I'm glad they lost.............. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm glad they lost..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
A lost is never good but you can't win them all. I'm not worry about this lost for too many reasons. Its only the second game of the season if UConn play Stanford in January we will win by 15. Its a new team building chemistry takes time LeBron will be the first to tell y'all that. Not to mentioned I'm watching ND and MSU even tho they pr A d knowing that the AAC isn't so competitive UConn will gain a lot of confidence in conference play.obably win they don't look so good either right now
#werfine

Or OVERconfidence. Maybe not for the team, but surely for (some) fans.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
KML doesn't have to get in better shape, she played 45 minutes and didn't look winded at all. She's probably in the best shape of her life.

Reaction Score
Losses are part of the game. No matter how good a team, they will lose now and again. It is unrealistic to expect otherwise. Few "like" to see their team lose. I don't like the loss to Stanford , but I can live with it and see it for what it is...a bad day where a talented team performed better than we did on that particular day. I am ready to move on...anyone want to come along?

Reaction Score
KML doesn't have to get in better shape, she played 45 minutes and didn't look winded at all. She's probably in the best shape of her life.
She played 45 minutes and didn't do anything

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Losses are part of the game. No matter how good a team, they will lose now and again. It is unrealistic to expect otherwise. Few "like" to see their team lose. I don't like the loss to Stanford , but I can live with it and see it for what it is...a bad day where a talented team performed better than we did on that particular day. I am ready to move on...anyone want to come along?
We'll be there, but not until Sunday. :cool:

Reaction Score
She played 45 minutes and didn't do anything

Didn't do anything?
She played 45 minutes, was 2-5 from beyond the arc and pulled down 6 rebounds. The only stat in which she was significantly down was scoring and that happens; Especially when the opponent places its defensive laser focus upon you. Did she play to an All American standard in a big game? Not quite, but to say she did nothing in 45 minutes is sour grapes. Would Coach Aureimma keep an unproductive player on the floor for 45 minutes given the wealth of talent available?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Here's the thing about KML. But first, Stef got herself into much better shape by the time she was a senior, yet she was still a "big" girl and "looked" heavy to most IMHO. KML may have a body type that will never allow her to look lean or svelte. It is what it is. She's a terrific offensive player, but gets exposed against quicker guards or wings.

Stef was able to plant herself most of the time in the paint so even tho she was in much better shape as a senior, you didn't see her chasing kids around the perimeter and fighting thru screens.

KML is what she is. She will never look like Banks, or even Williams. She will never "appear" athletic. If Geno is dissatisfied with her defense or fitness, he will tell her. Being a "bigger" girl did not hamper aTm's Danielle Adams from leading them to a NC a few years back.

Folks, TV can appear to add weight.

Her frame is that of a larger boned person, and that, too appears to cause some to think that she is big. She played the entire game - no break except time outs and half time. That's a lot of running around for someone who is "out of shape" and "could stand to lose some weight".

I had two sisters who were both built like birds, whereas I favored my father's side of the family, which is much bigger boned and short of stature. Even as a size 6, people would say that it was too bad that I couldn't be little like my sisters.

It was too bad. It was also impossible. I know that now....

Reaction Score
Folks, TV can appear to add weight.

Her frame is that of a larger boned person, and that, too appears to cause some to think that she is big. She played the entire game - no break except time outs and half time. That's a lot of running around for someone who is "out of shape" and "could stand to lose some weight".

I had two sisters who were both built like birds, whereas I favored my father's side of the family, which is much bigger boned and short of stature. Even as a size 6, people would say that it was too bad that I couldn't be little like my sisters.

It was too bad. It was also impossible. I know that now....

When you look at the picture of Kaleena's family (posted in another thread) it is obvious what you is true. With a whole family full of stocky, big boned, people it would be a real rarity if she hadn't turned out the same. I fail to see what her shape has to do with physical conditioning. Being slow afoot is something she might not be able to overcome, not everyone is a 100 meter sprinter, but running a distance doesn't seem to be a problem for her else she couldn't play BB for 46 min.

Reaction Score
Didn't do anything?
She played 45 minutes, was 2-5 from beyond the arc and pulled down 6 rebounds. The only stat in which she was significantly down was scoring and that happens; Especially when the opponent places its defensive laser focus upon you. Did she play to an All American standard in a big game? Not quite, but to say she did nothing in 45 minutes is sour grapes. Would Coach Aureimma keep an unproductive player on the floor for 45 minutes given the wealth of talent available?
WHY did he, is I think what many are asking.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
WHY did he, is I think what many are asking.

Should be obvious...though it wasn't her best game, there may not have been options on the bench that could step in who would be ready to contribute and who could help keep the score close.

We lost by 2...3 points? I forgot. I know it wasn't a crushing defeat..

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, at least the loss gives us, as fans, one thing; a challenge. And some excietment. Two things; a challenge and excitement and some things to bitch about. Well, actually, three things; a challenge, excitement and some things to bitch about. :cool:

Reaction Score
Well, at least the loss gives us, as fans, one thing; a challenge. And some excietment. Two things; a challenge and excitement and some things to bitch about. Well, actually, three things; a challenge, excitement and some things to bitch about. :cool:
Four...you forgot bitching about people who are doing the bitching.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Right! Four. And a chance to go on record with our superior knowledge of strategy and coaching. Five things we have gained.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Now this is just getting silly...

ok - 6 things. People who say that bitching about the people who are bitching about the people who are bitching is silly

[one edit - I forgot a few peoples]

Reaction Score
ok - 6 things. People who say that bitching about the people who are bitching about the people who are bitching is silly

[one edit - I forgot a few peoples]
Who can keep track at this point.

This thread has now been officially HIJACKED....bwahhahahahahaha

Reaction Score
It was a good practice..... maybe we see them again....in tampa.....
and Dec 6 should be fun ... in south bend....
....Can you imagine what Geno is saying in practice...now?.... I can just imagine....to Stokes... and to KML.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom