I'm happy with this loss. | The Boneyard

I'm happy with this loss.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Finally. Not getting blown out by a team that was supposed to blow us out.
Still in it in the 4th quarter.
Bad PI call may have changed everything, but to see stops by the D in the 2nd half and still have a mathematical chance was fun to watch.
ZT looked like a deer in the headlights, but at 18 years old, no surprise there.
O line looked more competent than they have in years, and D managed some great stops.
Nate Turner is a beast. And we have a kicker.
I'll go to bed a little drunk, and happier than I did last year at this time.
Good things are ahead. I just know it.
Best wishes to Roberson and Marion for healing.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Hardest thing will be to not have a let down vs CCSU. You have to play all game at 100%. It's normal to have a let down .

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Had a chance to steal one we never expected, but it did not come to be. They are well coached, for sure.

Reaction Score
The injuries to Roberson and Marion are nagging me much more than losing the game. We competed against a very good team in their house and that's what we were hoping for. A win would have been awesome, but we didn't do enough to do that. Still much to be encouraged about with this team going forward.

Reaction Score
There were many aspects of this game that I was pleasantly surprised to see. Turner threw a pass in the flat that was caught and there were 3 blockers making excellent blocks for a 10 yard gain. That was missing before in any games I saw before. The fight showed in the 2nd half was impressive and that PI call was a definite game turner because that was a 3rd down play and I doubt that US would have gone for it on 4th down. All in all a very good game to watch against a good team. A lot to work on,but the ingredients are definitely there.

Roberson and Marion's injuries are going to hurt though, but I think they will adjust accordingly.

Reaction Score
Hardest thing will be to not have a let down vs CCSU. You have to play all game at 100%. It's normal to have a let down .
No attack but what are you thinking. The team is going to have a let down? This after a hard fought loss to a ranked team? Our best team we have seen on the field in years? Versus a top 25 team?
I hope you will be in The Dog House to witness the opposite of your fears Saturday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This game was also huge for player buy in.
With organizational change and culture change they talk about early "wins" from the change. To get employee buy in it is critical to have some concrete, tangible examples showing change is working.
Those who have experienced the worst of RE2.0 and those who were convinced to come as recruits or transfers can see this regime is competent and worthy of trust.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Very very happy as odd as that sounds, being a believe a 28 point dog

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Finally. Not getting blown out by a team that was supposed to blow us out.
Still in it in the 4th quarter.
Bad PI call may have changed everything, but to see stops by the D in the 2nd half and still have a mathematical chance was fun to watch.
ZT looked like a deer in the headlights, but at 18 years old, no surprise there.
O line looked more competent than they have in years, and D managed some great stops.
Nate Turner is a beast. And we have a kicker.
I'll go to bed a little drunk, and happier than I did last year at this time.
Good things are ahead. I just know it.
Best wishes to Roberson and Marion for healing.
Go Huskies!
A friggin men

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very very happy as odd as that sounds, being a believe a 28 point dog
Are you going to attend any games this year? I have tickets if you want.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Are you going to attend any games this year? I have tickets if you want.
I might Tommy, still got kids in college and HS pulling me in different directions

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Finally a reason to come back to the football board
proving, once again, why football is the college sport that stirs the cash money drink.
it feels like, if continued improvement and winning results happen, a lot of fans will come out of the woodwork. promising.
boolah, boolah, moolah, moolah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom