I'm Glad He Said That | The Boneyard

I'm Glad He Said That

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"It wasn't something you draw up. That's what great players do. Great players change the game by making great plays, not by taking something from the playbook and running it."

The play, of course, being Gabby's steal and bucket that woke her team up. Transformation.

"It was still competitive at 37-25 when the Huskies got the pace more to their liking. They got the crowd into when Williams intercepted an Aliyah Gregory pass, got the ball ahead to Dangerfield, who returned it to Williams for a layup. A 12-2 run to end the third quarter made it 56-32 and UConn's 71st straight home win was secured.

"She kind of telegraphed the pass and I went up to grab it," Williams said. "I saw Crystal, and me and Crystal have good enough chemistry that she saw me. We just needed a play to get us going."

"Gabby Williams single-handedly turned the game around in the second half," Auriemma said. "The game basically came down Gabby turning the game around. Once that started to happen and we started to get into our stuff before they could set their defense up ... The layups, the mid-range, the threes start dropping and it's a completely different game. The biggest difference from the first half to second half was Gabby Williams, plain and simple.

UConn tops UCF to notch 100th straight regular-season victory

Reaction Score
"It wasn't something you draw up. That's what great players do. Great players change the game by making great plays, not by taking something from the playbook and running it."

Agreed.
As I thought when he was saying it:

One of the best quotes ever, by any coach, any sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom