I'm having a hard time | The Boneyard

I'm having a hard time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know how everybody else is dealing with this board but I'll admit I'm having a hard time. I'm under the impression that UConn won the last game against a very good team. I guess that even though this is true they didn't win by enough points or Ollie is an idiot or Ward should be fired or why do we have a woman as President of this University.? I don't know . Perhaps it is me. Maybe, it's because I've been to the darker side of Uconn hoops, having played and watched them for over 40 years and seen the Perno days, maybe just maybe I'm out of touch. However, I don't think so. I believe in this group. I think that they're trying to find themselves. I don't think that either guard is somewhere in Lala land, nor do I believe that that DD is our next Center. It's a progression, people. You can not get from A to C without going through B. My brother is a statistician and he would tell you that most of the people on this board are full of , statiscally speaking. I believe that this is a learning process and we are in the month of January. I do not give a rat's a*s what ESPN Insiders say, nor do I care what some 's comments are about Ollie being out-coached in the last 5 minutes. If you do not see the importance of this win, then you are a loser, and can not be helped. I don't really give a crap that you wear UConn shirts or you supposedly bleed UConn blue. You are a fuc*in loser and I have no time for you. This board is for winners. Get the *k off.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol. Ok, the team is perfect and were well on our way to a championship.

This is a message board, people are goingto debate and point out flaws and be critical. As long as people still support the guys and aren't overly negative, I'm fine with it.

If you want to live in la la land where UConn is the greatest team in the land and wins every game by 73 points, may I suggest the women's board?

Reaction Score

This is a message board, people are goingto debate and point out flaws and be critical. As long as people still support the guys and aren't overly negative, I'm fine with it.

If you want to live in la la land where UConn is the greatest team in the land and wins every game by 73 points, may I suggest the women's board?

I mean, that's fine and everything, but it's not as if this board is a bastion of reasoned debate. You've got people in the chat referring to players as "such a loser" (yeah I'm looking at you Tennspro) and in posts saying they can't wait until this current team is gone.

Reaction Score
Some posts after losses are tough to stomach, I remember reading Kemba was the most overrated player in Uconn history on this board...

Message boards bring out the stupid in people, this one is no different

But nothing is better than bumping a childish post after some wins, watch the OP pathetically defend themselves, then never see their handle again.

Reaction Score
I don't know how everybody else is dealing with this board but I'll admit I'm having a hard time. I'm under the impression that UConn won the last game against a very good team. I guess that even though this is true they didn't win by enough points or Ollie is an idiot or Ward should be fired or why do we have a woman as President of this University.? I don't know . Perhaps it is me. Maybe, it's because I've been to the darker side of Uconn hoops, having played and watched them for over 40 years and seen the Perno days, maybe just maybe I'm out of touch. However, I don't think so. I believe in this group. I think that they're trying to find themselves. I don't think that either guard is somewhere in Lala land, nor do I believe that that DD is our next Center. It's a progression, people. You can not get from A to C without going through B. My brother is a statistician and he would tell you that most of the people on this board are full of , statiscally speaking. I believe that this is a learning process and we are in the month of January. I do not give a rat's a*s what ESPN Insiders say, nor do I care what some 's comments are about Ollie being out-coached in the last 5 minutes. If you do not see the importance of this win, then you are a loser, and can not be helped. I don't really give a crap that you wear UConn shirts or you supposedly bleed UConn blue. You are a fuc*in loser and I have no time for you. This board is for winners. Get the *k off.
The NCAA just announced that due to their desire not to pi$$ of arnie3 on the boneyard, they are cancelling this year's tournament and awarding the Championship to UConn. ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All in all, our record, except in conference, is ok. I think the concerns stem from what we see on the court, and a general sense that we've narrowly won 5-6 games, that could easily be losses. So that record could be pretty awful with just a few baskets going the other way. That's not much margin for error. It feels like we're walking on ice that is cracking. Will it firm up or give way?

I think the talent is still there, and this team will at least participate in the NCAA tournament, and should win a game or two. It is not too late to see somebody elevate their game significantly, as Jeremy Lamb did in 2011. Ideally, that could come from Nolan or Brimah. I think Bazz is more hurt than he admits, and will soon look more like he did early. The close games have meant that Ollie can't spell him with Samuel as much as he probably would otherwise.

There is plenty of reason for optimism and plenty of reason to be very nervous. The result is a lot of posts emphasizing one or other.

Reaction Score
The truth is we had better posters 5 years ago but for some reason they left.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Of course the woman's team pretty much does win every game 3 points so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom