I'm Dying Up Here on Shotime | The Boneyard

I'm Dying Up Here on Shotime

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My my wife and I dove into this show about the 1973 LA comedy club scene. Funny interactions of the established comics and the open mike noobs. Melissa Leo kills it as the Mitzi Shore character...the comedy club owner who grooms these comics with stern direction.

Try it if you can. RJ Cyler is hysterical as the young black comic. Overall great ensemble cast.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This show is great!! If you kinda just want to get away from death, depression and fantasy then try this show. Its light, funny and a good time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was initially not that interested because it was another show about how hard it is to make it as an entertainer, and there is only about 5 million of those. I gave it a chance and it is awesome. I have a few minor quibbles, such as they brought on too many characters at once and I am having trouble keeping the two bearded white guys straight, but that is a small issue. The writing is strong, and the characters are so well played. It is really good at showing the subtle difference between funny and lame. The two Boston friends are hilarious, although I am not sure how much longer Clark Duke can play a guy in his early 20's.

It is good to see Ari Graynor land on her feet. She stole the show in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and then kind of vanished.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nice to see someone else loves the show. To me, not a weak performance by anyone. Eric Hriffin is great. The "Manny" Martinez character is really funny.

My sister in law thinks Bill Hobbs is Jim Carrey's alter ego.

The last episode tied everything up as if there might not be a season 2.

#wantaseason2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The biggest problem with this show is how crappy showtimeanytime is for streaming. It looks like it was coded by a high school A/V club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom