I'm awful for sharing this, but... (dunk fail video) | The Boneyard

I'm awful for sharing this, but... (dunk fail video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was looking at the 2017 WNBA early mock draft and saw Northwestern's Nia Coffey listed as a 1-round pick. I was aware that she's had a great college career so far, but wanted more info. She averaged 20.3 ppg and 9.8 rpg last year!

...but then I also found this failed dunk attempt from high school:

And if you want another angle, here:

Uff! Unless they lower those rims, I don't think...well, you know! :p

Just thought her..."overly ambitious" attempt was a tad funny, but I do feel a wee bit guilty :oops: as even when a female is successful dunking the ball, there always seem to be scores of commenters needing to point out how this or that, usually that she didn't get nearly as high as an NBA player (duh!).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think I'm with Geno on this. Dunking is part of the game. Women (or this case girls) are welcome to try one, but if they do they need to make it, otherwise it is a wasted possession.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nia Coffey is 6"1", mad props to her for attempting to dunk in a HS game. There are only two girls of this size that I have ever heard of dunking in HS-in practice. Diamond DeShields and Shakayla Thomas at FSU.
BTW Nia was the Big 10 leading rebounder last year so she putting that leaping ability to good use.

Reaction Score
No doubt about Coffey having a spectacular career so far! And I know Northwestern brings back two great senior guards Dreary & Inman, both from Texas (in fact, Dreary may have overlapped 1 yr with Lauren Cox at Flower Mound), and both add plenty offense and Dreary also great assist stats at PG. They bring in some top 75-100 frosh bigs to add frontline depth, too, so should be a good team.

I think the mock draft I saw had Coffey at #8 or 9. I'm sure there are lots of taller players, maybe even some who can dunk, yet could only dream of 9.8rpg at that level. And you can tell that her approach in the vid was a bit rushed so she def looks capable of getting higher/closer.

I just had a chuckle w/ myself b/c I saw this other video a while back with an absurd title: "Kristine Anigwe Embarrasses Herself and All Women" of Kristine at the McD's AA dunk contest, and I though "Well, whoever posted that vid and came up with such hyperbole for the title...I can only imagine what they'd say here"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom