments you have to think about who is not getting PT and might be unhappy. DH, RP and AB have no concerns in that particular area.

Yeah as I said before, I think the one person I can see transferring is Rock. I'd really like him to stay but it's nothing I would lose sleep over. He barely played this year, many times not even entering the game. His mom also is confused on Twitter as to why he plays so little. So he's the only one I could imagine that would transfer. Everyone else is staying.

Reaction Score
Yeah as I said before, I think the one person I can see transferring is Rock. I'd really like him to stay but it's nothing I would lose sleep over. He barely played this year, many times not even entering the game. His mom also is confused on Twitter as to why he plays so little. So he's the only one I could imagine that would transfer. Everyone else is staying.

He is competing with Phil/KF for PT so minutes were hard to come by...that's where we stand with "Rock".

Reaction Score
I can't wait to be surprised! A tourney birth would meet that expectation barring some key additions. I do hold out hope that Brimah puts on 20 pounds of muscle and finds his way via invite to a big mans camp this summer. Some of his development needs to take place off campus if possible. Not sure what you guys think of the value of such camps?

Reaction Score
Maybe Brima can sign up to the Olajuwan big man camp, so he can develope some low post moves , improving the team's success and his NBA draft stock.

Reaction Score
Maybe Brima can sign up to the Olajuwan big man camp, so he can develope some low post moves , improving the team's success and his NBA draft stock.

20 pounds, big mans camp and a transfer of Hakeem's brain into his head while there and we'll be really good!:D

Reaction Score
I saw this thread title and thought something completely different. Until one of these 16 remaining teams says otherwise, we are still National Champions.

Reaction Score
I am interested to see if the defense changes significantly with the taller, stronger back court. I recall that Ollie was said to prefer larger guards and now they are all his guys and preferred size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom