I'm proud of this team! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm proud of this team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's disappointing because because we played a tough, gritty game and were in a position to win or take it into OT. However, I have to think it would feel worse if we were dominated and beaten by 3-4 touchdowns on National TV (remember Cincinnati on ABC). The team represented today.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yep, rush yards were 85-77 MU, pass was 185-156 MU. TO were 1-0 (removing the Boyle INT since that's more or less like intercepting a hail mary - it's not relevant.) Very, very even game. On the road against a ranked SEC team, that's miles and miles ahead of where we were last year and the year before.
make the xp; don't get the punt blocked; and the two fake fg's become two shots a game winning three. st were the difference.

Reaction Score
It's disappointing because because we played a tough, gritty game and were in a position to win or take it into OT. However, I have to think it would feel worse if we were dominated and beaten by 3-4 touchdowns on National TV (remember Cincinnati on ABC). The team represented today.

You are misremembering. When we played top 5 Cincy, at Cincy, in the third game after Jazz's homicide, we had a chance to win that game right into the last 2 minutes. That was the night game where Musberger called it.

Reaction Score
I don't wet myself when I hear the letter SEC. This team looked confused at numerous times. The offense lacked imagination. Losing winnable games is not an achievement.

I'm not surprised your expectations are so low.
Missouri was completely flat this day, and any mediocre team should have boat raced them out of the stadium. The fact that we lost on national TV isn't so bad, but the way both teams played. The analysts at halftime and post game rambled on and on about how poorly the game was played - maybe not 100% accurate, but that is what the non-UConn/non-Mizzou fans heard, if they hadn't yet switched to another game.

Reaction Score
In the grand scheme of things, not many people are going to hold a 3 point loss on the road to an SEC powerhouse against us.

We need to start knocking off our conference opponents starting next week.

I am very proud of the team.

P.S. - Let's spend a little extra time on special teams this week.

Reaction Score
You are misremembering. When we played top 5 Cincy, at Cincy, in the third game after Jazz's homicide, we had a chance to win that game right into the last 2 minutes. That was the night game where Musberger called it.

It's highly likely I am misremembering, but I do remember that game. We were coming off the Fiesta bowl and there was still some semblance of competence. A lot of emotion that game. Perhaps I am thinking of the 41-17 loss the following year (UConn was 0-5 or 0-6 going into that game). It could also be the 41-0 shutout the following year (maybe it was on a different network). The last 4 years kinda run together. Today's game will at least stand out for a while. Even with the disappointing finish, it was nice to be competing at high level on a national stage. I know we must be making progress, there's a 75% reduction in my game day cursing.

Reaction Score
It's highly likely I am misremembering, but I do remember that game. We were coming off the Fiesta bowl and there was still some semblance of competence. A lot of emotion that game. Perhaps I am thinking of the 41-17 loss the following year (UConn was 0-5 or 0-6 going into that game). It could also be the 41-0 shutout the following year (maybe it was on a different network). The last 4 years kinda run together. Today's game will at least stand out for a while. Even with the disappointing finish, it was nice to be competing at high level on a national stage. I know we must be making progress, there's a 75% reduction in my game day cursing.

I'm sure you remember a game. I wouldn't think the ones you are describing would have been on a "national stage."

Whatever.

Reaction Score
In the grand scheme of things, not many people are going to hold a 3 point loss on the road to an SEC powerhouse against us.

We need to start knocking off our conference opponents starting next week.

I am very proud of the team.

P.S. - Let's spend a little extra time on special teams this week.

I was angry as hell at Diaco for the dumb call. However, once I calmed down & removed emotion from the equation, I can clearly see the positives from their gritty performance this afternoon. Hope the team realizes this too.

Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
I'm sure you remember a game. I wouldn't think the ones you are describing would have been on a "national stage." Whatever.

The last game of 2012 was on one of the three big channels, if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
There's no reason not to be proud of this team. They gave themselves chances to win with toughness and opportunism. Close at many points to making it happen. Despite the special teams meltdowns we were a couple of calls or a dropped ball from pulling it off.

Everybody learns from this. Everybody gets better. Confidence should be high. Let's bounce back and beat Navy!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He might be talking about a game a couple seasons ago (early into TJ's run as HC) where we barely showed up. I'm pretty sure that was an ABC regional game.

Reaction Score
Y'all should be proud. Those kids went in there and played their hearts out.

If I were a UConn fan I'd be irritated with that play call as well. Sitting on my couch at home, I was half expecting it. On the other hand, you can't blame the guy for trying.

It was fun conversing with everyone this week. I hope everyone who made the trip enjoyed Columbia.

Good luck the rest of the year.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Couple of drops. Blocked XP. Missed FG.

We lost by 3 to Missouri. We had a chance to win this game right down to the last play.
Negative Nancy can call it anything she wants, but this smells of turnaround.

Lots of work to do yet, but something to believe in...for them and all of us. We lamented the last call, but really only because it failed so miserably. Had that worked, HCBD is a genius and we're all fat and happy. I'm still buying in.

Great work today, Huskies. Way to represent and play tough for a national audience. The wins are coming.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

If I were a UConn fan I'd be irritated with that play call as well. Sitting on my couch at home, I was half expecting it. On the other hand, you can't blame the guy for trying.

It was fun conversing with everyone this week. I hope everyone who made the trip enjoyed Columbia.

You too. See you in a couple years...hopefully a different outcome. Hope your injured kids heal up quickly. Was glad to see Beckner suited up...didn't hear about the others.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Jumbo - thanks for stopping by. Always enjoy a fair and knowledgable poster.

Don't be a stranger.

Best to you guys the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Seriously F off....I'll take a moral victory that results in this team believing in themselves and winning 5 more and going bowling....
Toa
Totally agree. I'm sure nobody is happy that we lost. But you have to be crazy not to be encouraged by being 2-1 and losing by 3 points to a SEC team on their home field. Could we have won, sure we could have. But this is light years ahead of where we were last year ,and this team is full of underclassmen that will be around for the next 2 to 3 years. Plus our incoming class ( albeit small ),is full of 3 star athletes. Nobody on this board would have bet a dollar on a2-1 record, and losing to Missouri by 3. In fact we all would have signed up for that. Also don't want to hear about moral victoris are still losses. We all understand it is a loss, but in our stage in our development, a 9-6 loss to a SEC team on the road is not a bad loss.

Also if anyone thinks it is a bad loss, I wonder how many people bet money on UCONN ( +21 points) prior to game. Probably not many because everyone that thinks this is a bad loss, actuality thought we were going to get hammered. Diaco's has us going in right direction, so instead of complaining just show up at the Rent next week and cheer on our team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Don't underestimate that Mizzou's defense is very, very good.

I agree they are very good but our offensive line was horrible, they spent more time looking at the backs of jerseys than blocking Missouri linemen. If you re-watch the game you'll see so many missed blocks our running backs had no opportunities to find any holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom