I'm not saying we're going to win the Natty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm not saying we're going to win the Natty

Reaction Score
Try reading again, I said he's NOT the end of shot clock guy. You asked who on this team has the court smarts like Kemba and Bazz
It's the court smarts, and even more importantly perhaps, it's the leadership. It's the 'I'm going to put this team on my back, we are all going to do this together, winning is the only way we're leaving this floor.'

Having the whole team believing this together, owning that swagger, following the will and the playmaking of a Bazz and a Kemba, and now, the way things look, it's Andre's turn to try and master this leadership. He has put himself there thru his hard work and his actions. His leadership is the core of this team's overall chemistry, and if his on the court play lines up with his follow my example leadership then we will be in for one helluva ride this season. If Andre plays himself onto 1rst or 2nd team All BIG EAST look out. Surely we will be very near the top of the college basketball standings.

It's not all about Andre, and I'm not trying to say it is. We are the sum of our parts; this team is very talented, and the team is structured very well with two or three proven scorers, several players who can shoot the ball, a cast of older and veteran players, and very good depth at all positions. So many players have to rise and play at a high level, the in-game coaching has to be excellent, but if the team chemistry is extremely solid, and that seems to start with Andre this year, then we will be serious contenders. Bleed Blue!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's the court smarts, and even more importantly perhaps, it's the leadership. It's the 'I'm going to put this team on my back, we are all going to do this together, winning is the only way we're leaving this floor.'

Having the whole team believing this together, owning that swagger, following the will and the playmaking of a Bazz and a Kemba, and now, the way things look, it's Andre's turn to try and master this leadership. He has put himself there thru his hard work and his actions. His leadership is the core of this team's overall chemistry, and if his on the court play lines up with his follow my example leadership then we will be in for one helluva ride this season. If Andre plays himself onto 1rst or 2nd team All BIG EAST look out. Surely we will be very near the top of the college basketball standings.

It's not all about Andre, and I'm not trying to say it is. We are the sum of our parts; this team is very talented, and the team is structured very well with two or three proven scorers, several players who can shoot the ball, a cast of older and veteran players, and very good depth at all positions. So many players have to rise and play at a high level, the in-game coaching has to be excellent, but if the team chemistry is extremely solid, and that seems to start with Andre this year, then we will be serious contenders. Bleed Blue!
I have no idea how we’re going to be. We’ve got a lot of really interesting pieces. With all the new faces, I feel like it is not going to be all that easy to get everyone in sync, at least at the start of the season. I’m looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Try reading again, I said he's NOT the end of shot clock guy. You asked who on this team has the court smarts like Kemba and Bazz
Correct if he doesn't have the shot it's academic. Hawkins has the shot but not the smarts that we've seen so far. Newton we gotta see what he brings but he will he creating the play so it's likely him?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, here are the Caesars odds for every Big East team winning the whole thing:

2E4A93B4-85BC-4C83-B8C0-5A6B4CC801B6.jpeg

Reaction Score
But what I am saying is that with the addition of two 6'7" shooters as practice players I am echoing DH's comments that we have the deepest, most talented and most competitive roster that we've had in many years. Stud nucleus of Adama/Ajax/Hawk, three impact transfers, 2 frosh who should contribute immediately, and solid bench players. Richie Springs and Joey C would be playing for most other BE teams and they may not see the floor here. No one thought we were winning the Natty going into 2011 or 2014. Should be a fun year however it plays out. Let's all enjoy the ride. Just saying.
I have no idea what we have with this group. I don’t think you have any more of an idea. It doesn’t matter as long as the coaches do!

I really hope Newton and Alleyne can settle down our backcourt, handle the ball and run our offense. I really don’t think having AJax or Hawk handle the ball regularly is a recipe for success.

Reaction Score

Andre will undoubtedly be the leader and the engine of the team. But I think we're all aware of the difference between a Kemba/Shabazz and an AJax when it comes to being THAT guy

He's the heart and soul of the team, and will be the leader to keep everybody together. But when it comes down to it, you need a guy that can just take the ball and go get a bucket. Our best bets on this are hoping Hawkins makes the jump we expect from him, or letting Newton build on his scoring ability from ECU.

AJax will certainly play a big part of getting those guys in rhythm and getting them the ball in their spots, but he's not the guy that going to take the ball and lead an iso or a PnR after a broken play or at the end of clocks

Reaction Score
Lunardi's Updated bracket has the Huskies in the New York Regional as a 7 seed...to get through the regional, UConn my have to face Memphis, Tennessee, and Indiana...

Reaction Score
Lunardi's Updated bracket has the Huskies in the New York Regional as a 7 seed...to get through the regional, UConn my have to face Memphis, Tennessee, and Indiana...

3 BE teams on the bubble (SJU last four in, Seton Hall and Providence in the first four out). Creighton/Villanova as 4 seeds, UConn/Xavier as 7 seeds. If everything went in our favor this could be a 5 bid league!

That said, it's Bracketology in September so it's pretty much useless

Reaction Score
I hope so. I think the difference, for me, is that the season before both kemba and bazz took the natty mantle, I saw real Alpha performances. Not that you're claiming Natty this year. But I think with AJax and Hawk that we are "hoping" they become something great based on projection, build, basketball smarts, body weight and all the other metrics. they haven't instilled a knowing confidence in me yet, from what I've seen (which is every game they've played)
2010 was disaster. Kemba had great talent
but was indecisive and two frequently he deferred at
crunch time.
His junior year was one of the biggest leaps in confidence I could remember

Reaction Score
But what I am saying is that with the addition of two 6'7" shooters as practice players I am echoing DH's comments that we have the deepest, most talented and most competitive roster that we've had in many years. Stud nucleus of Adama/Ajax/Hawk, three impact transfers, 2 frosh who should contribute immediately, and solid bench players. Richie Springs and Joey C would be playing for most other BE teams and they may not see the floor here. No one thought we were winning the Natty going into 2011 or 2014. Should be a fun year however it plays out. Let's all enjoy the ride. Just saying.
You should be very good this year. Once you get in the tourney you never know. A combo of talent, luck and style of play. I think UCONN has a great chance to be Big East champions.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We don’t have one thing for me. That guy that can consistently get a shot who is battle tested. Ben Gordon, Shabazz, Kemba, Rip. That one super stud. If we had Bouknight, then we could talk titles. We’re good but not there YET.
Hawk was just flipping his switch when he got hurt late in the year. He played a lot of minutes and some under extreme adversity. He broke for a bit and had figured it out, particularly on the defensive end. I think he could really pop as a sophomore.

When we need a bucket we’ll be going to Adama.

Reaction Score
I’ve stayed @ Ceasars too many nights and the Ramsey restaurant is garbage

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom