I'm drinking Mad Anthony's APA . . . | The Boneyard

I'm drinking Mad Anthony's APA . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's so-so. It's made here in Erie. An Amish client who had moved up here to Erie from Mizzou said and expressed it perfectly when he said to me, after I asked him how he liked it here, "it's always wet." How true. The Mad Anthony's APA (American Pale Ale) is so-so. Like much around here.

Tonight was brutal. I fell asleep half way through the second half. Had a bad feeling in the first minute of play when a Yaley shot and made a 3 from the right wing with no UConn defender within 8 feet. Needed a time out right there. Don't know whose guy it was or whatever. Get a TO. defend or ride the bench. Seriously. The time for ing around is behind us. I have a feeling of foreboding regarding this team. Something is . . . . . . . . not quite right.

Some stream of consciousness crap here . . .

Ollie's press conference is disconcerting. This is not "calling out" guys in the usual sense. It's flat out throwing guys to the wolves. Challenging an injured player to play? Even the Bulls and the Texans haven't done that for the Rose and the Clown. I'm still cogitating on it. Is it tough love? Or poor form? As a fan, it worries me greatly. If you need to resort to going to the media to pontificate aloud that, "I need to find guys who will play for each other" and "guys need to play a little hurt," does it not suggest that you don't have the hearts and minds of the players? Not good.

The intensity of the players is worrisome. Put everything else aside. The guys simply did not bring it today. Did not bring it. The opening shot said it all to me. I knew (by which I mean "felt") that it was going to be a long night. If you're not amped up enough to fight through the screen to stay within 8 feet of your guy, what are you thinking about?

The jury is still out on Purvis. I absolutely will not judge this kid until he plays at least 5 straight games. Seriously, though, I will not form an opinion of him until he plays a long stretch healthy. It's unfair, unkind, and uncalled for. Is he as he was billed? Seems unlikely. BUT, we're only a handful of games in, and he clearly was adjusting the first few and is hurt now. Give him time.

Calhoun is a soap opera. Really interested to see how it turns out. Who killed JR? (How old are you)

The rest is obvious and we all know it. TSam is severely limited. Facey is a work in progress. Brimah is an awful rebounder - at 6/10 if you can only muster 4 boards against a bunch of high IQ white guys from Yale, you need to question your desire and your fundamentals. When Ryan Boatright, a full 1 foot shorter than you and likely with 1.75 feet shorter reach, has as many boards as you in the same time, you need to walk up the mountain like in the Razor's Edge and try to come to terms with God and your place on earth. SC2 hit his shots, but didn't add much else.

Our offense is stagnant and predictable. The SNY announcers showed exactly what was wrong. 3 guys on the weak side doing nothing. Boat dribbling. 5 Yale defenders focused on Boat. That's on Ollie. If we go the "take 'em Boat" play/well too much, we will die of thirst.

One final note for your chowder heads before I drink one more so-so Mad Anthony's and go snuggle up with my hot wife:

For the love of all that's Holy, please stop taking cheap shots at Boat. I mean like this:
"He's no Bazz."
"He's trying to be Bazz."
"He tries to be like Kemba and Bazz, but he's not."

The 2011 team without Kemba and the 2014 team without Bazz destroy the team we have this year without Boat. They probably win by 30. See?

When you have the urge to slap at Boat, and provide false comparisons to Bazz and Kemba, and say he's trying to do to much, or he doesn't pass enough, or whatever other feces that you vomit up to project onto Boat to blame him for the nascent dumpster fire that we are all witnessing, STOP. And consider this:

W/O Boat, we don't come close to winning in 14.
Dude stayed through the ban.
Dude came back his senior year (which he may end up regretting, at this pace).
Dude has been a g-damn bastion of effort every time on the floor.
Dude is working with a promising soph who played only a handful of minutes last year, a promising frosh, a flawed, raw center, and a bunch of scrubs.

If there is literally one person who is and should be beyond criticism this year, it is Boat. No matter what else happens - no matter what he does - remember that without him we quite literally would have a losing record this year, and maybe not even finish in the top 2/3rds of the American. Think about it. If he left last year HOW AWFUL WOULD IT BE NOW?

Be respectful the rest of the way, no matter how bad it gets.

Without the Boat, we'd have already drowned.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
no 1 should blame Boat for any of this mess tonight.
he clearly wasn't even close to 100%

at least Boat got 4 rebounds which is prolly more than anyone else had on Uconn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Saw the thread title and became honestly confused as to how I coped with the aftermath of tonight's game without alcohol.

Reaction Score
What if the boat took his yacht to some professional league after the World Title?

Please do not go there.

This staff is lacking a professional manpower planner. This planner needs the IQ to play chess. Currently the staff is not even playing checkers.

Reaction Score
no 1 should blame Boat for any of this mess tonight.
he clearly wasn't even close to 100%

at least Boat got 4 rebounds which is prolly more than anyone else had on Uconn.

Okay so it's okay he made awful plays because he was hurt and at least he was playing? C'mon he plays for UConn not Marist. He's been fantastic replacing Bazz, really really good. But he is under the microscope as the leader and he's out there for critique. He was really bad, made terrible decisions for a senior. If you're not able to do what you always do then it's up to you to figure it out if you want to play. otherwise sit. And if you're a real smart basketball player and injured how many times can you go to that same place where it's not working? He, of all people, shouldn't have made those mental errors and they were all bad ones leading to run outs.

Put the uni on and step on the court face the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom