i'm so nervous... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

i'm so nervous...

Reaction Score
Next year rising Junior, best guard, NPOY, Wooden Award Winner, generational prospect #1 high school and future WNBA #1 draft pick, Paige Bueckers is not going to take kindly being denied twice. Arizona and now South Carolina. Sorry, but if I am any other competitor, I'm dipping in the portal as many times as I can because there's no way a healthy version of Paige will be denied thrice. I'm nervous for the competition, not UConn.

Add in her best friend, sharpshooter and sniper, Azzi Fudd, "If I was healthy we could have won" Fudd
Caroline "My Head is Fine Now, Pass the Ball" Ducharme
Aaliyah "Postseason Peaker" Edwards
Aubrey "Did You Forget" Griffin
Nika " Big East Defensive Player of the Year to You" Muhl and
Dorka " Wait until my wrist heals" Juhasz

This team with new recruits and additions only gets better from talent but also grit. This year was like being in your 20's, violent, but you learned so much. Glad is half full BY'ers ;)
Have any of you looked at
Kiyomi McMiller ?
She looks like a fantastic recruit.

Reaction Score
That is an opinion, yours, not mine. South Carolina was definitely beatable this year, Missouri and Kentucky proved that. UConn’s luck in the injury dept, which has said, was easily the worst he ever had to endure. Practice’s being held with only 5 players several times.

And AFAIK South Carolina was healthy. Sure, everyone's dinged up come tournament time but the Gamecocks were a lot healthier than the Huskies, no question about that.

Reaction Score
that was a game midweek on a Wednesday and vs Kentucky was 3rd straight game they had played. What happened the 1st 2 times they played Kentucky? 9 pt win at UK and 20 pt win at SC. You're just lying to yourself because you can always play the "what if game." If 63 teams got Covid and Princeton didn't, they'd be declared the ntl champion.
Yes you’re absolutely right!!! Playing on a Wednesday is great excuse for losing.:rolleyes:

Hey I got it, “what if” SC plays Missouri on Saturday? They WIN!!! Right?

Your logic is impeccable. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yes you’re absolutely right!!! Playing on a Wednesday is great excuse for losing.:rolleyes:

Hey I got it, “what if” SC plays Missouri on Saturday? They WIN!!! Right?

Your logic is impeccable. :rolleyes:
again you're just coping, SC was the best team all season end of story. Believe what fake fairy tale you want.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I never said she shot the lights out, but many of her misses were grabbed by Boston or the other big girl and kicked right back out to DH. She was 3-6 from three and had 6 two point shots inside the arc. She was also fouled on two or three of her outside shots. With two or sometimes three UConn bodies in the paint, Henderson was open a lot.
Never said you did. Many think she scored her points shooting great.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Besides the 26 points from Henderson, she, Beal and Cooke did an amazing job of guarding CW, Azzi and Paige. The knew exactly where the UCONN screens were coming from and how to get over them quickly. Boston and Saxton were alway in outstanding help position. This was really a master class by SC in individual and team defense and very much like UCONN used to play.
Geno and staff outcoached? The start of 2 half sunk UConn especially starting the 2nd half with the same 5 as started the game, too rigid sometimes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was referring to CTBbalfan 243's post #13 "If I’m not mistaken, UConn has won 11 National Championships. I think they will be ok.."

I tried to point out, not so eloquently, that this has as much relevance as the Yankees winning 27 World Series. It's the poster who seems to think their 11 Titles is enough, certainly not anyone associated with the team. If anything, it's more pressure trying to uphold a proud tradition. Some posters have added caveats that I agree with, but it still feels like short but quick guards have been an impediment to our winning number 12 in recent years. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I think you’re seeing things that aren’t there. @CTBballfan243’s point is, I believe simply that there is considerable expertise in Storrs Connecticut given their 11 championships and it is likely that they’ll figure out any transitory shortcomings. I don’t think anyone is satisfied with that number, especially those who actually have something to do with it.

Reaction Score
sorry but the mission was suppose to be this year, remember "unfinished business" after the Arizona loss. No more catchphrases, show on the court end of story.
“Wait ‘til next year”………..

Reaction Score
Never said you did. Many think she scored her points shooting great.
9-20 is ok but I wouldn’t call it great when most were short inside the arc poppers, but with SC dominating the boards 49-24, it was enough.

Reaction Score
again you're just coping, SC was the best team all season end of story. Believe what fake fairy tale you want.
SC lost to a team that only had 8 available players and did not have their best player available due to Covid . SC also lost to a team that didn’t even make the NCAA tournament and lost to Drake in the NIT, but according to your biased opinion SC could have won if the game was on Saturday instead of Wednesday. Lol…..keep it coming :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
SC lost to a team that only had 8 available players and did not have their best player available due to Covid . SC also lost to a team that didn’t even make the NCAA tournament and lost to Drake in the NIT, but according to your biased opinion SC could have won if the game was on Saturday instead of Wednesday. Lol…..keep it coming :rolleyes:
whatever helps you sleep at night lol.... fairy tale land

Reaction Score
So you're saying, it's okay to simply rest on their laurels? How's that working out?

For clarification:

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Rest on your laurels'?

To be satisfied with one's past success and to consider further effort unnecessary.
I don’t believe UConn is resting on their laurels at all. I just believe that it’s just SC time to be at the top of the WCBB mountain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom