I'm Anti Anti-Edsall | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I'm Anti Anti-Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

one of my prior posts on the subject.

There are more members to the boneyard than there are donors to the athletic department...

Reaction Score
Sorry but by any reasonable measure that’s not meaningful progress.

How many Edsall recruits made one of the three All AAC teams?

By the way, five people besides me seemed to think it was. You think there's a chance that almost all home games being competitive again is progress for -- I don't know -- those of us who still actually buy tickets and get our butts into seats for games?

Reaction Score
By the way, five people besides me seemed to think it was. You think there's a chance that almost all home games being competitive again is progress for -- I don't know -- those of us who still actually buy tickets and get our butts into seats for games?

I think it was. I missed games to watch my son run, but definitely had more fun at the games this year. I expect it to be better next year. At this stage - I just want consistent improvement.

Reaction Score
LOL. I wasn't going to call you out. I don't badmouth folks who can't come to home games, and I don't in any way doubt Wisky's fandom. But I'm not a big fan on someone who didn't sit through the '18 season telling me it doesn't matter that the home games in '19 were fun again.

Reaction Score
LOL. I wasn't going to call you out. I don't badmouth folks who can't come to home games, and I don't in any way doubt Wisky's fandom. But I'm not a big fan on someone who didn't sit through the '18 season telling me it doesn't matter that the home games in '19 were fun again.

I was just agreeing - didn't think you were calling me out. Admittedly coming off of historic lows, but games were 2/3x more fun this year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
People saw progress? You can't even count barely squeaking by an 1-11 FCS team, and beating the worst FBS team of all time in UMass as indicative of anything.

In 2018 we played close games against FBS team in USF, UMass, SMU
In 2019 we played close games against FBS teams in ECU, Houston, and Illinios

But, since those 3 games in 2019 were at home, we should defer any expectations another year?

Reaction Score

I can’t debate that. I used to schedule my R&R around home games and fly thousands of miles for games but I’m older and with a family so I don’t enjoy the freedom of movement that I once did.

So don’t discount the impact of the UConn fandom diaspora. When I used to hit 2-

That being said, no I still don’t thing it is meaningful in the grand scheme of things.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We had 3,871 donors in 2015-16 - just after winning a NC in hoops. For a school of our size, that is abysmal.

Are you talking about endowment donors?

If you are, I'm going to say something very controversial; who friggin cares. What I care about are season ticket holders + 3 game ticket holders + single ticket purchasers in all sports. Because you may think that's not real money. I think it's millions.

And when we average 30k+ in football and greater than 10k in basketball, we are making real money. Try to make the argument that winning doesn't increase those numbers. That's the real problem right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom