I'm back to Being An NBA Guy | The Boneyard

I'm back to Being An NBA Guy

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Since the retirement of Larry Bird, and my focus on the 'skies, I stopped following the NBA. Even when JC pumped the league full of Huskies, I was like, ehhh.

But here we are with a new pack of Huskies in the League and I am stoked. Tomorrow, hopefully Donovan is on TV against the Warriors, at 10pm. I will be watching. In the past, no way in hell.

Go Huskies!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since the retirement of Larry Bird, and my focus on the 'skies, I stopped following the NBA. Even when JC pumped the league full of Huskies, I was like, ehhh.

But here we are with a new pack of Huskies in the League and I am stoked. Tomorrow, hopefully Donovan is on TV against the Warriors, at 10pm. I will be watching. In the past, no way in hell.

Go Huskies!

I can’t stand the product but I enjoy watching when any Huskies are playing

Reaction Score
i got very, very into the nba during uconn's swoon 2017 - 2020 or whatever. i never stopped watching uconn (obviously) but i found it really difficult to watch other college basketball games when we were playing so badly.

it's pretty incredible how the program's representation in the nba has shifted since then. it's actually difficult to follow at times (which team is tyrese martin on again??) which is obviously a good thing. can't wait to watch tonight.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Go Huskies!

Join us

Reaction Score

Go Huskies!
Welcome back. Bad nba basketball is awful, so don’t watch hornets or wizards, but the sport has become a game of skill more so than athleticism.

You still need elite athleticism to play, but unless your athleticism is elite by nba standards, skill guys win.

Also, you will be stunned by the lack of emphasis on offensive rebounding.

Reaction Score
Welcome back. Bad nba basketball is awful, so don’t watch hornets or wizards, but the sport has become a game of skill more so than athleticism.

You still need elite athleticism to play, but unless your athleticism is elite by nba standards, skill guys win.

Also, you will be stunned by the lack of emphasis on offensive rebounding.
Hornets should be pretty fun to watch this year if Melo can stay healthy, Brandon Miller looks like he has all the tools to become an elite wing

Dove

Reaction Score
Join us
Ring Around The Rosie Circle GIF by A24

Reaction Score
Hornets should be pretty fun to watch this year if Melo can stay healthy, Brandon Miller looks like he has all the tools to become an elite wing
I am
Hoping you are right. I am headed to charlotte Friday for a conference, I might catch them play Heat on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Well the Hornets with their starters lost to the Knicks bench and G league team.

Reaction Score
I am
Hoping you are right. I am headed to charlotte Friday for a conference, I might catch them play Heat on Sunday.
If you wanna grab a beer and chat huskies, let me know! Happy to give recommendations as well if needed.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies!
My interest in the NBA is directly proportional to the number of UConn guys playing..

Reaction Score
There are bad teams that are horrible to watch, but the top product is the best it has ever been IMO. I mean, the C’s just played one of the more perfect games i’ve ever seen.

Reaction Score
Load management has completely ruined the product imo. Between the salaries and shoe money they're paid more than enough to play through some bruises from time to time.

Reaction Score
Load management has completely ruined the product imo. Between the salaries and shoe money they're paid more than enough to play through some bruises from time to time.
Sorta disagree, you have to think of yourself first. Think about Aiyuk in the NFL, he held out for a better contract, got it, then tore his ACL and is out for the year. If he didn’t hold out and just played, he would’ve lost a huge amount of money.

Reaction Score
I tried watching Knicks/Celts last night. Lasted 5 minutes. Hint to NBA teams, try defending the 3 since it is the whole game now.

Reaction Score
I actually paid for NBA League pass to watch some of our guys in the NBA. I probably could of got some VPN and scammed the games for "free" in some semi-sketchy way.... but I just kept it simple and paid the NBA.

This is my first time buying league pass, but I have enjoyed the passed decade of NBA and the new style. I still wonder if the new 3 heavy style could beat the pound-it-into-the-paint style of decades passed. But I don't think we'll ever know.

Reaction Score
I hear the Knicks have interest in Tyler Polley. He was waived by Indiana, but since he has the Exhibit 10 deal, I imagine he's with the Mad Ants

Dove

Reaction Score
There are bad teams that are horrible to watch, but the top product is the best it has ever been IMO. I mean, the C’s just played one of the more perfect games i’ve ever seen.
When I tuned in, I saw them make three treys. Then, they went 0-20 from the arc. Brutal.

Reaction Score
The NBA is great right now if you're obsessed with three point shooting. The league desperately needs balance, IMO. I'm not sure how they do it.
They could push the 3 point line out further towards half court and then have 3 point line go to the sideline so there’s no longer a corner 3

Reaction Score
The NBA is great right now if you're obsessed with three point shooting. The league desperately needs balance, IMO. I'm not sure how they do it.
Basically going through what the MLB just did. Hyper optimization is often at odds with creating an interesting and entertaining game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom