I'm pretty sure that Randy Edsall no longer has an office at the Burt | The Boneyard

I'm pretty sure that Randy Edsall no longer has an office at the Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
However, if you go through the facilities tour on uconnhuskies.com it appears as if he does.

C'mon man..

Reaction Score
Our #1 priority is to WIN! Like him or not, FHCRE is history. Our concern is the future so let's focus on what's important to UCONN. And regardless of whether you think FHCRE did a good job or a poor job here, the fact is he is no longer important to UCONN. He's just someone we used to know. We need to move on.

Reaction Score
Ummmmm. Ok. Can we at least take his name off the caption of the picture of the head coach's office on the school's official athletics web site. That's all I'm asking..

Reaction Score
I want the 37 seconds it took to click, load, read through and close this thread back......

Reaction Score
It's a legit point.

RE should be removed from UConn football materials. It's prettty lazy that RE picture or name would still be part of our stuff. It's not a giant deal, but it does show a certain lack of urgency.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This athletic department struggles so much with the little things, like this. I also noticed tonight in my car that I could listen to Richmond Spiders basketball on satellite radio, but not UConn.

These things aren't very important individually. But they're symptomatic of a larger inability to take care of the details.

Reaction Score
This athletic department struggles so much with the little things, like this. I also noticed tonight in my car that I could listen to Richmond Spiders basketball on satellite radio, but not UConn.

These things aren't very important individually. But they're symptomatic of a larger inability to take care of the details.

It was explained to me that this would be taken care of with the next radio contract. The current one gives WTIC exclusivity but it expires after this year. Not 100%sure on this but what I remember reading/hearing.

Reaction Score
It was explained to me that this would be taken care of with the next radio contract. The current one gives WTIC exclusivity but it expires after this year. Not 100%sure on this but what I remember reading/hearing.

I can barely get the game in Milford.

Reaction Score
Can we get Edsall's name blocked here, like we had "Tampa" blocked here???

zls44

Reaction Score

IMG is first-class. I expect them to get it fixed. The fact that they signed an exclusivity deal with a terrestrial station back when satellite radio was at it's peak shows how tone-deaf they were. I hope with a new AD/Fundraiser/Prez they will improve. But a lot of the same small-time thinkers remain.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Can we get Edsall's name blocked here, like we had "Tampa" blocked here???
We could have it automatically edited to Rangoon, his maryland nickname.

Reaction Score
IMG is first-class. I expect them to get it fixed. The fact that they signed an exclusivity deal with a terrestrial station back when satellite radio was at it's peak shows how tone-deaf they were. I hope with a new AD/Fundraiser/Prez they will improve. But a lot of the same small-time thinkers remain.

So how much more did WTIC pay to have their rights be exclusive of UConn keeping rights to satellite broadcasts, and how much could we have sold them to satellite radio for? Because, obviously, you must have access to those numbers since you're free to criticize IMG's decision making.

Reaction Score
tampa
Tampa
am i the only idiot not a part of some insider joke here?

zls44

Reaction Score
So how much more did WTIC pay to have their rights be exclusive of UConn keeping rights to satellite broadcasts, and how much could we have sold them to satellite radio for? Because, obviously, you must have access to those numbers since you're free to criticize IMG's decision making.

Considering I have spent a bit 'o time at WTIC in the past, I can speak from a position of knowledge. They paid a boatload. The $$$ from satellite isn't as beneficial as expanding your coverage nationwide is. But it is a revenue stream.

IMG walked into the UConn deal well after UConn signed the radio deal with WTIC. "They"="UConn athletic department at the time"

Reaction Score
and i thot the idiots were on tampa's board...i guess failure to get the word is never an excuse.

Reaction Score
tampa
Tampa
am i the only idiot not a part of some insider joke here?
Tampa Bay used to auto-correct to Syracuse. (check out the Schiano to "Syracuse" thread)

It's been fixed it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak