I'm passing through Storrs for first time in June ...Need Advice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I'm passing through Storrs for first time in June ...Need Advice

Reaction Score
Agree on the atmosphere for sure but he’s trying to keep the miles down too. Pizza much better? I think not but that’s all in preference right? I can tell you this about First and Last it depends on the owners. Plainville is much better than Glastonbury, and Avon pizza haven’t been to the original on a long while. Middletown sucked and is now closed.
Agreed it's all a preference!! The First and Last in Glastonbury, Avon and Plainville are not really owned by the First and Last people of the original one in Hartford. My understanding, and I could be wrong but this is what I was told by the people in Hartford, is that they bought the name and must use the original owner's sauce. Other than that there is no connection. Would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Agreed it's all a preference!! The First and Last in Glastonbury, Avon and Plainville are not really owned by the First and Last people of the original one in Hartford. My understanding, and I could be wrong but this is what I was told by the people in Hartford, is that they bought the name and must use the original owner's sauce. Other than that there is no connection. Would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I would believe you’re correct on the sauce as that is very good and seemingly consistent in each. The thin crust at Plainville and maybe a little more char make their pizza a bit better overall but all are still solid, wouldn’t say no. You are spot on with the sauce though good stuff to begin any pie and key.

Reaction Score
Thanks for some great info, i am only passing thru getting in late one night and staying a few hours the next day.

I’m having trouble wading thru pizza picks i will want to hit something close to campus but will drive a few mins if need to, love pizza! One time in south Florida i went to a place called new haven pizza and crust was super crispy and awesome - is that typical of Connecticut pizza?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Thanks for some great info, i am only passing thru getting in late one night and staying a few hours the next day.

I’m having trouble wading thru pizza picks i will want to hit something close to campus but will drive a few mins if need to, love pizza! One time in south Florida i went to a place called new haven pizza and crust was super crispy and awesome - is that typical of Connecticut pizza?

Wilmington is a legit 5ish minutes from campus.

The red potato pizza is a staple item. A local delicacy. A must try if you’re not from here (unless you dislike potatoes, obviously).

Reaction Score

Some light reading for you:

Reaction Score

Pages 77 to 116 are the most important IMO.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If he’s looking for Wilmington he might end up in North Carolina. Lol. It’s Willington.

I know. I grew up in he area. God damn Siri

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Re-confirmation, average pizza in a desert.
Mid average to slightly above average pizza for CT. Nirvana if you are from lesser pizza states (so pretty much everyone else.)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Remember when I made this thread? Me either. Goodnight moon, goodnight clouds, goodnight CTB.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Weird collision of universes:

They just opened a DP Dough here in Athens, GA; went there and it just wasn't the same.

Andy Murray was there though

You live in Athens? I was there for work earlier this year. The food options for a college town are insane. Highly recommend, however everything around there sucks besides lake oconee

Reaction Score
You live in Athens? I was there for work earlier this year. The food options for a college town are insane. Highly recommend, however everything around there sucks besides lake oconee

I live in Atlanta, but my in-laws have a house in Athens so we spend a lot of time out there (I was there when I posted that comment lol).

Awesome town with a great food scene, including some restaurants operated by Hugh Acheson.

Reaction Score

Where did you eat?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thought Sgt Peps was good?

Nope, their Calzone's were vastly superior to DP Dough. The only thing DP Dough had going was efficiency and that it was open until 4am.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Nope, their Calzone's were vastly superior to DP Dough. The only thing DP Dough had going was efficiency and that it was open until 4am.
The Sarge: ricotta, pineapple, and pepperoni was always always so very good after 12 or so Miller lites. I have no idea if it was actually good though

polycom

Reaction Score
Where did you eat?

The last resort, The national, a mexican place that you have to pay cash not sure of the name, south kitchen, mellow mushroom, Tlaloc

Reaction Score
Wilmington is a legit 5ish minutes from campus.

The red potato pizza is a staple item. A local delicacy. A must try if you’re not from here (unless you dislike potatoes, obviously).
Wilmington is a lot farther than 5 minutes. You talking North Carolina or Deleware?

Reaction Score
The last resort, The national, a mexican place that you have to pay cash not sure of the name, south kitchen, mellow mushroom, Tlaloc

Nice! You did good. The National and Last Resort are #1 and #2 imo

polycom

Reaction Score
Nice! You did good. The National and Last Resort are #1 and #2 imo

Lol, one of the people on our team is a foodie and hunts the best restaurants where ever we travel.

Reaction Score

I know the place you're talking about in Florida. It's not really that good when compared to some of the better pizza places in CT. Good luck and have fun on your stay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom