I'm Pulling For USF Tonight. You? | The Boneyard

I'm Pulling For USF Tonight. You?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A poll would be neat, but I don't know how and will mess it up I'm sure.

UCF took them to overtime a couple of weeks ago. 77-68 South Florida vs. UCF - Game Recap - February 18, 2018 - ESPN

To me UCF is the most physical (nay, rough) team in the league and I would just as soon see USF send them home.

Thoughts?

PS. Yes, I a sense I am assuming we get by Cinncinati, with or without Gabby. A big leap perhaps. But technically I'm just asking about today's early game.

Reaction Score
yeah, I am going to the game this afternoon of course and I think UCF and USF will be a good match, definitely will be a rock fight between them. USF for me.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd prefer to see UCF win - not because of how they'd play us (rockfight), but because it might get them over the hump for the NCAA's. Last I checked a few days back, they were one of the 1st 4 teams out so beating USF might get them in. If not, then I'd rather see USF...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'd prefer to see UCF win - not because of how they'd play us (rockfight), but because it might get them over the hump for the NCAA's. Last I checked a few days back, they were one of the 1st 4 teams out so beating USF might get them in. If not, then I'd rather see USF...
I saw that too but don't understand it as none of the metrics warrant consideration. The UCF is vastly improved under Coach Abe but is still short on credibility to warrant an NCAA bid. I am rooting for UCF to beat USF simply because I am tired of seeing USF and their Euros put up weak efforts as a "top program".

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As one who doesn't want to nod off during the final, I'm rooting for Jose's international posse.

Reaction Score
I would love to see UCF pull off the win. This program is on the fast track rise. Coach Abe can bring this program to the next level, and the AAC needs that " desperately ".

Reaction Score
From the point of view of aesthetics, USF. UCF's style of play doesn't lend itself to "beautiful basketball".

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Living down here in central Florida, the wife and I have seen both USF and UCF in person, and for more than just UConn games. There is excitement for both programs. Coach Abe has done an incredible job in two short years! Jose is a very good coach. His kids play hard annd there is some very good talent as we all know.

I'm rooting for UCF. I would like to see them make the NCAA's. It will be good for them and for the conference. Then its GO UCONN!!!!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I refuse the opportunity for seeing the Big Picture in all this. Go USF, wear yourselves out and win. Jose, I know you've said you like your chances against UConn, and yeah you won the last quarter of the last game, but I see you Bulls going down if we get past the WKRP crowd.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I want UCF to win , and pick up a little boost for their program. USF is a fine program, and they present a different challlenge than UCF for UConn. We will face some tough, aggressive teams in the NCAA tournament, and UCF could be a good warmup for those to come. It would be good to see Z bang around a bit and stay out of foul trouble. And Camara should be able to dish it out against UCF if they get too feisty. She needs some opportunities to display her unique talents. If the starters run up a solid lead, a team like UCF is unlikely to score enough to challenge our bench players too much. Hoping Megan, Kyla, Batouly, et al get some time tonight. Go Huskies!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I refuse the opportunity for seeing the Big Picture in all this. Go USF, wear yourselves out and win. Jose, I know you've said you like your chances against UConn, and yeah you won the last quarter of the last game, but I see you Bulls going down if we get past the WKRP crowd.
As Les Nessman would say on Thanksgiving Day , "Oh,the humanity!" They are hitting the ground everywhere. Bearcats will turn out to be turkeys after all.

Reaction Score
Rooting for UCF.

1. UConn needs to face a physical team to prepare for the much better teams who will surely be physical with them in the NCAA's.

2. USF is just boring at this point. They just don't put up much of a fight at all against us.

3. A win over USF might move UCF into the NCAA's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's really pick your poison..........................UCF has less of a chance to pull off an upset against UConn but are far more likely to injure one of our players while USF will always have a shooters chance to defeat UConn yet are a far less physical team somewhat limiting the chance of injury....................how about USF winning a triple overtime game exhausting them for the finals...............

Reaction Score
UCF. New kid on the block. Will definitely make UConn or Cincinnati work for it.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I agree with those who are rooting for USF because a matchup with UCF would be more physically demanding and, with three starters nursing injuries, the last thing UConn needs now is a close encounter of a third time.

Reaction Score
I agree with those who are rooting for USF because a matchup with UCF would be more physically demanding and, with three starters nursing injuries, the last thing UConn needs now is a close encounter of a third time.

If we are that afraid of UCF's physicality they we would root against facing them than we have bigger problems under the surface than we want to admit.

Reaction Score
It's really pick your poison......UCF has less of a chance to pull off an upset against UConn but are far more likely to injure one of our players while USF will always have a shooters chance to defeat UConn yet are a far less physical team somewhat limiting the chance of injury.....how about USF winning a triple overtime game exhausting them for the finals.....

Neither USF or UCF will beat UConn unless UConn gets a flu bug, outbreak of food poisoning, or the NCAA declares our starters ineligible. As for USF, not since Joanne P McCaullie's Duke teams has UConn so easily defeated a ranked opponent so often.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If we are that afraid of UCF's physicality they we would root against facing them than we have bigger problems under the surface than we want to admit.
Not fearful, just, as GHW Bush might say, "prudent."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!! Other teams are going to try to play physical with UConn. That's the game book - play it physical and rough with a finesse team. UConn is a finesse team. This is been the book on UConn for a long while. Getting to the 16 - 8 - finals, we're looking at SC - they'll play physical if they can. If we get Texas we know they will want to bang away and so will Baylor if we meet them.

We've got three banged up players but don't tell them they can't compete. If we can't take UCF we are in big trouble.

Reaction Score
While we can handle UCF (and have) my preference is that they don't have to at this point. First because of the greater risk of injuries. Second because UCF tends to create ugly games and I would rather watch beautiful basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom