I'm sorry Paul | The Boneyard

I'm sorry Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry Paul but game management doesn't seem to be your sweet spot. I had/still hold great hopes but it's half time and I need an antacid and some rest. You are making it painful, and the defense deserves better, cause they seem to be working alot harder than you. Just sad!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This crapfest is on the players,

Reaction Score
Their playbook seems like it's about ten plays deep on offense - the offense looks absolutely inept, to the point of unwatchable. I feel like I'm watching a highschool offense play on the college level.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's looking like a pattern. Strong opportunistic defense that gets beat on trick plays paired with an anemic offense.

The 4th qtr score was more luck off a defensive lapse than a skill set. I'll take 2-1 and call it a success.

Reaction Score
Their playbook seems like it's about ten plays deep on offense - the offense looks absolutely inept, to the point of unwatchable. I feel like I'm watching a highschool offense play on the college level.
You're going to find out that P&D's specialty is lining up in a thousand different alignments only to run the same 5 plays. And they make the signs and playbook so complicated, and take so long to make up their minds on play calls, that you're going to get delay of game calls on a regular basis. As the games get tighter, they get more conservative, and make more game management errors because they get so tight. If you do find yourself ahead in the second half of any big game, they are going to try to start running out the clock with about 20 minutes left. Oh yeah, and they can't recruit anymore.

But what they do very well is coach offensive linemen to block well, with the trap and counter being their specialties. They made their reputations with the freeze option, but their option package (run way too often to the short side of the field) never works against today's faster defenses. You will continue to develop 1000 yard rushers almost every year, and your teams will be able to tackle up front, but not defend the pass well, because their coverage schemes are too soft. Four years from now you will be a regular 6-6 team and will probably be looking for new coaches. Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but I lived this movie before, as I read all of your comments.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You people are all full of . We don't have a decent QB on the roster. Maybe Nebrich will be good but he is barely out of high school. We just saw a game where our only QB with years of experience couldn't complete a 3 yard pass to a wide open receiver given 2 tries. It's tough to run an offense with no QB's.

Reaction Score
You people are all full of darn. We don't have a decent QB on the roster. Maybe Nebrich will be good but he is barely out of high school. We just saw a game where our only QB with years of experience couldn't complete a 3 yard pass to a wide open receiver given 2 tries. It's tough to run an offense with no QB's.

Whoa, whoa whoa, let's slow down this dangerous line of thinking.

Reaction Score
Waquoit - I agree 100%. I really don't see how any coach could do anything with the QBs we have. I'm going to take it on faith that JM is our best option right now. You have to assume that's true. So, what do you have to work with? The kid can throw pretty well, he is improving on handling the speed of the game, but he is not a BCS level talent. Making matters worse, he has very little experience with a total of 3 games under his belt. What should anyone expect? Just echoing what Waquoit just said.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The UConn team of the last two weeks has looked eerily similar to the last couple of Syracuse teams under HCPP. Hopefully it is just a coincidence and it is just growing pains of the new regime. I really hope that is the case!

And I hope that the HCPP doesn't lose the players on the team. None of these guys were recruited by PP/GD/DB...at what point do they lose them if this continues? Hopefully we don't find out.

Reaction Score
Just echoing what Waquoit just said.

If you are going to echo him please do it properly. He said...."We just saw a game where our only QB with years of experience couldn't complete a 3 yard pass to a wide open receiver given 2 tries."

I must have been in a blackout. I could have sworn Mac was playing for the first time this year (meaningful time). Standing on the sidelines does not equal experience.

We also have 2 pretty athletic and highly aclaimed high school QB's who are still students of the game. I'm sure Randy bought the pot for Endres so the "experienced" QB shelf would be empty when he left for MD.

People need to stop saying we don't have any good QB's. We don't have any experienced QB's and at this rate we'll have 3 QB's with a 3rd of a year experience each by the Cincy game in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom