I'm a little surprised that Harvard didn't move into the top 25 | The Boneyard

I'm a little surprised that Harvard didn't move into the top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sort of feel bad for them. They must be thinking what do we have to do to move into the top 25? We beat formally ranked FSU and defeated the team that beat the team was formally the #4 team in the nation. Other than UConn, there's not much else on their schedule that will help them get into the top 25. They'll need a bunch of teams ahead of them to lose plus run their Ivy League table or come close to it to get into the top 25.

Now are they deserving? I don't know. Are they as deserving as a few of the teams ahead of them? I think so.

There's no doubt that they'll be gunning big time when to play us next week. I was hoping they'd be ranked at the time to help our OOC resume. Hopefully FSU will do some damage in the ACC and play themselves back into the top 25 to give us an RPI bump.

Reaction Score
I agree. They won a tournament that contained a Top 10 and Top 20 team. You would think they would at least be ranked somewhere between 20 and 25.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
No need to worry about the Harvard brainiacs. They're #27 this week in both the writers' and coaches' polls. Some teams ahead of them will definitely lose, and Harvard will move up so long as it keeps winning.

Reaction Score
Problem for them is they are Harvard. I think they absolutely deserve to be in the Top 25. But some better known basketball school from a bigger conference is going to get the votes. Maybe Penn or Princeton would have gotten a ranking form winning that tourney, since they are the "basketball schools" in the Ivy. It will take some time before harvard gets there, though.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
No need to worry about the Harvard brainiacs. They're #27 this week in both the writers' and coaches' polls. Some teams ahead of them will definitely lose, and Harvard will move up so long as it keeps winning.

Hopefully it doesn't keep winning until after next Thursday.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score

True. Silly of me to forget we're playing them so soon.

Reaction Score
I was going to post the same thing. Harvard has just UVM and Seattle before they play us. Maybe that's enough games and time to move into the top 25 before they play UConn. For that to happen, a few teams ranked in the 20 to 25 range have to lose. I hope it happens for them. IMO, they got a raw deal. When a program like Harvard that rarely has much of a chance to crack to top 25 makes a case for themselves, it would be nice if they are thrown a bone.

Of course I don't mind if we unceremoniously bounce them from the ranks of the ranked. Not assuming that will happen. I expect the Crimson to give us a battle. Hopefully the home court, our size and the addition of Boatright will get the job done.

Reaction Score
How Cal remained in both top 25's is a head scratcher-losing by almost 40 points to a team should take you out of the top 25. Harvard and St. Louis are both playing well. One kindda got screwed. Harvard's defense is gonna be a handful for us. It'll be a good early test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom