I'm interested in the following tonight: | The Boneyard

I'm interested in the following tonight:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Does Allen see some PT, indicating that perhaps, like D Bev, he's an ad hoc PG?
2. Does Drummond add another step up in his confidence and play?
3. Does RS rebound in PT?
4. Does Daniels continue to be filthy?
5. Does Lamb rebound from his off night?
6. Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a trend. Does Olander show that it's going to be a regular expectation?

Tonight will answer most of those for me.

Reaction Score
7. Does AO play aggressively?
Funny you wrote that - I was actually considering adding that, but I've just come to view him as a guy who is going to have off games against lower comp, so I'm really not wondering about it anymore.

Reaction Score
Lamb had an off night scoring 20 points?
DD while good has seemed smooth to me but not filthy- IMHO there has been one player in one game so far that has that distinction and that is J Lamb in the first game.
I am very interested to see how AD does game to game as well. I am hoping he is more careful on D and does not foul as quickly so he can spend more time on the floor.
I think TO's improvement is here to stay- but three games in a row would be a really nice indication we can expect the improvement to stick.

Reaction Score
Jeremy had an off shooting night, but he made up for it by getting to the line.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to see AO and Giffey play with more confidence. I just watched the Maui Ky replay and they both looked great in that game, with a lot of confidence on offense

Reaction Score
I know, i've been saying that since the first game and I got crucified for it.

Reaction Score
Lamb had an off night scoring 20 points?
Surely, without any doubt, we can all agree, that if Lamb shot 7 for 50 from behind the 3 point line we would say he had an off night.

Right?

I never look at points. I look at efficiency and game impact.

Lamb was 5 for 15 overall and 1 for 6 from 3. He did get to the line. That, for him, is an off night, IMO, as I think he will produce better numbers on a regular basis.

Regarding Daniels - he's been off the charts, IMO. Of course, I don't compare him to seasoned vets. I compare him to everybody else we have ever had 3 games in to his career. HE'S FILTHY.

Reaction Score
It's fine that he had 20 points but that doesn't mean he played well. Turnovers and his defense..plus it was an off night on his part which is gonna happen. I just don't like when players don't hustle. Doesn't take talent to hustle. and yeah Daniels is pretty filthy. A couple turnovers so far but in our offense of late, you can expect that.

Reaction Score
1. Does Allen see some PT, indicating that perhaps, like D Bev, he's an ad hoc PG?

No real PT it seemed. Might mean that JC has just decided he's not going to be a contributor this year. Certainly the Maine guards would have been a good matchup for him.

2. Does Drummond add another step up in his confidence and play?

Yes. Clearly takes another step forward. Has now gained some confidence. Big minutes. Good, solid effort.

3. Does RS rebound in PT?

No. 2 fouls early, but then does not come off the bench in the 2nd half for quite some time.

4. Does Daniels continue to be filthy?

Filthy.

5. Does Lamb rebound from his off night?

Slow 1st half, very good 2nd half.

6. Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a trend. Does Olander show that it's going to be a regular expectation?

Regular expectation.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
1 out of 2 isn't bad...Alex played with confidence tonight on O...Niels made some good entry passes

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

No real PT it seemed. Might mean that JC has just decided he's not going to be a contributor this year.

Nah, Allen entered the game before Drummond. But there should have been PT for Allen after Bazz went down. It makes what a buddy of mine said at halftime make sense. I didn't see it, but he said Allen talked back to JC after coming out of the game. "He's not going to see PT the rest of the game." Not quite correct, Allen came in late with the rest of the walk-ons.

Reaction Score
Overall it was a good game tonight. The offensive execution was very good all night I thought. They definitely showed improvement with the half court execution. If they had not shot 5-23 from three and turned it over 16 times, they could have scored over 100 points. We're still a little sloppy at times but all night long they were getting good shots when they executed. how much of this can be attributed to the opponent we were facing, I'm not sure.

The team defense was piss poor in the first half. Guys were getting routinely beat off the dribble, giving the ole ole and relying on the block shot. This in effect got guys out of position, leading to wide open jumpers. I'm sure Calhoun let em have it in the lockeroom.

Shabazz only took nine shots tonight, making three and scoring eight points. He wasn't much of a focal point offensively tonight like he had been in the previous two games. Whether that was by design, I'm not sure. He also played just 27 minutes opposed to the 35+ he played the previous two nights. I thought Lamb was a little more comfortable handing the ball tonight.

Lamb was a little off tonight, but I've been impressed with his ability to get to the line. He just had a bad shooting night, wouldn't be too worried.

Daniels played a great game tonight, despite just shooting 4 for 12 from the field. He was agressive in attacking the rim and getting to the line, and his pure presense really opens things up for his teammates. I continue to be impressed.

Roscoe continued to struggle. Played just 12 minutes, went 0-3 from the field and turned it over 3 times. Let's hope he rights the ship soon.

Olander quietly played very well. 11 boards and 10 points in 23 minutes is extremely efficient. He continues to be the most improved player on this team.

Oriakhi played great. 8 rebounds and 16 points on 7 of 11 shooting in just 20 minutes. He was agressive, he took his time to collect himself in the post, and he made some strong moves. I hope we see more of that from him.

Drummond played his best game to date. 14 boards, 4 blocks, and 11 points. That type of effort is all we can ask for. He played hard, blocked shots, altered others, and crashed the glass. If he can do that all year we are going to be in great shape.

Giffey played good defense tonight which earned him 19 minutes. He hit one three, and although he turned it over a couple of times, he had three assists. Would be nice to see him continue to get minutes and make the most of it. He seems like the type of guy who is going to be as good as the opportunity he is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom