I'm actually dreading tonight's game. | The Boneyard

I'm actually dreading tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't felt that in a long time. Not only that, since it's at ten o'clock, you have to wait all day and then have this lonely experience. I always think UConn is going to win, always. But this team has seriously shaken my faith. And even if they do win, so what, it will be relief, that's all.

And if they lose.... the good news is my brother is a psychiatric counselor.

Reaction Score
Haven't felt that in a long time. Not only that, since it's at ten o'clock, you have to wait all day and then have this lonely experience. I always think UConn is going to win, always. But this team has seriously shaken my faith. And even if they do win, so what, it will be relief, that's all.

But you're definitely looking forward to starting a few dullard posts in the morning after the game, even if we win I bet.

The only thing I'm dreading is work Friday morning on like 6 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. Please boys, play well and don't give us any overtimes

side note: is this a watchESPN does anyone know or am I going to have to get some viruses on Trump's Russian streams?

Reaction Score
But you're definitely looking forward to starting a few dullard posts in the morning after the game, even if we win I bet.

The only thing I'm dreading is work Friday morning on like 6 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. Please boys, play well and don't give us any overtimes

side note: is this a watchESPN does anyone know or am I going to have to get some viruses on Trump's Russian streams?
It's on WatchESPN

Reaction Score
Why dread this game? Look at it this way - the national embarrassment of losing to two nobody programs has already come and gone - if they lose another one it's not going to materially move the needle any further - hopefully the team loosens up a bit and shows improvement.

Reaction Score

Getting away from home may be the best thing for this team. They are going to be forced to be together for the next 4-5 days. This is where Coach has to earn his money. The next week is critical for the season and I don't mean in terms of wins and losses.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As frustrating as those first two losses were, I'm still looking forward to every game. This team has talent, and I could see any one of the freshmen that we have being much better players by the end of the year. This team just needs to make baby steps; the goal should be incremental improvement and being as ready as possible for the conference tournament in our own building. Win that, and we're in the NCAAs and have a chance to potentially make some noise.

Maybe that's crazy of me to believe, but I'm not losing faith. We've SEEN Jalen play much better than this. We saw Rodney play better than this; hell, he was our best player last year against Kansas. Larrier looks like he has a ton of potential, and these freshman have a lot of talent as well. Once Durham gets his legs under him he could have a huge impact for us. I'm just gonna root for small victories from here on out and hope our talent can click together by March.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm in LA visiting my son who lives close to UCLA. He had bought tickets for their game. Too bad. Could've gone to see UConn. KO and Rickey were on my plane out here. Why would they not have traveled With the team? KO comes from LA but why Rickey. And they weren't sitting together.

Reaction Score
I'm in LA visiting my son who lives close to UCLA. He had bought tickets for their game. Too bad. Could've gone to see UConn. KO and Rickey were on my plane out here. Why would they not have traveled With the team? KO comes from LA but why Rickey. And they weren't sitting together.
recruiting?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I'm pumped. Let's turn this around. The first two games were embarrassing, demoralizing and unacceptable. But this team is still loaded with talent and potential. There is no reason we can't do a complete 180 and go on a run, getting right back into the mix of things. It starts by not having a fair-weather fanbase abandoning the team.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a recruiting trip.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As frustrating as those first two losses were, I'm still looking forward to every game.
I'd like to claim that but I'd be fooling myself. And I've always looked forward to games, even when they are losing. But these guys don't play team ball and when the heaves aren't falling it makes for a painful watch.

Reaction Score

You might want to keep your ignorance based political agenda off the basketball board. Keep it in the cess pool where it belongs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why dread this game? Look at it this way - the national embarrassment of losing to two nobody programs has already come and gone - if they lose another one it's not going to materially move the needle any further - hopefully the team loosens up a bit and shows improvement.

This is why I dread it. Lose and the season is effectively over. Three games in and it's over. To overcome a loss they would need to win at least two games in Maui, beat Ohio State and Syracuse, then go through the AAC season with maybe 2-3 losses. A team that loses to Wagner, Northeastern and LMU isn't going to have the confidence to make that kind of a run.

Right now, that eternal optimist, Joe Lunardi has 0-2 UConn in the tournament as a 10 seed. If this ship can be righted in time for us to make the tournament, it has to start tonight.

Reaction Score
In a weird way I look forward to the games as much or more during seasons when we are struggling. Way I look at it, the sooner you have the chance to get a bad taste out of your mouth, the better, especially with a team like this that is bad, not hopeless. The football team I might feel differently about.

You know what games I dread? NCAA Tournament games, even when we have nasty teams. Those games torment me. Watching a UConn game without knowing whether it will be the last game for eight months is just so stomach-churning. Doesn't stop me from paying $300 to watch in person, but I pretty much feel like I'm awaiting a murder trial in the hours leading up to those games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not watching the game live. I'm planning on going to bed around 9:00 and waking up with my 10 month old. I'll bomb through it on DVR in an hour, as I feed him and put him back down to bed.

Reaction Score
You might want to keep your ignorance based political agenda off the basketball board. Keep it in the cess pool where it belongs.

wow captain serious, I would LOVE to not drink a beer with you

Reaction Score
I'll watch as much of it as I can tonite... Hopefully our bigs have awoken and at least one person totally commits to manning the middle fulltime.. that means keeping the presence there, and plenty of board crashing... We start chasing the ball too much on D and end up out of position to rebound... stick to more of a 2 / 3 D for now... get our sea legs in the middle and control the glass... the offense will come and it flows from our backcourt... It'll come along with our ability to run the floor... Dig in on D FULL TIME first....

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Another great thing about tonight's game; it tips at 5pm Maui time. Perfect time to watch a game and sip Mai tais on the deck.

Reaction Score
Tonight is the start of a new season. This trip will allow the team to gel and emerge as the team we know to rise up to the challenge and take the Maui tournament!!!!!

The conference relignment was a huge blow to the program but this program is all about defining the odds. In Ollies words " were not a Cinderella, we're UCONN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom