i'm so nervous... | The Boneyard

i'm so nervous...

Reaction Score
Next year rising Junior, best guard, NPOY, Wooden Award Winner, generational prospect #1 high school and future WNBA #1 draft pick, Paige Bueckers is not going to take kindly being denied twice. Arizona and now South Carolina. Sorry, but if I am any other competitor, I'm dipping in the portal as many times as I can because there's no way a healthy version of Paige will be denied thrice. I'm nervous for the competition, not UConn.

Add in her best friend, sharpshooter and sniper, Azzi Fudd, "If I was healthy we could have won" Fudd
Caroline "My Head is Fine Now, Pass the Ball" Ducharme
Aaliyah "Postseason Peaker" Edwards
Aubrey "Did You Forget" Griffin
Nika " Big East Defensive Player of the Year to You" Muhl and
Dorka " Wait until my wrist heals" Juhasz

This team with new recruits and additions only gets better from talent but also grit. This year was like being in your 20's, violent, but you learned so much. Glad is half full BY'ers ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how much Aubrey will be able to contribute and how quickly. Getting back to you high DI athleticism, physicality, and stamina will be a journey for her. She’s an easy kid to root for though.

Reaction Score
unless her teammates can take some of the load off of her physically, PB will be worn down to a nub. Opponents are going to try to wear her down as that is their only chance of stopping her

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
After a week to ruminate, it seems to me that UConn's Championship Dreams were once again thwarted by a small quick guard. Although they didn't lose on a last second shot, Henderson went off for 26 points in an otherwise low scoring game. So, until UConn figures out a way to overcome this phenomena, they are destined to be, as they say, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Reaction Score
After a week to ruminate, it seems to me that UConn's Championship Dreams were once again thwarted by a small quick guard. Although they didn't lose on a last second shot, Henderson went off for 26 points in an otherwise low scoring game. So, until UConn figures out a way to overcome this phenomena, they are destined to be, as they say, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
The reason Henderson scored 26 was because she was wide open on the perimeter for most of her shots. What killed UConn was a 49-24 discrepancy in rebounding despite double teaming Boston the entire game. For much of the game UConn only had 2 or 3 defenders on the perimeter guarding 3 or 4 shooters. Many of the 49 SC rebounds were offensive rebounds that were kicked out to Henderson and Cooke.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The reason Henderson scored 26 was because she was wide open on the perimeter for most of her shots. What killed UConn was a 49-24 discrepancy in rebounding despite double teaming Boston the entire game. For much of the game UConn only had 2 or 3 defenders on the perimeter guarding 3 or 4 shooters. Many of the 49 SC rebounds were offensive rebounds that were kicked out to Henderson and Cooke.
Only 9 of Henderson's 26 points came from 3 pointers, She was 3 for 6.

Reaction Score
Only 9 of Henderson's 26 points came from 3 pointers, She was 3 for 6.
The perimeter doesn’t necessarily mean behind the arc. Watch the game, many of her shots were 2 pt pops inside the arc, but wide open nonetheless. I think she was fouled on several of her shots by a defender rushing over but too late.

Last edited:

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Henderson didn't actually shoot the lights out, 9-20. But when your starting frontcourt gets only 4 rebounds, 5 if you count CW. Nearly impossible to win.

Reaction Score
Henderson didn't actually shoot the lights out, 9-20. But when your starting frontcourt gets only 4 rebounds, 5 if you count CW. Nearly impossible to win.
I never said she shot the lights out, but many of her misses were grabbed by Boston or the other big girl and kicked right back out to DH. She was 3-6 from three and had 6 two point shots inside the arc. She was also fouled on two or three of her outside shots. With two or sometimes three UConn bodies in the paint, Henderson was open a lot.

Reaction Score
unless her teammates can take some of the load off of her physically, PB will be worn down to a nub. Opponents are going to try to wear her down as that is their only chance of stopping her
Then Paige needs to up her strength & conditioning. She can do that now that her knee is healed.

Look how close they came with her not 100%.

I'm with @AzzisBraids - Paige is going to be on a mission next season and her teammates as well.

Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how much Aubrey will be able to contribute and how quickly. Getting back to you high DI athleticism, physicality, and stamina will be a journey for her. She’s an easy kid to root for though.

Back injuries/back surgeries can be tricky. I certainly hope she will be able to play but I am concerned she won't ever be 100% again no matter how hard she works on her rehab.

Reaction Score
Then Paige needs to up her strength & conditioning. She can do that now that her knee is healed.

I'm with @AzzisBraids - Paige is going to be on a mission next season and her teammates as well.
sorry but the mission was suppose to be this year, remember "unfinished business" after the Arizona loss. No more catchphrases, show on the court end of story.

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, UConn has won 11 National Championships. I think they will be ok.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Besides the 26 points from Henderson, she, Beal and Cooke did an amazing job of guarding CW, Azzi and Paige. The knew exactly where the UCONN screens were coming from and how to get over them quickly. Boston and Saxton were alway in outstanding help position. This was really a master class by SC in individual and team defense and very much like UCONN used to play.

CL82

Reaction Score
Back injuries/back surgeries can be tricky. I certainly hope she will be able to play but I am concerned she won't ever be 100% again no matter how hard she works on her rehab.
From what I understand, her dad came back from the same injury/condition. I like her chances, but it may take a while.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, UConn has won 11 National Championships. I think they will be ok.
So you're saying, it's okay to simply rest on their laurels? How's that working out?

For clarification:

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Rest on your laurels'?

To be satisfied with one's past success and to consider further effort unnecessary.

CL82

Reaction Score
So you're saying, it's okay to simply rest on their laurels? How's that working out?

For clarification:

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Rest on your laurels'?

To be satisfied with one's past success and to consider further effort unnecessary.
Do you believe that anyone in associated with the woman’s basketball program in Storrs Connecticut is content to “rest on their laurels“? If so, what do you base that assertion on?

Reaction Score
If none of the above ever happened, SC is the National Champion. Let’s hope for a healthier team next year and put the excuses to bed.
That is an opinion, yours, not mine. South Carolina was definitely beatable this year, Missouri and Kentucky proved that. UConn’s luck in the injury dept, which has said, was easily the worst he ever had to endure. Practice’s being held with only 5 players several times.

Reaction Score
That is an opinion, yours, not mine. South Carolina was definitely beatable this year, Missouri and Kentucky proved that. UConn’s luck in the injury dept, which has said, was easily the worst he ever had to endure. Practice’s being held with only 5 players several times.
that was a game midweek on a Wednesday and vs Kentucky was 3rd straight game they had played. What happened the 1st 2 times they played Kentucky? 9 pt win at UK and 20 pt win at SC. You're just lying to yourself because you can always play the "what if game." If 63 teams got Covid and Princeton didn't, they'd be declared the ntl champion.

Reaction Score

not arguing with you, I want to be able to watch her for an entire season

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Do you believe that anyone in associated with the woman’s basketball program in Storrs Connecticut is content to “rest on their laurels“? If so, what do you base that assertion on?
I certainly don't. But those posters who are quick to point out that UConn has 11 Championships ( and holding) seem to believe that.

How many World Series have the Yankees won? When was the last time they won?

Reaction Score
sorry but the mission was suppose to be this year, remember "unfinished business" after the Arizona loss. No more catchphrases, show on the court end of story.
I agree and disagree with this. I do think the team made it to the finals because of the resolve they had perhaps due to unfinished business. I think the Stanford win was really impressive and though last year's team was way more dominant, I don't think they could've played Stanford like this years team did.

Nevertheless Geno called PBs season a wash. And PB herself said it's championship or bust so their attitude probably more closely aligns with yours.

I'm not sure the issue had anything to do with the team lacking intangibles. I just think SC was on a mission too and had the right combination of players.

CL82

Reaction Score
I certainly don't. But those posters who are quick to point out that UConn has 11 Championships ( and holding) seem to believe that.

How many World Series have the Yankees won? When was the last time they won?
You used the phrase “resting on their laurels“ which seems to imply that the people who earned the laurels are the ones resting on them. You double down on that by listing a definition which states the same. I respectfully disagree.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You used the phrase “resting on their laurels“ which seems to imply that the people who earned the laurels are the ones resting on them. You double down on that by listing a definition which states the same. I respectfully disagree.
I was referring to CTBbalfan 243's post #13 "If I’m not mistaken, UConn has won 11 National Championships. I think they will be ok.."

I tried to point out, not so eloquently, that this has as much relevance as the Yankees winning 27 World Series. It's the poster who seems to think their 11 Titles is enough, certainly not anyone associated with the team. If anything, it's more pressure trying to uphold a proud tradition. Some posters have added caveats that I agree with, but it still feels like short but quick guards have been an impediment to our winning number 12 in recent years. Just my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom