I'm sorry Phil, but... | The Boneyard

I'm sorry Phil, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let me start by saying I've always supported Phil. Always wanted him to succeed. But it's gotten to the point where he is now a liability. He's good for drawing a charge and maybe a rebound, but he has zero offensive ability. It doesn't matter where he is, if he gets the ball he will either mishandle it, have it stripped, or have it blocked. I thought maybe the extra muscle would help him out, but so far I'm not seeing any improvement.

It pains me to say it, but I'd rather see Lubin get Phil's minutes. I'll always appreciate Nolan's contribution to last years NC team, but at this point the extra minutes would go a long way to developing Lubin. Am I alone here?

Reaction Score
Phil needs a mean streak but he is slipping in production and that can't be denied. It's up to him at this point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree with you for the most part. But I'm also calling that Lubin's going to have a bad game at some point later this season and people will be calling for Phil to retake those minutes. The BY is a fickle mistress.

Reaction Score
At this point it seems to be very mental for Phil. In the rare chance he gets in and gets the ball, he tries to do way too much instead of just kicking it out and setting up the offense

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Nextttt...and by next I mean Lubin

Phil shouldn't play another meaningful minute for us, he is as soft as baby . Gimme Rock who will bang around down low, none of that floppy ballerina BS

Reaction Score
Phil needs to avoid putting the ball on the floor and instead go right to the basket. If he misses maybe he picks up a foul. In any event, the team needs Phil to get better so he can provide breathers for Facey or Brimah, or step in if one or both get into foul trouble. Lubin is starting to show some skills but we really need them both.

Reaction Score
I agree with you for the most part. But I'm also calling that Lubin's going to have a bad game at some point later this season and people will be calling for Phil to retake those minutes. The BY is a fickle mistress.

Lubin's worst game has been far better than any of Phil's. We all have eyes and I don't want to dog PN. I'm just happy he's 4th on the Big's depth chart...

Reaction Score
Unnecessary thread.

Might as well start a thread about Dan Guest after every game.

We all know what we're getting out of Phil.

I don't think it's unnecessary, Phil started last year and part of this year. He's just been a complete disaster this year and the OP thinks Rock should play over him. I agree.

Reaction Score
Rak played 10 minutes and Phil played 3. So, yeah, I think it's unnecessary.

Rak made a big difference in those 10 minutes, and probably leapfrogged Phil in the depth chart today. It's worth talking about in my opinion.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I won't say Phil is done.

Rak is making the case to get off the bench before Phil though.

Make Rak first big off the bench. If he can"t produce then bring in Phil.

It does look like Rak has dropped at least 10lbs since the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
I'm just happy we have Lubin and Nolan to challenge each other for minutes. No player will be given anything and the better player will prevail. Especially from the way he played in the beginning of the season, I'm just happy that Lubin is now capable competing for real rotation minutes. Of course, I want Nolan to get back to the way he played late last season.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
All of our guys suck and I hate them all. Any time we don't win by 50 points and everybody doesn't get a double-double, I stomp around, punch holes in the wall, and scream like a dying walrus.

But they're all still going to be lottery picks!

Reaction Score
I'm just happy we have Lubin and Nolan to challenge each other for minutes. No player will be given anything and the better player will prevail. Especially from the way he played in the beginning of the season, I'm just happy that Lubin is now capable competing for real rotation minutes. Of course, I want Nolan to get back to the way he played late last season.
Excellent post. The best thing about this is Lubin gaining experience and Nolan working harder to get better and compete. Phil has not played well but he is better than what we have seen. I am sure he will contribute going forward.

Reaction Score
I agree, why is it seemingly politically correct to bash Nolan? What about Brimah, he had 14 points against WVU, Tex, Duke and FL. Does someone have a stat on how many points he gives up on goal tends?

Oh, 4 points and huge FT misses today. I'm getting like Dove, I can't stand watching him.

Why do we need a thread dogging Nolan? How about we just support the team.

Go Huskies

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I agree, why is it seemingly politically correct to bash Nolan? What about Brimah, he had 14 points against WVU, Tex, Duke and FL. Does someone have a stat on how many points he gives up on goal tends?

Oh, 4 points and huge FT misses today. I'm getting like Dove, I can't stand watching him.

Is there anyone on this team you like watching?

Reaction Score
Being a member of this board is like dating a really hot, psycho girlfriend.

Reaction Score
I love RB, his D won the NC last year. He was awesome. Like D Ham, Rubin's potential, Omar, etc. and like Jalen Adams.

Is there anyone on this team you like watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom