I'm actually dreading tonight's game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm actually dreading tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've always been kind of a night owl. But I have been making a concerted effort lately to get to bed early so I can get up and workout. I feel 1000% better than I have in years and have much more energy. I am dreading the idea of staying up until midnight, only to potentially watch them lose to another team they should beat by 20 points. And then I lose on both ends.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's tough, a must win we should win but might not win based on our last two automatic wins which were not wins at all

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tonight could be a double dose of dogshit. Double dose.

Chicks play Baylor at 7:30.

But more importantly...Vance comin'.

Reaction Score
In a weird way I look forward to the games as much or more during seasons when we are struggling. Way I look at it, the sooner you have the chance to get a bad taste out of your mouth, the better, especially with a team like this that is bad, not hopeless. The football team I might feel differently about.

You know what games I dread? NCAA Tournament games, even when we have nasty teams. Those games torment me. Watching a UConn game without knowing whether it will be the last game for eight months is just so stomach-churning. Doesn't stop me from paying $300 to watch in person, but I pretty much feel like I'm awaiting a murder trial in the hours leading up to those games.
I was this close to buying tickets to msg 2011, didn't want to see the team lose even though i was living in the city then. Honestly disagree with you here though champs, i can't get excited until we prove we are worth getting excited about. This game, win or loss, wont really swing my level of disappointment from the last two... a win vs ok state would though. just my opinion though, when uconn is in bad shape i dont even watch college basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm in Westport. The game is blacked out for me on watchespn and espn 3. I t's not on SNY. I will stream the audio but if anyone has an idea on lower Fairfield County getting this game I would love to know.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I'm in Westport. The game is blacked out for me on watchespn and espn 3. I t's not on SNY. I will stream the audio but if anyone has an idea on lower Fairfield County getting this game I would love to know.
The game is on SNY.

Reaction Score
I was this close to buying tickets to msg 2011, didn't want to see the team lose even though i was living in the city then. Honestly disagree with you here though champs, i can't get excited until we prove we are worth getting excited about. This game, win or loss, wont really swing my level of disappointment from the last two... a win vs ok state would though. just my opinion though, when uconn is in bad shape i dont even watch college basketball.

Oh, I wouldn't describe myself as excited to watch, it's just that, the more I watch, the more likely it is that something does excite me.

Reaction Score
Tonight could be a double dose of dogshit. Double dose.

Chicks play Baylor at 7:30.

But more importantly...Vance comin'.
Well, the chicks won so it won't be a double dose.

I know people lose their collective minds when anything like this is suggested but, maybe, Ollie should watch a couple of Geno's practices. Not to take away anything technical (two different games and all that) but to remind him what a championship environment looks like. This is a rebuilding year for Geno so he has challenges too. The key is how you approach those challenges. It isn't what he does but how he does it and what he demands from his players.

Reaction Score
starters announced, ollie heady enough to ditch facey from the line up. replaced vance with purvis.

Reaction Score
starters announced, ollie heady enough to ditch facey from the line up. replaced vance with purvis.

I'm glad he didn't wait too long to make that change. It was inevitable.

Reaction Score
I've seen high school gyms bigger than this LMU gym. Should do wonders for our shooting. :oops::eek:

Reaction Score
This will have to be a pressing team to succeed because Ollie just insists on not running a half court offense.

Reaction Score
This will have to be a pressing team to succeed because Ollie just insists on not running a half court offense.
We're shooting 58% from the floor and have gotten to the line 12 times.

Reaction Score
"The game is on SNY."

They did not have it listed on the program guide on SNY - cablevision. So thank you Yankees 32123

Reaction Score
Up 10 then quick 3's, turnovers against the press, and the Gilbert injury brings it back to a tie. Not the momentum we were looking for.

Reaction Score
We're shooting 58% from the floor and have gotten to the line 12 times.
Right, the offense has been flawless.

How many of those points came in transition, by the way?

Reaction Score
Right, the offense has been flawless.

How many of those points came in transition, by the way?
At the time I posted, which was just before Gilbert's injury? 6.

I mean, there's lots to complain about tonight, and it's pretty clear that we're en route to our worst season in 30+ years. But they're running a real offense and getting decent looks -- problem is half of them can't shoot, and the other half keeps passing up open 3s in order to take contested 2s.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wish my cable went out and I didn't have to watch this debacle.

So bad. So horrifically bad.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It was an ugly but gutty win. I didn't know if they would overcome Gilbert's injury.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I've seen high school gyms bigger than this LMU gym. Should do wonders for our shooting. :oops::eek:
Well if anything it's similar size to the Lahaina Civic Center. Not expecting much after how we've played but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom